Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I think the entire fucking Stats squish We had before was not big enough. I said it on the forum and to my Friends, It solves NOTHING if they only Set back the Numbers of stuff with 1 expation. either should have been NOT at all, or should have gone to TBC or WOLK numbers. Was pointless to set it back to Cata levels and the end of MoP. cus Now in Cata we reaced the same MoP levels of high numbers(befire stat squish)
    It solved the issue it was meant to solve. That being mobs breaking the health limit and bugging out. These changes render that issue irrelevant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It solved the issue it was meant to solve. That being mobs breaking the health limit and bugging out. These changes render that issue irrelevant.
    Now we are only left with the issue that people don't work with millions as numbers, that's why diablo got the short forms, nobody knew if they did 100M or 1000M. Same issue will arise in WoW. Both games suffer from serious issues with sensible scaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....Its

OVER 9 QUADTRILLION!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    I think the problem is systemic. Since they've used the ability to scale gear according to level, I'm guessing they have to maintain a certain order of magnitude to maintain a feel of power, especially against lower level content. If a level 90 item gave 100 strength and a level 110 item gave 180 strength, it doesn't leave a ton of room for level 100 items. And the higher the level cap goes, the less and less stats that can go on low level items. This means items up to level 40(speculation) would look very much the same as level 10 items, stat wise. This power creep has been the biggest problem to nearly every multi-expansion game.

With that said, there are other ways to milk stats. You can still have a massive buff against lower level mobs. You can also make players have scaling stat bonuses. So say each item gives a +1 increase to main stats and 1.2 increase to stamina every 3 item levels, this still puts level 100 and 110 items in close proximity to each other, so the player gets a +x% stat scaling from stats based on player level. The power creep is still there. It is just less pronounced. They would have to be very careful to make players not want to keep and use gear from previous expansions. Some sort of "for each level above an item your stat scaling on that item is reduced by 20%"

And I'm afraid even changes like that would present a terrible technical and developmental hurdle. I can't be sure, I'm not a programmer.
    I think Blizzard needs to rethink their philosophy on how simple previous expansion content needs to be for players. The difference between level 40 gear and level 50 gear in WoW is +20 stamina maybe. The difference between level 80 and 90 gear shouldn't be +200 stamina. As long as we're still getting more powerful, the gear from newer expansions will always be better, even if the margin is smaller.

The way I see it, green level 91 gear shouldn't replace epic level 90 gear, but it's fine if green level 99 gear does. New expansion power hikes are ridiculous, and they've accumulated too high after 6 expansions.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2016-05-18 at 05:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Haha. This is hilarious. Not you, you're not hilarious at all. It's just ironic that I just visited a Reddit thread concerning MMO-C with the general agreement of Redditors being this entire site is infested with hateful fucking termites who can do nothing but spew vile comments to eachother for no reason whatsoever. Thus, many Redditors avoid it.
    Well then go back to your faggy leddit and stay there.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should keep the big numbers. Go the Diabloo route, absolutely ridiculous levels. Fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well then go back to your faggy leddit and stay there.
    You don't get to use fag as a derogatory insult now or ever. Especially when you've got some Anime waifu as your avatar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    They should keep the big numbers. Go the Diabloo route, absolutely ridiculous levels. Fuck it.
    I want to crit someone for a 12 digit number, please and thanks. The numbers really aren't anything I pay attention to anyways. May as well not display them?

Deleted
    You don't get to use fag as a derogatory insult now or ever. Especially when you've got some Anime waifu as your avatar.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to crit someone for a 12 digit number, please and thanks. The numbers really aren't anything I pay attention to anyways. May as well not display them?
    If you don't pay attation why go for 12 digits? Why not just go to 0.2% als Damage Number? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Sargnagel View Post
    If you don't pay attation why go for 12 digits? Why not just go to 0.2% als Damage Number? :O
    Fine by me, it doesn't matter what I'm actually hitting for, be it 5 or 5,000. As long as the percentage off enemy health is the same.

