Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    That click-bait title with "thumbs down" icon. MMO-C needs a draconian moderation, this type of threads are nothing but toxic to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Discussing the success or failure of a feature of the game is worthy of getting banned? Its you and others like you who derail the thread and talk about the poster rather than the content of the post.

Do you consider LFR a success or failure in your eyes?
    It's served it's purpose therefore success.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    That click-bait title with "thumbs down" icon. MMO-C needs a draconian moderation, this type of threads are nothing but toxic to the community.
    He's made threads like this before that have been closed. Usual stuff from him.

A lot of people use it so its a success in that frame.

It has done a massive amount of damage to casuals players though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    He's made threads like this before that have been closed. Usual stuff from him.
    I know, that's why the moderation needs to be draconian, if people don't learn at the nth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I know, that's why the moderation needs to be draconian, if people don't learn at the nth time.
    I'm honestly surprised he isn't permanently banned yet.

He's been banned a few times before but never permanently. I imagine he'd continue posting on another account even if he was banned so really, no way to stop him from shitposting. But discussing his garbage threads isn't very productive either since it just keeps them at the top of the page and I'm sure that's exactly what he wants.

:shrug:

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say,middle of the road. A learning process and something to look at. I think it bends too far in the direction of easy mode.

Deleted
    As far as I know, perma bans aren't permitted with the current forum. Not that I believe that perma bans are needed, just more strict rules.

The best is to report clickbait threads, ignore and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is hilarious.

They had to add time gating so that people couldn't run out of LFR content in 1 day.

They had to force people to go back for the godly rings.

Even most ultra-casuals think the place is "beneath" them because they got 700+ baleful and PvP gear for free.

bahahhhaha
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Mods: Please close this thread. It seems people can only attack me personally instead of discuss the success or failure of LFR, similar to how people are discussing the success or failure of 20 man mythic raiding.

Thank you.
    Lol are you really trying to play the victim as well?

Short term Sucess. (all players get to see story content regardless of skill)
    Long term Failure. (raids become much more pointless, progression is too quick (game becomes boring quicker as result as each patch lasts shorter), effort of raiders invalidated due to LFR'ers seeing the same dialogs, cinematics etc with much less effort put in, feels like too much repetition of the same content but different numbers, lack of community, lack of social-interaction in an MMO, LFR mentality promotes unskilled play, allowing unskilled players to go forwards without ever learning to be better and florish in numbers, invalidated dungeons, led to justice/valor points system dissapearing which was a better more fun experience)

Failures kinda outweigh the wins on the long run with quite ease.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Filipse View Post
    Short term Sucess. (all players get to see content)
    Long term Failure. (raids become much more pointless, progression is too quick (game becomes boring quicker as result as each patch lasts shorter), effort of raiders invalidated due to LFR'ers seeing the same dialogs, cinematics etc with much less effort put in, feels like too much repetition of the same content but different numbers, lack of community, lack of social-interaction in an MMO, LFR mentality promotes unskilled play, allowing unskilled players to go forwards without ever learning to be better and florish in numbers, invalidated dungeons, led to justice/valor points system dissapearing which was a better more fun experience)

Failures kinda outweigh the wins on the long run with quite ease.
    I would agree with your assessment. It seems like Blizzard patched a short term problem, but it had long term devastating effects.

Success, because without it they wouldn't be able to justify the resources spent on raiding. And raiding has been one redeeming feature in WoD, at least Heroic+.

This whole saga that LFR takes something away from proper raiding is pure BS. People settling for LFR, feeling that "since it's in LFR it has no value anymore" and shit like that are probably not the kind of people you'd want in your organized team. People with a drive to raid for the joy of tackling the content with a set group of people at highest possible difficulty, won't settle for LFR...unless they're not going to raid proper at all for other reasons. If your achievements and the phat lewts you get are somehow lessened by others being able to obtain way inferior items and seeing watered down boss fights, the problem isn't with the system...and LFR's existance, doesn't force you to not be social. Want social gameplay? Then go get it. Excuses and placing blame won't change anything when the problem comes down to personal actions, or lack thereof, in the end.

