Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Other than adding "designer, and entrepreneur," you've really just elaborated on and confirmed what others have said. Former model who dropped out of architecture school. No, there's nothing wrong with that. But it's not impressive either. "Designer and entrepreneur" doesn't really mean anything either unless she had successful businesses (prior to being married to Trump -- I don't know if she does and I don't care enough to look it up). Basically, she's not a slouch, but there's nothing impressive about her background either. Compared to Ms. Obama, there's really nothing there at all.
    I would say that adding "designer, and entrepreneur" is a pretty significant improvement on a resume relative to "model". Again, this roughly parallel people that refer to Obama's pre-Presidency career as being a community organizer. OK, that's true. He was also a lawyer and Senator, which seems relevant.

I'm personally more likely to be impressed with Ms. Obama's resume because I tend towards being more impressed by academic achievement, but my understanding is that modeling and fashion are viciously competitive, cut-throat industries.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Yes, Michelle Obama was, in fact, like her husband, an Affirmative Action admission. Thanks for playing! Regardless, yet again, I must ask why the accomplishments, or lack thereof, of any First Lady or potential First Lady matters? Here's a hint: they don't!
    Can you link a source for that information?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Someone on the staff apparently has a hard-on for Rob Kazinsky.
    It's because he mentioned MMOchamp in a interview and said he "was watching us".
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    Is today April 1st or something? Why is my avatar wrong?
    Kazinsky just outed himself as an MMOC forum user in the interview on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Any idiot can be born pretty. It is not an accomplishment, nor is bagging a billionaire by virtue of having big tits and then funding some unprofitable business ventures with the allowance he gives you.

Getting through Harvard takes hard work and intelligence. Being a model takes a small waist and a big rack. One shows character, the other just shows skin.
    I doubt its as easy as you'd like to state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This is a pretty unfair characterization of Melania Trump, about on par with people that call Obama a "community organizer" while ignoring his other career achievements. Melania Trump escaped the crumbling Soviet Union via her modeling; she dropped out of an architecture program to pursue modeling and went on to become a successful model, designer, and entrepreneur. These things don't require the same intellect as Harvard Law, but let's be clear, Ms. Obama hasn't done law in 20+ years. There's no shame in the career or life Ms. Trump has put together for herself.
    Not to mention Michelle only got in to Harvard because of AA. She did horrible in High School

I like how this thread just became about Rob Kazinsky!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Not to mention Michelle only got in to Harvard because of AA. She did horrible in High School
    This still needs a citation. Until there is a citation, it is false.

In fact, it's better than I've pulled off.
    Guess you should have just worked harder to be born as a more attractive person, then. Oh...wait.

Praising people for something they have next to no control over is pretty stupid. The same reason people make such a big deal about "ermahgerd racism!"...because criticizing someone for things they have no control over is stupid as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, people that talk shit about her appearance are obvious suffering from advanced stage Obama Derangement Syndrome. Particularly considering her age, she's a pretty attractive woman:

Even if you don't find her attractive, she surely isn't particularly thick.
    If you say so. She looks like a m to f transexual to a lot of people

This is extremely unlikely. While Harvard does use AA to provide positive discrimination, the median scores for African-American admits are still way above the national averages.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Thats not fair, there is a HOST of shit that makes her unclassy, without even counting the nudes.
    I stated only the nudes. Try the best to look from an unbiased opinion (I failed at that myself) and see if you would consider her classy. Just her and her nudes. It's only an opinion though and I also agree with the fact that nudes open to the world are unclassy so that might make me biased from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Source? Otherwise bullshit
    "In the case of Michelle Obama, affirmative action did all three. The partners at Sidley Austin learned this the hard way. In 1988, they hired her out of Harvard Law under the impression that the degree meant something. It did not. By 1991, Michelle was working in the public sector as an assistant to the mayor. By 1993, she had given up her law license.

Had the partners investigated Michelle's background, they would have foreseen the disaster to come. Sympathetic biographer Liza Mundy writes, 'Michelle frequently deplores the modern reliance on test scores, describing herself as a person who did not test well.'" [...] "Mundy charitably describes her senior thesis at Princeton as "dense and turgid." The less charitable Christopher Hitchens observes, 'To describe [the thesis] as hard to read would be a mistake; the thesis cannot be 'read' at all, in the strict sense of the verb. This is because it wasn't written in any known language.'"

