Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    i wonder if all these series got enough "name recognistion" to keep running for a longer period.
    considering none of the characters netflix is doing had name recognition in the first place i dont see it as a problem.

people initially watched just because it was marvel, they kept watching because of how high the quality of the show was.

if every shows as good as dd and jessica jones? they can go on forever until quality dips.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if every shows as good as dd and jessica jones? they can go on forever until quality dips.
    Indeed. The main reason MarvelFlix is so popular is because the shows are TOP quality.

That's my main worry when they announce things like the full defenders line up PLUS Punisher, Moon Knight, Blade and Ghost Rider... Are they biting off more than they can chew? I don't want the quality to go down just so they can bring us more characters.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If it's Netflix then a cancellation isn't going to happen.
    None of those shows are Netflix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Why would you want them canceled?
    Because Agents of Shield is terrible, Agent Carter was terrible, and going by that track record, any future TV stuff will be terrible.

And because this is a shared universe, anything that gets used (wasted) on the TV side of things, won't be getting used in the movies.

So yes, please Marvel, cancel all upcoming TV stuff, end that branch and just hand over all your half decent characters to Netflix and lets somehow get Coulson back in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Because Agents of Shield is terrible, Agent Carter was terrible, and going by that track record, any future TV stuff will be terrible.

And because this is a shared universe, anything that gets used (wasted) on the TV side of things, won't be getting used in the movies.

So yes, please Marvel, cancel all upcoming TV stuff, end that branch and just hand over all your half decent characters to Netflix and lets somehow get Coulson back in the movies.
    Agents of shield is Awesome. Agent Carter was Meh. Daredevil and Jessica Jones both awesome as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Agents of shield is Awesome. Agent Carter was Meh. Daredevil and Jessica Jones both awesome as well.
    Daredevil and JJ are Netflix.

Netflix =/= TV.

And Agents of Shield is terrible, hands down. Usual episodic TV shlock. The only reason it gets the number of viewers that it does is because of the Marvel connection. If you take that way it wouldn't have made it past its first season.

I prefer AoS. COME AT ME!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

- - - Updated - - -

Agents of Shield is absolutely awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Indeed. The main reason MarvelFlix is so popular is because the shows are TOP quality.

That's my main worry when they announce things like the full defenders line up PLUS Punisher, Moon Knight, Blade and Ghost Rider... Are they biting off more than they can chew? I don't want the quality to go down just so they can bring us more characters.
    i could see some characters getting swapped out every once in awhile and kind of traveling between shows/just on defenders. kind of how theres no iron man 4 but still plenty of iron man content.

but the netflix stuff isnt ad revenue based, theres no one pushing these things out the door because netflix NEEDS shows to fill its lineup or to make investors happy.

so they can take their time and find the talent needed to fill the series as they come.

maybe in phase 2 instead of say a power man and an iron fist series we just get power man and iron fist.

or maybe daredevil takes a series break but you still see him on the defenders or sometimes i he pops up in someone elses show to help them out ect ect.

theres lots of ways they can handle it, or not handle it and it still work out.

- - - Updated - - -

Daredevil and JJ are Netflix.

Netflix =/= TV.

And Agents of Shield is terrible, hands down. Usual episodic TV shlock. The only reason it gets the number of viewers that it does is because of the Marvel connection. If you take that way it wouldn't have made it past its first season.
    i havent watched the current season of agents of shield but i wouldnt say its that bad. its probably near the bottom of my hero shows (the arrowverse is in my opinion the most well done comic book universe on tv even if they indulge in the soap opera-y bits a lil much)

cloak and dagger will probably be targeting young female teens and since its on freeform it will probably be like arrow but worse and lower budget. but im willing to give it a try.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

i havent watched the current season of agents of shield but i wouldnt say its that bad. its probably near the bottom of my hero shows (the arrowverse is in my opinion the most well done comic book universe on tv even if they indulge in the soap opera-y bits a lil much)
    I haven't watched the current season of AoS BECAUSE it was that bad. :-p
    Still, I disagree with his point simply because AoS doesn't get important characters, so no risk of "losing" them to the TV series. (If they'd even let that stop the movie side.)

cloak and dagger will probably be targeting young female teens and since its on freeform it will probably be like arrow but worse and lower budget. but im willing to give it a try.
    At least we shouldn't get any complaints of miscasting!
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    i could see some characters getting swapped out every once in awhile and kind of traveling between shows/just on defenders. kind of how theres no iron man 4 but still plenty of iron man content.
    Really hope they do something like that. Maybe something like two seasons of The Defenders, then retire them for a while and do GR, MK, Blade and Punisher for a couple of seasons, then someone new after that.

