Thread: The Division

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Right, because neither of those are part of May. Gtfo.
    What crawled up your ass and died?

Oh, that's right. You're one of the resident white knights in this thread aren't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    1.2 out may 24h.
    Hijack Extraction looks like fun ^^

Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the Dark Zone Hi-Jacking seems neat.

But the rest. I'll wait to see it in action before I give my opinion on it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I cant see anything bad coming from people being able to hi-jack loot.

This seems like a great fucking idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    I cant see anything bad coming from people being able to hi-jack loot.

This seems like a great fucking idea!
    Oh, you mean even MORE ways to grief and generally annoy the fuck out of everyone in the DZ?

If hijacking loot doesn't make you go rogue in the process, then it's one of the dumbest fucking things they could implement. Because if you don't go rogue doing it, then it forces the people who put the loot on the rope to go rogue in order to defend it.....which would be fucking retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh, you mean even MORE ways to grief and generally annoy the fuck out of everyone in the DZ?

If hijacking loot doesn't make you go rogue in the process, then it's one of the dumbest fucking things they could implement. Because if you don't go rogue doing it, then it forces the people who put the loot on the rope to go rogue in order to defend it.....which would be fucking retarded.
    You do go Rogue once you hijack.

Plus, what it does is it drops all the bags on the floor. So if you decide to hijack three 9/9 loads worth of stuff, you'll be extracting that 3 times yourself if you manage to fight it off.

The Dark Zone will see some changes that are going to make extractions even more intense than they were before. Specifically, Agents will now have the option to hijack your loot. This means that a player can run to an extraction rope and cut it, causing all of the loot to fall to the ground.
    https://blog.ubi.com/the-division-co...ion-highjacks/
    Will I go Rogue if I hijack an extraction?

PM: Yes, you will go Rogue if you hijack an extraction.
    http://blog.ubi.com/42953/
    I'm unsure what this means for solo players. I often run around alone and am able to be extract fairly often without getting jumped. I foresee groups of people just lingering around extractions just to nick the pouches. This goes for other groups too of course but it's fairly assumable solo players will be facing this quite a lot. If feels like they're trying to add more tension to the whole DZ but unwillingly (or not) forcing people to group up with others just to be able to extract gear.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2016-05-18 at 08:49 AM.
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha cutting the rope is going to make some people rage.

What new challenge modes is there with the update?

Deleted
    i have the feeling the new incursion will be aother big room + incoming waves

It's like Massive wants to completely kill off their game. DZ is just a huge cheat and grief-fest already, so why not make it even worse rite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    i have the feeling the new incursion will be aother big room + incoming waves
    I'm feeling a bit bored atm already, if it's another Horde mode I'll probably abandon the game pretty soon.
    All they've said is that 'it has a checkpoint', whatever that means.

Incursions should be like the story missions are but bigger. Huge plant or building, mini-bosses, room fights and open area fights, big end battle. Like the UN mission, it doesn't take too much imagination to make incursions work like that.

For now it's a wait and see, but another horde mode with only 1-2 pieces of loot at the end of it will be a big letdown for me. The new open world high value targets thing might add something to do in between. They can make this game the next big thing but they're dropping the ball on so many fronts.

They need to stop having so many different tiers of gear...it's honestly too much and one of the many reasons I havent even touched the game in over a month. This game has such potential but as Nutricul states they keep dropping the ball on so many fronts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    1.2 out may 24h.
    Hijack Extraction looks like fun ^^
    To be fair, looks a bit pointless. From the video it looks like it puts you in quite a long animation lock, long enough for even a remotely decent player to kill you. Seems it flags you as rogue as you begin to cut it too. I really don't see many people doing this, unless its your standard 4 man griefing rogue group.

Animation lock is 6 seconds, even with survivor link up, you'll have a hard time surviving someone hammering you for 6 seconds without been able to move, and you get a 19 second timer even if you cancel the animation, it sounds cool in theory, but is just another pointless addition to the DZ.

I get the whole "making people go rogue deal" but this isn't the answer. You can just roll up and kill people before they put the loot onto the rope, you get the same effect. They need to make going rogue more rewarding, even now the best way to farm credits is to just farm rogues/man hunts. You should get WAAAAY more then 11k credits for surviving a manhunt, they should even reward you with the chance of gear given how difficult it actually is to survive one.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-05-18 at 02:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    To be fair, looks a bit pointless. From the video it looks like it puts you in quite a long animation lock, long enough for even a remotely decent player to kill you. Seems it flags you as rogue as you begin to cut it too. I really don't see many people doing this, unless its your standard 4 man griefing rogue group.
    Yeah at first I thought it to be fun but the more I think if it I kinda see this as a bad addition to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless things have changed, it's pointless to cut the rope to get gear, since most of it is shit drops.

Will just be good for griefing. I think the main reason is to make you stick around until your gear has been extracted, as at the moment, you can just run away instantly with no worry.

Asked above, is there new challenge modes in this patch? They said there would be.

Or is the only new content, an Incursion, some crappy world "bosses" and cut a rope?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Unless things have changed, it's pointless to cut the rope to get gear, since most of it is shit drops.

Will just be good for griefing. I think the main reason is to make you stick around until your gear has been extracted, as at the moment, you can just run away instantly with no worry.

Asked above, is there new challenge modes in this patch? They said there would be.

Or is the only new content, an Incursion, some crappy world "bosses" and cut a rope?
    Well they are changing drops to 'more high valued' items, plus DZ 200+ bracket drops 204 and up, even 240 gearset items. So in 200+ rope cutting could grand you interesting items.

I was hoping for new CM's too, can't find any info on it tho. With new missions they might only mean the PvE weekly and daily missions for those high valued targets.

Deleted
    Another thing, you can just hide until like 5 seconds till it leaves and put your loot on the rope then. They really didn't think this system through. Also if you are on an empty server, and you can cut your own rope, you can go rogue and just wait it out for credits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure if you can cut your own rope tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Another thing, you can just hide until like 5 seconds till it leaves and put your loot on the rope then. They really didn't think this system through. Also if you are on an empty server, and you can cut your own rope, you can go rogue and just wait it out for credits.
    I doubt you'll be able to cut your own rope... and the chopper will most likely not disappear if you are already trying to cut the rope either.

He doesn't disappear if you start attaching it at 0:01 either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to cut your own rope... and the chopper will most likely not disappear if you are already trying to cut the rope either.

He doesn't disappear if you start attaching it at 0:01 either.
    We are taking about Massive here..They'll intend for it to not be cut, and only you will be able to cut your own rope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, instead of being able to put your items on the rope you always cut it so you can't attach them at all.
    I wouldn't frown on that either :-P

And they'll fix it come patch 1.3 ^^