[...] "To his credit, Obama concedes that he 'may have benefited from the Law Review's affirmative action policy.' This did not strike him as unusual as he 'undoubtedly benefited from affirmative action programs during my academic career.'"

https://www.newamerica.org/our-people/liza-mundy/ (In addition to being a regular columnist at the Washington Post, Mrs. Mundy is the author of the biography on the life of Michelle Obama)

Michelle Obama has routinely stated that she didn't test well, that her scores weren't great, and that, due to her grades, her high school counselors advised her against applying. Furthermore, early examples of her writing ability tend to side with those statements. On top of that, Princeton (along with all of the Ivies) has engaged in significant, Affirmative Action programs that are specifically designed to increase their number of "minority" students:

"According to the study, without affirmative action the acceptance rate for African-American candidates likely would fall nearly two-thirds, from 33.7 percent to 12.2 percent, while the acceptance rate for Hispanic applicants likely would be cut in half, from 26.8 percent to 12.9 percent. While these declines are dramatic, the authors note that the long-term impact could be worse."

https://www.princeton.edu/main/news/...n=newsreleases

P.S. Anyways, since I don't have anymore time to deal with this nonsense, I'll simply re-posit the following query: why does any of this matter? It's a CARTOON!
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2016-05-17 at 11:05 PM.

It really is though. My cousin is as dumb as a brick, high school dropout. But he has nice abs and a chiseled face so he gets easy modeling work that requires literally no brain power on his part. Even has a sugar momma who buys him cars as long as he bangs her. And, again, this is a kid who couldn't pass high school level math and science and failed the written entry exam for the Army....twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Harvard does NOT use AA. Please stop repeating that myth.
    You sound jealous, as opposed to being based in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Guess you should have just worked harder to be born as a more attractive person, then. Oh...wait.

Praising people for something they have next to no control over is pretty stupid. The same reason people make such a big deal about "ermahgerd racism!"...because criticizing someone for things they have no control over is stupid as well.
    People praise intellect all the time. I was born with quite a bit of talent to do math, so I taught myself to kick ass at the SATs, go to a good school, and yadayadayada. Mostly, I didn't earn that anymore than Ms. Trump earned her career. We were both born with basically nothing, had sufficient talents to get somewhere, and used them accordingly.

I guess I had to put in some time to do well in math and science, but it honestly wasn't very hard for the most part until the grind that is graduate school. For sufficiently talented people, high school and undergraduate level academic work is really easy. For some reason, we still treat that as a laudable character trait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Subjective, since having a toned body is not necessarily a masculine trait.
    A toned body, wide face, blocky jaw. All manly traits

If you say so. She looks like a m to f transexual to a lot of people
    I thought m to f transexuals were all just big hairy pedophiles who are going to rape your daughters in women's bathrooms. Guess you learn something new every day.

Of course. Since no way could a black women get into Harvard. Typical.

Harvard does NOT use AA. Please stop repeating that myth.
    You should email them about it then and get them to clean up their website.
    http://diversity.harvard.edu/pages/equal-opportunity
    ...the Office of the Assistant to the President for Institutional Diversity and Equity has overall responsibility for the oversight, direction, and management of Harvard University’s Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action and Nondiscrimination policies.
    According to this article on Bloomberg, they're really enthusiastic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I stated only the nudes. Try the best to look from an unbiased opinion (I failed at that myself) and see if you would consider her classy. Just her and her nudes. It's only an opinion though and I also agree with the fact that nudes open to the world are unclassy so that might make me biased from the start.
    Nudes, IMO, are not necessarily unclassy. Nothing wrong with showing your body if you so choose.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Their broad AA program was dismantled in 1998. The website references policy on it, and the current policy is to not use AA except in case by case basis' for the purpose of disseminating financial aid. And it was not active during the time Michelle Obama attended.

Even if it had been, AA does not advantage students with poor grades. The requirements for entry are not lowered; rather, applications that do qualify may be given admissions preference over equally qualified students based on demographic.

- - - Updated - - -

One takes work. The other does not. We respect hard work and effort in this country, in case you forgot.
    Both of your posts are incorrect.