Deleted
    Yes, but I "have" to go LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic for the gear. It's not the norm to skip right into heroic.

So yes, the first bosses will get easier and easier for seasoned raiders, so what? Non Linear Raiddesign and nobody cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no the top 5% will only have the hardest things to do? Just like right now with mythic?
    So they have to kill them over and over again just like now?

If it's about numbers for you: Newsflash! Less difficulties should come with either multiple raid instances or at least double the amount of bosses to keep variantion higher for each bracket.
    People who do mythic raiding go normal maybe once, maybe not even once. They also dont start out with normal in the next tier. So thats not really true. And people who do mythic pretty much never ever do lfr(at least not for gear, maybe for helping someone but thats an entirely different thing)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    People who do mythic raiding go normal maybe once, maybe not even once. They also dont start out with normal in the next tier. So thats not really true. And people who do mythic pretty much never ever do lfr(at least not for gear, maybe for helping someone but thats an entirely different thing)
    So what? Non linear raid design and you can skip the easier bosses if you don't want to do them. It's not rocket Science to make it possible.

Deleted
    So what? Non linear raid design and you can skip the easier bosses if you don't want to do them. It's not rocket Science to make it possible.
    Ehm yeah. And then you have 3-4 relevant bosses per tier. Farm that for a year will you?

Tell me one thing.

What does this new "design" have in favor of the old one.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I get to say whatever I want. This isn't your hugbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Ehm yeah. And then you have 3-4 relevant bosses per tier. Farm that for a year will you?

Tell me one thing.

What does this new "design" have in favor of the old one.
    Nope, they can do double the amount of bosses per tier.
    You don't need 4 variants of every item, so you have a lot less ilevel bloat. And people don't rush lfr, beat the endboss without any challenge and thus make the threat of each expansion look like a weak excuse for a new expansion.

Take a look at TBC and how they managed raiding there, just merge the different tiers into one raid per tier and you have something for every kind of player but you don't just rehash every boss over and over again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    again, simple remove the other 3 difficulties, problem solved instant, without doubling or cutting bosses
    wich 3 would you remove?
    Everything but LFR: people will feel unchallenged and quit
    Everything but normal: kinda unchallenging, but better.
    Everything but heroic: people will feel too challenged or still not enough. If we go with cutting 3 probably the best option.
    Everything but mythic: a lot of people will feel too challenged and quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way it's dumb. I hate huge huge numbers. Psychology YO
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    i would say everything besides heroic, as blizz said they design raids in this difficulty so we agree

for extra challange give raids uludar/Leishan hardmode with one-two bosses for extra difficulty for people who want the challange, done
    That would be an option, but they went away from hardmodes because it's hard to implement these without making it a button you need to push *cough* Mimiron *cough*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Before they squished they said they wouldn't have to if they didn't want to.

After the squish they reminded us it was an aesthetic choice on their end; that they did not *have* to do it.

... which means that nothing has changed.
    Source needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Diablo has options for displaying them as percentage and hiding them entirely. Can't remember if WoW has anything like that off the top of my head. A couple of options for rounding numbers and percentages might make some people happier as well. I don't really pay attention to numbers either, but I do miss them when they're not there (and huge).

Deleted
    Yes, but I "have" to go LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic for the gear. It's not the norm to skip right into heroic.

So yes, the first bosses will get easier and easier for seasoned raiders, so what? Non Linear Raiddesign and nobody cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no the top 5% will only have the hardest things to do? Just like right now with mythic?
    So they have to kill them over and over again just like now?

If it's about numbers for you: Newsflash! Less difficulties should come with either multiple raid instances or at least double the amount of bosses to keep variantion higher for each bracket.
    Stop lying. No honest person that raids heroic mode would EVER go LFR or normal for that matter. why? Because he has the gear from the previous raid tiers, and would go straight into heroic.

How does it work at the first raid then you ask?

Like every expansion before that didnt have lfr. You go into normal/heroic from the get go with blues/greens.