Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. What thread. And I don't believe that you can't have kids. Are you gay? You need to explain further. No one is derailing anything.
    This is a flying thread so yes you are.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post40441685 Use this thread for the topic you created instead of derailing another.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This is a flying thread so yes you are.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...5#post40441685 Use this thread for the topic you created instead of derailing another.
    But that's not this thread. We're talking about this thread. You can have kids but you say you can't. Are you gay?

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    From other thread, but I want to replicate it here:

Also, for whom the hell Blizzard develop their game in Legion? Raids - now for organized groups only, as LFR is "tourist" mode to go there only once to see the story. 5ppls - same. Only challenge and epochal modes will be relevant, that are group content too, cuz heroics will be same scenario-like joke, as they are now, and I won't do them. I don't do Pokemon or Farmwille, not because this mini-games are bad, but because they aren't worth $50 box price and $15 sub fee - I can play same games for free and paying to having "orcs and humans style" - is nonsense.

Since Cata outdoor content was last "island" of content, that suited my. Ok. In WOD Blizzard tried to take it away from casuals and give it to "hardcore outdoorers" only, who like hardcore Vanilla-style things, like stupid mob grind and gank (that is called "WPVP" in Wow). Blizzard tried to give Garrisons as alternative to casual players, so they won't need to go outdoor, if they don't enjoy it. Ok. Nice. But in Legion Blizzard will take Garrisons away too, so Garrisons are considered a fail, as I understand. Without giving any alternative, as Class Halls will require you to do same crappy no flying ground content. Back in MOP I completed IOT and TI on ZERO characters - I've spent ZERO seconds on IOT and not more, than HOUR on TI per character. In WOD I've done Tanaan on almost 6 character already. Why? Because of freakin flying! Why Blizzard can't understand it? And what will happen in Legion? ZERO content for me AGAIN. Again I'll have to skip entire xpack. Sad thing.
    Legion is taking WoD ideas but with a fresh paint job. They even recently renamed apexis quests into world quests.

Flying not being in the game is going to be used as a scapegoat to prolong players and keep players subbed longer via token.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Legion is taking WoD ideas but with a fresh paint job. They even recently renamed apexis quests into world quests.

Flying not being in the game is going to be used as a scapegoat to prolong players and keep players subbed longer via token.
    To be honest, While I think that slowing down content consumption *is* one of the reasons, it isn´t the main one anymore.

After WoD no rational dev team would skip sitting down and having a honest discussion about what went wrong, and take the measures needed to fix that mess.

Instead, they are doubling down on the stupid: the "lessons" they "learned" wtih WoD was not about how to make a quality product, but how to string their players along better.

10+ Year Old Account
    people still comment in this thread? i will never understand the need to beat dead horses
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The entire leveling experience except Cata and nearly every instance is traveling through what you call "mazelike" zones.
    Whoa whoa whoa there ... mazelike zones are a relatively new "feature". If you look back at most of the pre-WoD zones, they are very open. The maze-ness of Tanaan just makes being stuck on the ground even worse.

The AHs weren't necessary at all. People used them because it was the easiest way to get gear but it was much more enjoyable playing through with self-found gear.
    You clearly didn't play into torment levels during vanilla D3, then. Because that was very much NOT the case.

I'm done replying to you. All you're doing is arguing for the sake of arguing. All you do is ignore reality and facts, and make things up to suit whatever argument you're trying to push.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-05-21 at 05:50 PM.

thing is as somone who has been exploring the broken isle alot when im at my freinds

flying would ruin the broken isles... overall surface area its tiny... flying from one side to the other is like 2-3 mins...

but when your on the ground moving around it feels surprising large, alive, and full of things to do, buty flying around it just seems pathetic and small...

