Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Honestly I dont see him being worse than Chromie.

Anyways the problem Chromie is not her damage.... It is the fact that besides damage what else does she give you?....Nothing. Who ever thought "Think god that Chromie was here!". She has no hard cc. No real good utility, no good push. Why are you picking her? Lets not forget her Q does not do any damage expect to heroes. That means she is worse on objective maps where you actually have to kill things. Pretty much like a nova that does not have stealth, has even less health(?) and has skills harder to land.

You know what I would rather than a Chromie? Abathur. Think about it. He gives you some damage, he won't have utility besides his ult, but he gives you much more exp. You won't have to baby sit Abathur to make sure he does not die consistently.
    I did not mean to suggest he would be worse than Chromie. I meant to suggest that his unique "lack of role" would be an issue in uncoordinated groups. See Abathur for example, as you yourself mentioned. A thoroughly excellent hero who is often picked or banned in tournaments but see little to no play in QM or HL due to his dependency of having good teammates. A lot of the more unusual heroes fall into this spot due to a lot of people being unable to comprehend anything other than playing their own character, and their own character only. These heroes need people on the team to work with them, if not around them entirely. And due to the steep learning curve, not a lot of people play them and thus they do not understand them sufficiently to play with one on the team.

I foresee Medivh falling into that same spot. Not because he is bad, but because people don't understand him. At least Abathur has had the luxury of being in the game since the moment the technical alpha launched, so people have had varying stages of 2 years to learn how to react to his presence. Medivh's release is going to be a clusterduck. He did not get that Very Hard tag for no reason, and unlike the last Very Hard release (Lost Vikings just over a year ago), he does not immediately invoke the feeling that he's earned that difficulty just by looking at him on the shop screen. Both TLV and Abathur stand out in that regard.

As for the rest of your Chromie comments, I'll refer to what I said earlier. I see her strictly as a niche hero that should only be picked in certain situations and on certain maps. Not all heroes have to be universally viable. A lot of people seem to forget that, and her winrate suffers for it.

Is haunted mines back in the rotation btw? I would really like to stumble upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Is haunted mines back in the rotation btw? I would really like to stumble upon it.
    If Haunted Mines was back they would announce it, it is in a constant state of repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I'd rather play on Haunted Mines than another round of Garden of Terror
    Garden of Terror if fine. I just don't want to see Tomb ever again in my life. Fucking hate the map.

nothing to chromie but damage? Her vast potential lies in how her time traps and both ults work for coordinated teams. You can have all the time in the world to do objectives when the enemy team is dead.

Garden of Terror if fine. I just don't want to see Tomb ever again in my life. Fucking hate the map.
    Blasphemy! I love that map, second only to Cursed Hollow in my eyes. Blackheart's Bay can do one, though.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Blasphemy! I love that map, second only to Cursed Hollow in my eyes. Blackheart's Bay can do one, though.
    What do you like about it? It's completely monotonous, dark, unfriendly, lose, the lanes are a copy of each other, it's tiny, uninspired, games last a century, laning takes forever many times... from the very start, I hated it. I want blizzard to allow us to ban JUST one bg in queue, even if it was just in QM. I would never play Tomb ever again in my life.

What do you like about it? It's completely monotonous, dark, unfriendly, lose, the lanes are a copy of each other, it's tiny, uninspired, games last a century, laning takes forever many times... from the very start, I hated it. I want blizzard to allow us to ban JUST one bg in queue, even if it was just in QM. I would never play Tomb ever again in my life.
    It's constant fighting, the lanes are so close that you have to be rotating throughout to be playing optimally. Also, the objective is as strong as you make it rather than a fixed value and should timed around the state of your map control, which I dig.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It's constant fighting, the lanes are so close that you have to be rotating throughout to be playing optimally. Also, the objective is as strong as you make it rather than a fixed value and should timed around the state of your map control, which I dig.
    I see. It's just a matter of preference then. I'm all about standard values for objectives. Edit: Not only that, but the Webweavers are very underwhelming. I always considered them trash, and every time I play that map, I confirm that belief. Thing is, I think that I believe that about them exactly because I want standard value out of objectives.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm biased I guess, cause I like TotSQ , but I guess I wouldnt mind Garden of Terror rotating out or BHB (altho, I kinda like BHB, but ALOT of people don't get how it works).

