Holy.. Shit. That episode was damn good. I haven't been that glued for the entire episode in a while. Also, Tormund eye fucking the shit out of Brienne was honestly one of the few times I have laughed out loud at this show.

Also...hold the door

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Also, I'm not digging predestination. Bloodraven has a choice to show Bran the making of the first WW, Bran has a choice to go back to that scene in the present, Bloodraven has a further choice to bring Bran back to Winterfell and Hodor's fall (though I guess at that point I suppose he knows it's necessary to make sure Hodor holds the door). If the logic is Bloodraven has to show Bran that first vision with the WW creation because Bran has already and always fucked things up - I'm not okay with that. Especially since Bloodraven, even in this show iteration, has been sitting under the tree for a hundred years, IE, longer than the creation of Hodor. And if Bran in a future episode changes the past, the whole concept falls off the rails.
    This is why I don't like the "ink is already dry" suggestion the Bloodraven says. If time and events are not malleable... why even bother? Obviously he's showing him things from the past and future to influence things. If they can't change stuff then their whole story arc is pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    They rush this serie way to mutch this season i am actually starting to dislike it now.

They kill two direwolfs in a 10 second screentime.
    They make littlefinger and the whitewalkers now travel with the speed of light.
    In this rate i will not be suprised that danny will be back at mareen next episode and that the ironborn have build there 1000 ships and that Rickon gets killed offscreen.
    The dead chased them to the tree, they knew they were there so White Walkers were around waiting for Bran to screw up..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Damn, Euron was alot more ruthless than I was expecting.
    Wish we could have seen the Valyrian artifact blown..

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    This is why I don't like the "ink is already dry" suggestion the Bloodraven says. If time and events are not malleable... why even bother? Obviously he's showing him things from the past and future to influence things. If they can't change stuff then their whole story arc is pointless.
    Well maybe time is just one big loop in this show. We already know that the white walkers have attacked, almost ended all life, and Azor Ahai, the last hero, has come along and kicked their ass. Now we're ramping up for it to happen again - whose to say this isn't the natural cycle of this world and the green seers aren't just the maintainers of this cycle, pushing the right things into motion for them to happen?

Its also (huge speculation) interesting to think that Bran the Builder (the guy who shows up and builds the wall and Winterfel) could actually be Bran the Green Seer. It would be predictable and boring ,but thats what happens when time travel is introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

The Sansa-Littlefinger scene went perfectly until the end when she didn't kill him, and until later in the episode when Sansa *did* lie to......protect Littlefinger? Or is she trying to play the game? What use does she have in throwing doubt on her intelligence (IE, that its source is LF) when all they're doing is sending Brienne to RR to check it out? It's not like she's putting Jon in danger. I don't get it. Is it because LF actually got in her head with the whole throwing doubt on whether Jon will be good to her? Cause then she'd be really dumb, after displaying some smarts immediately prior. Also - she had no reason not to kill him, and she let him go - despite knowing he was either her enemy or dangerously stupid. Meh.
    Keep in mind that LF while selling her off to Ramsey was her one protector ever since the shit started going down in KL(except for the Hound) and she likely did see him as sort of an uncle due to his relationship to her mother. So killing him right there without truly good reason and being a semi honorable person herself just isn't something she is likely to do. He had also mentioned bringing an army up to help Jon fight Ramsey so she may think that she needs his help still.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was so upset that Summer died. Like the dire wolves loyalty is amazing and how they die has always made me so sad. Hodor I felt horrible for, at least we know why he keeps saying Hodor. Amazing episode and sad one at the same time.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-29230...f-Clo-EGKT.gif

Three things.

1: Sansa chewing the living shit out of Littlefinger was epic as shit. I wish she'd ordered brienne to at least slap him a little bit (and by slap I mean punch his teeth out with her mighty armored massive fists). I particularly liked her line "If you didn't know, you're an idiot. If you did know, you're my enemy".

2: Tormund ogling at Brienne, then grinning like a total idiot when she looks at him has to be the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. That man is in MAD love right about now. (Can't say I blame him. Brienne is gorgeous)

3: Dammit that ending made me cry like a wuss. I've been more or less cauterized ever since the red wedding. That event so many years ago, completely desensitized me to pretty much all the violence and all the death that followed in the show. I didn't even cry when Jon got stabbed (Though I did howled in rage). But Hodor's sacrifice? right in the feels. Right in the fucking feels. This is what I get for letting my guard down =(

He held the door!!!!!!!!!!

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Summer died for no reason he didn't even slow them down so freaking pissed.

So I have a question..

How did Meera kill the WW with the spear, when tree chick didnt with the same spear?

Edit: Nevermind. Im guessing the first spear didnt penetrate his armor. The second spear hit him in the neck.

Im leaving this incase someone else missed that part.
    Last edited by babalou1; 2016-05-23 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    So I have a question..

How did Meera kill the WW with the spear, when tree chick didnt with the same spear?

The spear must have been tipped with Dragonglass. The first one hit the white walker's armor, so it didn't pierce him. The second spear hit him in the neck.

Deleted
    Ok now that I have seen how WW came to be...still, my theory on them could be still true? Cotf needed to have gone to a dark place (God of Winter) to get such powers in the first place, didn't stab that human with a random blade n he would have been of the first men. Also to bring winter, the Night's King would need followers n becoming a high priest. The Cotf helping to build the wall n adding spells to it, shows they regretted what they started...darn pointy-eared elves!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzinoth View Post
    The spear must have been tipped with Dragonglass. The first one hit the white walker's armor, so it didn't pierce him. The second spear hit him in the neck.
    yeah, I edited it. I knew it was dragonglass. I just didnt catch the armor bit until I rewatched it again

Ha! I was in the process of editing it at the same time you were answering it.

Sansa would be wise to not trust littlefinger anymore after being passed off to Ramsey, but also she would be silly to not use his army of the vale also

10+ Year Old Account
    Faceless men are savage as fuck.
    (paraphrasing) "Succeed or not, your face will join the hall."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Watching Summer go down like that was way worse than Hodor for me. They couldn't even let him mess some stuff up before being overwhelmed. Like literally jumped in and immediately killed. Only two Direwolves left of the six T.T

Deleted
    Holy crap, the Night's king is Wayne Gretzky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arngrim310 View Post
    Watching Summer go down like that was way worse than Hodor for me. They couldn't even let him mess some stuff up before being overwhelmed. Like literally jumped in and immediately killed. Only two Direwolves left of the six T.T
    Good riddance.
    Seems like every time a dire wolf dies, the story moves away from political intrigue and into a grand culmination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I still don't understand the Hodor bit. I get that we're supposed to believe that Brann's timewalking was what changed him from Willis to "Hodor", but that doesn't explain why he was "Hodor" before Brann timewalked.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Littlefingers got his jetpack back, apparently he can make it to Castle Black an episode after appearing in the Vale.
    Jetpacks.. I do not understand why people assume that 1 episode = 1 week of time passed. Do you think nothing happens in the world unless there is a PoV character describing it. Did you notice that Sansa sewed those two things....oh.. ´Sansa has jetneedles´.. It could very well be that from the time of last episode until this episode, many weeks have passed. Or maybe D&D are dumb and missed a golden opportunity to show 15 hours worth of episodes of Sansa sewing.

Bran dun fucked things up for everyone. What if that mark let's the WW's get past the wall?