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    thing is as somone who has been exploring the broken isle alot when im at my freinds

flying would ruin the broken isles... overall surface area its tiny... flying from one side to the other is like 2-3 mins...

but when your on the ground moving around it feels surprising large, alive, and full of things to do, buty flying around it just seems pathetic and small...
    Broken Isles is tiny even on a ground mount. With so many mountains and ridges it is maze like and gives you the illusion of "large". It is designed to waste your time traveling to a quest than doing the quest itself.

If that isn't bad design I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa there ... mazelike zones are a relatively new "feature". If you look back at most of the pre-WoD zones, they are very open. The maze-ness of Tanaan just makes being stuck on the ground even worse.
    My goodness no. There are lots of zones that require you to go a certain way to access specific areas. Ashenvale, STV, Blades Edge, Grizzly Hills, Sholazaar etc. I dunno where people got the idea that pre-WoD all the zones were open and let you run straight lines everywhere.

Deleted
    The AHs weren't necessary at all. People used them because it was the easiest way to get gear but it was much more enjoyable playing through with self-found gear.

I think you're confused, flight is the easy-path like the AHs. Maybe for some people it really is more satisfying, but for the bulk of players it will be a path of least resistance that ultimately gives a lesser experience. Also, as you continuously bring up sub-numbers, how many players should WoD have retained as you seem to think it should have bucked the trend of sub losses over the past 8 years?

The entire leveling experience except Cata and nearly every instance is traveling through what you call "mazelike" zones.

"Content" is anything you do from starting the quest to completion. It doesn't matter if the mobs in your way don't tick a box on your things-to-do checklist, or the trash mobs don't drop loot that you want, or the area only has a couple of square metres with resources you desire. The "content" is the whole package, flying over it to reach the reward is skipping or trivialising that content.

WoW incorporates a lot of ARPG elements but at heart it is still an open world game.
    Easy path? Do you really think the wow world is dangerous or something?

Flight is a time safer. And the only reason to block it is that Blizzard what to stretch their content to the max., same way as restricting talent switching and the silly transmog rules not allowing you to collecting all appearances despite your class.

Soooo, you are saying that the Broken Islands design is SO BAD that it needs to prevent players from seeing it from above?

Should´nt they have made the effort to make the world "large, alive, and full of things to do", in every way?

You have just admitted that they are using a gimmick to manipulate your perception. Are you are OK with this?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You clearly didn't play into torment levels during vanilla D3, then...
    True because there weren't any Torment levels in vanilla D3.

True because there weren't any Torment levels in vanilla D3.
    Inferno, torment, it's the same shit. If you spent more time reading to understand instead of taking every opportunity to try and nitpick and twist intent, we probably wouldn't' even have an argument. You don't actually HAVE any real arguing points anymore, because they've all been refuted, so this is what you resort to. Welcome to ignore.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-05-21 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    Soooo, you are saying that the Broken Islands design is SO BAD that it needs to prevent players from seeing it from above?

Should´nt they have made the effort to make the world "large, alive, and full of things to do", in every way?

You have just admitted that they are using a gimmick to manipulate your perception. Are you are OK with this?
    no its more of because alot of it is stacked ontop of itself, having multiple layers, big caves, and most of the adventure is traveling around and everything is rather compact

Deleted
    oh well, we'll get it when we'll get it.

no its more of because alot of it is stacked ontop of itself, having multiple layers, big caves, and most of the adventure is traveling around and everything is rather compact
    But do you think its OK for the devs limit themselves to making only a compact map, instead of a big one?

But do you think its OK for the devs limit themselves to making only a compact map, instead of a big one?
    well a big map means longer travel times on ground really, and everything is more spread out, making it feel less alive

well a big map means longer travel times on ground really, and everything is more spread out, making it feel less alive
    Fair enough.

But in that case, wouldn´t be better for the devs to fill said space? With points of interest, mobs, quests and the like?

Fair enough.

But in that case, wouldn´t be better for the devs to fill said space? With points of interest, mobs, quests and the like?
    takes more time, also the land aritsts seem to be busy, as the map is rather small. i presume they are busy with raids and mabye something hidden we dont know about?