The amount of times people shout SOAK , instead of turning in (which kinda removed the need to soak at that moment), is stunning.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I could do without Sky Temple for a few weeks too

Ok after I played almost 40 painful matches with Chromie, this hero needs a major overhaul. This hero only have been introduced to counter long range Heroes like Li Ming and Hammer other than that Chromie sucks badly and there are more variety of Heroes who can counter rest and do better job on clearing lanes or doing merc camps. Her HP is very low as it has been mentioned before and she can be 2 shotted. Her Dragon's Breath at 14 sec CD make it very punishing if it missed, I believe it needs to be at 7-8 sec CD like Li Ming's Arcane Orb. What piss me off is her trait, learning a talent one level before others isn't a big deal and it isn't take forever to soak xp to catch up with you so I think it is useless compared to rest of traits in game.
    Basically if Blizz deleted Chromie tomorrow from the game it won't be missed, she doesn't add much with her current stats and concept in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Ok after I played almost 40 painful matches with Chromie, this hero needs a major overhaul. This hero only have been introduced to counter long range Heroes like Li Ming and Hammer other than that Chromie sucks badly and there are more variety of Heroes who can counter rest and do better job on clearing lanes or doing merc camps. Her HP is very low as it has been mentioned before and she can be 2 shotted. Her Dragon's Breath at 14 sec CD make it very punishing if it missed, I believe it needs to be at 7-8 sec CD like Li Ming's Arcane Orb. What piss me off is her trait, learning a talent one level before others isn't a big deal and it isn't take forever to soak xp to catch up with you so I think it is useless compared to rest of traits in game.
    Basically if Blizz deleted Chromie tomorrow from the game it won't be missed, she doesn't add much with her current stats and concept in general.
    The problem with the trait is that her ulties are not damaging ulties. If she had access to say "Pyroblast", things would be different. A slowing field? A 70 cd displacer? meh...

On the title screen if you click on the hourglass it makes a noise and Chromie speaks to you, click on it enough times and the glass stops making a noise but gives you an in game digital clock at the top of your screen in character selection screen.

The problem with the trait is that her ulties are not damaging ulties. If she had access to say "Pyroblast", things would be different. A slowing field? A 70 cd displacer? meh...
    The slowing field is crazy strong when used properly. You cast it at choke points during objectives and basically deny the enemy team a strong escape OR deny a chase (place it on YOUR teams side.....lets you guys force them to run through it if they chase you off).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    On the title screen if you click on the hourglass it makes a noise and Chromie speaks to you, click on it enough times and the glass stops making a noise but gives you an in game digital clock at the top of your screen in character selection screen.
    Keep looking at where the time piece will appear while you're clicking next time, it slowly starts to form the more you click it

Blizz are shooting darts while blind folded when it comes to game balance. Of course she need HP buff but this isn't going to make her winrate sky rocket. It's all over forums and Reddit what is the issue with Chromie but they need like couple of patches to figure it out from us ?!

I will go as far as calling Chromie OP at the moment. Her damage is really off the charts and is borderline insane, and it really is NOT hard to be and play safe as her. She has instant kill combos, zone control and prevention and that really makes up for her lack of escapes when she has a team that actually works with her (and that's always the scenario we should be evaluating heroes).

I honestly do not want to see buffs on her. I also find the absence of the W indicator for enemies completely absurd and out of place for a moba.

Once you get the opposing team pinned into the end of their end of the map she absolutely becomes a mad bomber, huge aoe slow and very very long ranged hits.
    her second ult isn't very impressive, it would be if it shot them back to their core base :P
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-05-23 at 04:57 PM.

if the quickmatch team generator would fuck off giving me zeratul or nova or tracer or lunara or some combination of the above as opponents in literally every single game, then leveling her would be a hell of a lot more fun, as it stands i've tanked around 300 mmr to get her to level 7 rofl

Dear stupid people on my team:

Please please please stop playing Chromie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.