Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    People say they feel proud of their countries all the time, and I call bullshit. We might be pleased with what our countries did, but we don't actually feel proud about it in the sense of that tangible surge of emotion. So like I said before, it's totally plausible that voting a black POTUS into office makes someone feel tangible pride for their country for the first time ever. That's completely realistic, it just takes accepting the fact that people don't go around feeling actual pride for their country on a regular basis.
    Sporting events trigger this gut feeling for me. The most recent one I can think of was when Meb won the Boston Marathon. This is, of course, kind of silly since I don't know the man and have nothing to do with his accomplishments, but I certainly felt a swell of pride when he won and when he spoke about what it meant to him. The Olympics trigger this feeling as well.

The other times are other things of personal significance to me that also relate to national achievement. Scientific achievements in particular, as I feel part of both the American Tribe and the Science Tribe.

In any case, it was a stupid thing for a First Lady to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i dont think any other first lady has recieved the amount of hate and general disrespect as she has. because she is black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yup, it is definitely because she is black. Racism is alive and well in the United States, that is for sure.
    I think you're both underestimating how much people hated Nancy Reagan. I can't quite recall if Hillary was more loathed by her opposition while she was First Lady, but she was certainly pretty hated.

Of course, the winner by a mile in this contest is Rachel Jackson. I recommend some reading on the 1828 election for background. It's one thing for dipshits on Facebook to talk shit about Michelle Obama, but the disrespect to Jackson from actual politicians is pretty unrivaled.

7+ Year Old Account

Really? Because you are the first I've heard of who salutes the TV and recites the PoA outside of a school setting.
    It's a super secret organization that only exists in his mind. One of his other voices will be beating himself up shortly for even speaking about it.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Right, has zero to do with her preachy soft controllish stuck up nature and on the record lack of pride or identity with the US, yeah zero to do with that. Totally because she's black, you nailed it pal. We already know she hates being First Lady and can't wait to be out of Washington and frankly we can't wait for her to be out of it either.
    She has pride problem with America while Trump is calling America a failure in his campaign slogan. Meh...

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post

You missed one

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

In any case, it was a stupid thing for a First Lady to say.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you're both underestimating how much people hated Nancy Reagan. I can't quite recall if Hillary was more loathed by her opposition while she was First Lady, but she was certainly pretty hated.

Of course, the winner by a mile in this contest is Rachel Jackson. I recommend some reading on the 1828 election for background. It's one thing for dipshits on Facebook to talk shit about Michelle Obama, but the disrespect to Jackson from actual politicians is pretty unrivaled.
    Also Lincoln's wife. When the reporters complained to Lincoln once about her abusive behavior, he replied , " If I can put up with her for 20 years, surely you can put up with her for 20 mins.".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    for a 50+ year old I would not kick Michelle Obama out of bed.
    Damn straight. I can't think of any present who had a "hot wife" most of them just look like, I dunno, wives. Who gives a shit if the First Lady is fuckable or not? We should be more concerned if the President is fuckable or not.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Hey, intellect is subjectively more attractive than someones epidermis and their silhouette.
    I don't know, her silhouette is quite hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    She has pride problem with America while Trump is calling America a failure in his campaign slogan. Meh...
    That's definitely not what he's calling America in that slogan, though subjectively you can surely think so.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Damn straight. I can't think of any present who had a "hot wife" most of them just look like, I dunno, wives.
    Jackie O was pretty damned beautiful. Surprisingly, Taft's wife was quite pretty.

As you say, doesn't really matter though.

Off topic, the best looking female leader in the world is Jetsun Pema, queen of Bhutan:

The king looks jolly as fuck in every picture with her. I don't blame him.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Jackie O was pretty damned beautiful. Surprisingly, Taft's wife was quite pretty.

As you say, doesn't really matter though.

Off topic, the best looking female leader in the world is Jetsun Pema, queen of Bhutan:

The king looks jolly as fuck in every picture with her. I don't blame him.
    I agree. She is gorgeous.

Meh she is alright, face is a little squarish for lack of a better description.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    See you're trying, to box me in the group that cries racist over everything. I'm simply stating what is and what isn't. When racists talk about black women, they usually say what alot of people here are saying. I mean keep playing dumb though.
    you know people can check your post history right? you are constantly calling everything racism.
    Last edited by stabetha; 2016-05-20 at 03:28 AM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ. People actually do this?
    Cartoon characters named Orlong do.
    Putin khuliyo

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Christ. People actually do this?
    A rare sighting of Orlong right out of bed.

You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    A former model vs. a Princeton and Harvard educated lawyer...
    Affirmative action graduates. Real education is learned outside the classroom and in the real world.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    Affirmative action graduates. Real education is learned outside the classroom and in the real world.
    And in the real world Melania learned how to look pretty and mooch off of sleazeball businessmen.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I agree. She is gorgeous.
    holy !@#$. looks like a professional model... and not even Trump's kinda disposable eastern european waif model either, but the classy kind that keeps their clothes on in public.

but in regards to the OP, its kinda misogynistic, isn't it ? and that's coming from someone that's been seeing a lot of pretty brutal chinese misogyny lately...

but female politicians generally face this doubleedged sword in the US where they have to be "good mothers and wives" and get portrayed as "weak", but if they're strong female role models, then they're bashed as being too masculine... and that's *exactly* what that comic seems to be poking fun at... that somehow Trump's rent-a-bride is more of a feminine role model for putting up with his kinda abuse, but for Michelle Obama being able to stand on her own, thats disreputable for a First Lady... and prolly a thinly veiled attack at Hillary as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    And in the real world Melania learned how to look pretty and mooch off of sleazeball businessmen.
    that sleazeball businessmen is probably more successful than you or I. Must do something right.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Damn straight. I can't think of any present who had a "hot wife" most of them just look like, I dunno, wives.
    I think trophy wives are generally frowned upon in the mainstream political establishment. This isn't Italy :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    that sleazeball businessmen is probably more successful than you or I. Must do something right.
    I should've worked harder as an embryo to be squeezed out of a millionaire property tycoon's wife's vagina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think trophy wives are generally frowned upon in the mainstream political establishment. This isn't Italy :P

- - - Updated - - -

I should've worked harder as an embryo to be squeezed out of a millionaire property tycoon's wife's vagina.
    People with millions of dollars go broke too. Look at Nicolas Cage or MC Hammer.