Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

Frost Ring Arena coming in a few hours to the live servers
    the challenge is basically to build a deck and win Vs 20 different AI decks
    get gold and PVE prices for your victorys

I just received an email that my account has been permanently deleted. No warnings, bam, dead. Anyone have any idea why this is?

- - - Updated - - -

I found out, see:
    http://board.hex.gameforge.com/index.php?thread/49523-terms-of-service-reminder/

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I just received an email that my account has been permanently deleted. No warnings, bam, dead. Anyone have any idea why this is?

- - - Updated - - -

I found out, see:
    http://board.hex.gameforge.com/index...vice-reminder/
    So if you don't log in every 6 months then you lose everything? Sounds like a nice deal for the North Americans (according to the Kickstarter update) [Yes, that was sarcasm] I know a lot of people like to take breaks and come back months later and check things out and can see a lot of irritated people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So if you don't log in every 6 months then you lose everything? Sounds like a nice deal for the North Americans (according to the Kickstarter update) [Yes, that was sarcasm] I know a lot of people like to take breaks and come back months later and check things out and can see a lot of irritated people.
    No it seems the new publisher Gameforge needs to abide by German law, which makes transporting or maintaining data of users elsewhere a lot more difficult. More hoops to jump through so to speak. America is less strict.

This forced the publisher to have all users sign the new policies, with a deadline, after which the account should be deleted (weird law, but w/e).

So what happened is that, apparently, 6 months ago the first alert mails were sent out to users that this would happen, except that I personally never received one, and 14/15 days ago, another mail was sent through kickstarter that looks like this, excuse the childish sarcasm:

Which was followed up with the following "We deleted your account, please fuck off" piece of shit communication:
    Last edited by Vespian; 2016-05-19 at 11:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've received exactly 4 emails from them, the last one being well over a year ago. Shitty policy and I don't foresee myself renewing an account if they keep such a policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I've received exactly 4 emails from them, the last one being well over a year ago. Shitty policy and I don't foresee myself renewing an account if they keep such a policy.
    It should be a one-time deal. It's for the change of publisher only. Not hereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    It should be a one-time deal. It's for the change of publisher only. Not hereafter.
    From what I read on the forums it was that you have to sign on once every 6 months or your account is available for deletion due to the German laws. Due to the German law they can only hold your data for 6 months at a time unless you sign on to revalidate it.

Then the way the mod post read it sounds like only if you fall victim to it this first time they'll help you out and try to undelete it (no guarantees), but nothing about after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    From what I read on the forums it was that you have to sign on once every 6 months or your account is available for deletion due to the German laws. Due to the German law they can only hold your data for 6 months at a time unless you sign on to revalidate it.

Then the way the mod post read it sounds like only if you fall victim to it this first time they'll help you out and try to undelete it (no guarantees), but nothing about after that.
    I'll reread the statement later. Pity if it's true.