We'd still keep track of the other characters through the various plots, especially as everything seems to be based in Hell's Kitchen and the surrounding areas, but we wouldn't necessarily get a full season of them all every year.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

dialog and art sure has improved by a long fucking shot in comics.
    Dialogue has become more realistic and less comic book-ey, art is more of a change in style. Personally I think modern comics go a bit overboard in the lighting department sometimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Agents of Shield is absolutely awesome!
    Each to their own, personally I couldn't make it through the first episode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Is it just me or is Quicksilver the best thing about X-Men: Apocalypse?
    (maybe its just my love for speedsters )
    Not just you. If the whole movie had been on the level of the Quicksilver scenes it would've been a fantastic film. Unfortunately the rest was pretty tepid.

Please just make another deal with Marvel, Sony

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Really hope they do something like that. Maybe something like two seasons of The Defenders, then retire them for a while and do GR, MK, Blade and Punisher for a couple of seasons, then someone new after that.

We'd still keep track of the other characters through the various plots, especially as everything seems to be based in Hell's Kitchen and the surrounding areas, but we wouldn't necessarily get a full season of them all every year.
    I agree, JJ was a good show but even one season started to feel stretched towards the end. DD could go at least one more. But it'd be smarter to let them rest and mix up the lineups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Did anyone mention John Boyega and Michael B Jordan being in Black Panther, shaping up to be movie full of good actors.
    Every single black actor in Hollywood :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So you haven't actually watched the show. Great! Now we can ignore your opinion entirely.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    So you haven't actually watched the show. Great! Now we can ignore your opinion entirely.
    Yeah....I don't understand how people do this. I too felt the first episode felt off and my wife refused to watch it afterwards, even after me pleading that after 1 or 2 it starts to click. But she doesn't sit here and bash it all the time, because she hasn't seen it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Yeah....I don't understand how people do this. I too felt the first episode felt off and my wife refused to watch it afterwards, even after me pleading that after 1 or 2 it starts to click. But she doesn't sit here and bash it all the time, because she hasn't seen it.
    I kept watching through the first two episodes, and I agree with him. Sure some elements of the show improved and of course they rebooted it a couple times, but they kept enough of the stupid elements that the show never really improved. It gets good reviews, but ratings wise it's just not good. People like myself wanted to like it, I gave it plenty of shots after the folks here raving about season2, but it's just bleh.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. started really really bad, most of the first season up until the winter soldier twist was just god awful. Season two was pretty clunky as well, they didn't handle the introduction of inhumans well and it was overall pretty awkward, but it was still better than season 1. Season three was awesome. The dialogue got better, the acting got better, the effects got much better. I was hooked on to every single episode, they definitely nailed it. Most people who complain that it sucks either A) didn't make it past the first few episodes or gave it a chance to get good, or B) didn't watch hardly any of it and are just going by what people from group A tell them.

Arrow started really strong but has been getting worse with each season (the effects seem to be getting worse, the whole Vixen episode made me cringe). Flash didn't start too well but is really starting to take off for me personally (even if some of the metahumans feel awkward), and I can't stay hooked on Legends of Tomorrow. I'd say recent AoS is better than all three of these combined. I wouldn't say AoS is better than the netflix series' but as of late it's definitely better than the Arrowverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Not just you. If the whole movie had been on the level of the Quicksilver scenes it would've been a fantastic film. Unfortunately the rest was pretty tepid.

Please just make another deal with Marvel, Sony
    That's Fox. X-men still makes money so I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

I watched the first few episodes of AoS and stopped watching it. My boyfriend convinced me to start watching it again. It gets much better with the episode leading to Winter Soldier. Season 2 is pretty good. I haven't watched season 3. It's nothing amazing, but hardly terrible. But if the movies aren't going to acknowledge it then there's not much of a point to it. I agree I only watched it because of the Marvel name and I like Fitz and Hunter. The rest of them get pretty annoying, aside from Coulson.
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I enjoyed Peggy Carter a good deal more than Agents of Shield, which might not say much since I think AoS is kinda forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSweetness View Post
    That's Fox. X-men still makes money so I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

I watched the first few episodes of AoS and stopped watching it. My boyfriend convinced me to start watching it again. It gets much better with the episode leading to Winter Soldier. Season 2 is pretty good. I haven't watched season 3. It's nothing amazing, but hardly terrible. But if the movies aren't going to acknowledge it then there's not much of a point to it. I agree I only watched it because of the Marvel name and I like Fitz and Hunter. The rest of them get pretty annoying, aside from Coulson.
    Oops, yeah Fox.

I doubt I'll get into AoS, too many other shows/movies to watch, I don't like not giving shows a proper chance but the problem was I found the characters so dull that even if the plot got better I'd still not care much about the show.

I think I enjoy AoS more than DD or JJ since it ties in better with the MCU.

Also, gotta love Coulson.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    That's a fair criticism. I normally try to give a show more of a chance than that and I might try again later on.