15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    1.) Where can you see how many are online at a given time?
    There's no way to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    There's no way to do so.
    Oh, thought he meant you could.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, thought he meant you could.
    No, he meant that character creation locked is based on how many are logged in. Which is why the more populated servers are usually unlocked during wee hours of the morning or before/after maintenance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be screamed at if I fuck up in a dungeon or raid, but absofuckinglutely tell me if there's something I can do better.
    I agree on the stuff you said before.

I didn't scream at her.
    I saw she was chaincasting Bio 2 and merely stated:

"Use Bio 2 once and then use Ruin 2 until Bio 2 runs out, after that refresh it once. Do not spam a damage over time spell."
    Clear concise and neutral language is important when you criticize.

15+ Year Old Account
    Spamming ruin 2 is the wrong thing to do anyway. :P Ruin 1 is the filler spell, ruin 2 is used either on the move or befoer say like using rouse/spur.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.) Where can you see how many are online at a given time?
    2.) What started in TBC?
    Sodium in WoW 2006 was bc release year

And not sure you can(this is one thing I wish they would bring from Wow abd other games server activity)

- - - Updated - - -

Spamming ruin 2 is the wrong thing to do anyway. :P Ruin 1 is the filler spell, ruin 2 is used either on the move or befoer say like using rouse/spur.
    Or later in dragon stance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Or later in dragon stance
    That would be Ruin 3. :P really the only time you're using ruin 2 is on the move or before your 'big' cds.

@All of the Ruin # people. This IS the same spell, just different rank right? FF brings purposeful down-ranking "back" (from WoW days)? Nice....

15+ Year Old Account
    No, that is not correct. They're 3 different spells.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    @All of the Ruin # people. This IS the same spell, just different rank right? FF brings purposeful down-ranking "back" (from WoW days)? Nice....
    Nope. Ruin II serves a different function from Ruin I, as does Ruin III from the other 2.

They are similar but their use cases differ.

Ruin I is your rotation filler.

Ruin II is your cast on the move filler - more MP intensive so you can't spam it.

Ruin III is really only usable during Deathwyrm Trace - unless you want to go OOM; very mana intensive.

So ya, the rank doesn't mean "upgrade".
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-05-18 at 08:10 PM.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    No not really ruin 1 is a nornal cast time and cheap spammable skill..basically umm..Shadowbolt. The Arcanist plays like an affliction lock Dot and pets

Ruin 2 is expensive but an instant cast no Dot

ruin 3 has a crazy cost abd cast time UNLESS in Dreadwyrm Trance a later skill in which case it is peanuts to cast and casts very fast.

For a BLM(think mage) fire 1 basic single target fire 2 AOE fire 3 is single target but ALOT more damage generally used when you get a fire one price

Blizzard 1 is a single target blizzard 2 close range AOE blizzard 3 single target massive damage

The mage does have thunder where you generally start with thunder 2 theb use thunder 3 on proc(free cast and extra damage)

Also to explain black mage/thaumaturge they have unlimited mana in a way. Using fire spells they get a buff that increases fire spell damage but removes mana regeneration blizzard or ice spells will remove the fire buff and add one that increases mana regen to a crazy degree so slam blizzard when low on mana(the perk of fire 3 abd blizzard 3 is they apply their buff instead of remove it) so you generally use a skill to swap buffs at lower levels. Once you get fire 3 and blizzard 3 since you will never have to stop casting..

This is not getting into fun tricks like triple Flare(very strong AOE skill) or similar

Not quite.

Ruin 1: Low damage, cast time, low mp cost
    Ruin 2: Same damage as Ruin 1, insta-cast, higher MP cost, applies blindness (spamming this causes blind to DR faster)
    Ruin 3: Significantly more damage (~75% higher than other Ruins), cast time, high MP cost, but the MP cost is significantly reduced when cast during Dreadwyrm Trance (aka it's the filler spell when in trance)

Edit: Sorrior beat me to the punch with a bit better explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, time for something positive:
    Kitty finally did it!

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    PS: I think I see my problem. I'm here to analyze and critique. Most other people on the other hand are here to "gather sympathy and agreement". Those "other people" and I must never meet. LOL
    Funny, I always assumed you liked stirring up shit. I didn't know you were just analyzing and critiquing. Like the comment about women: so thinly veiled as critique about your detractors and your analytical mind that I can't even really put into words how it was supposed to be relevant (don't bother explaining, I don't care)... but much more likely to just stir up shit about women and men.

Kind of proud that everyone let it drop though. I needed that discussion in my FFXIV thread like I need a hole in the head.

On topic of FFXI: Do we have a 3.3 release date yet? I only recently started paying attention again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    On topic of FFXI: Do we have a 3.3 release date yet? I only recently started paying attention again.
    Not yet, we'll probably be getting it on the 22nd with the live letter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Anecdotal, but I've yet to ever encounter that. Furthermore, most sprouts here are very receptive to positive criticism. It's not always sunshine and rainbows, though.
    The sprout completely ignored me and kept on gimping (he was German and I talked German just to make sure).
    The other party members started going at me. That's the hilarious thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    I think 3.3 came out for FFXI a long time ago. :3
    -Intentionally annoying editor mod

^______^

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether you spam R1 or R2, both are better than spamming Bio 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but now if you run into a similar situation, you can tell them to spam ruin 1 like they should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but now if you run into a similar situation, you can tell them to spam ruin 1 like they should.
    Will do, my lady!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    The mage does have thunder where you generally start with thunder 2 theb use thunder 3 on proc(free cast and extra damage)
    Huh? I thought we use T1 because of the short cast time, so we get additional wiggle room in our Enochian timer.