It can be improved upon, and shouldn't be the only PVE progression path save for proper raiding, but overall it's been a success I'd say. I dabble myself with alts at times.

Next question: Failure of success, success or failure?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-19 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Success, because without it they wouldn't be able to justify the resources spent on raiding. And raiding has been one redeeming feature in WoD, at least Heroic+.

Failure because you failed to succeed. Although it depends on what you failed on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Imo there needs to be a queue-able raid system. Not everyone has the time or patience to deal with group finder groups.

Remove normal, make lfr a queue-able normal mode difficulty raid.
    And then watch as those who queue for it cry that it's too hard and nobody communicates, LFR is to raiding what tee ball is to Baseball, majorly easy and if you fail you still get a prize.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Failure.

LFR killed the incentive for many players to join raiding guilds. Such guilds in the past made the raiding community strong and vibrant on a per-server basis. But now, most people just join random social guilds, and get their raiding fix by solo-queuing for LFR. The raiding scene is merely a skeleton of what it once was.

LFR also killed the incentive for players to run dungeons. In fact, LFR simply killed dungeons, period. Because the gear that drops in LFR is so much better than anything you'd get from a dungeon, once you've gotten your ilvl high enough to queue for LFR, there's no need to do dungeons.

Dungeons used to be a quality/repeatable source of content for everyday players looking to gear alts, earn badges, etc. But, because there was no incentive to do them 3 weeks after an expansion launched, Blizzard stopped making them.

There are absolutely no positives to LFR. The raiding community was learning to solve the whole "getting to see content" problem by the end of Wrath, with GDKP runs and alt/pug clears of ICC. Anyone who wanted to kill The Lich King, regardless of how good or bad a player they were, got to do so.

In the end, LFR was ultimately unnecessary. The normal mode/heroic mode design was more than enough to satisfy both types of players.
    Last edited by OneSent; 2016-05-19 at 08:54 PM.

Deleted
    Based on the number of players playing it? A huge success. Yet not developed and enhanced anymore by the devs. As their focus is on organization.
    Based on gameplay? It offers the narrative as intrinsic reward and items you get anywhere else as extrinsic reward. At the end, LFR isnt very replayable based on unrewarding gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

This whole saga that LFR takes something away from proper raiding is pure BS. People settling for LFR, feeling that "since it's in LFR it has no value anymore" and shit like that are probably not the kind of people you'd want in your organized team. People with a drive to raid for the joy of tackling the content with a set group of people at highest possible difficulty, won't settle for LFR...unless they're not going to raid proper at all for other reasons. If your achievements and the phat lewts you get are somehow lessened by others being able to obtain way inferior items and seeing watered down boss fights, the problem isn't with the system...and LFR's existance, doesn't force you to not be social. Want social gameplay? Then go get it. Excuses and placing blame won't change anything when the problem comes down to personal actions, or lack thereof, in the end.

It can be improved upon, and shouldn't be the only PVE progression path save for proper raiding, but overall it's been a success I'd say. I dabble myself with alts at times.

Oh don't give me that bullshit line of justifying raids being made, they were making raids long before LFR even came out, that would be like saying they need to justify pet battles somehow because only a few people do that, or dailies, or anything else............raiders aren't a minority EVERY type of player is a minority (Ion even said it) and Blizzard damn well knows without raids the game would be damn near dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Based on the number of players playing it? A huge success. Yet not developed and enhanced anymore by the devs. As their focus is on organization.
    Based on gameplay? It offers the narrative as intrinsic reward and items you get anywhere else as extrinsic reward. At the end, LFR isnt very replayable based on unrewarding gameplay.
    A lot of people do lots of things they don't want to do, you do know how many organized raiders did LFR for legendary crap in MoP and WoD yeah? And now people have the valor carrot...........just because they DO IT doesn't mean they like it or it was a success.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    And then watch as those who queue for it cry that it's too hard and nobody communicates, LFR is to raiding what tee ball is to Baseball, majorly easy and if you fail you still get a prize.
    Simple solution... Reduce it to 10m only then. That not only increases accountability but also makes it easier to communicate. Smaller audience and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sir I may disagree with what Jaylock has to say but I would defend his right to say it