Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Actually, they can end the story at WC2 and it'd be pretty conclusive; back then there was no "the legion is coming back" shenanigans; it was "the legion corrupted the orcs and forgot about them once they had outlived their usefulness, and the orcs are defeated now".
    I know, that's my other possible scenario, where they focus on the Second War and Beyond the Dark Portal more. Having Orgrim, the tragic antihero, as the Horde protagonist.

All of that was my "solution" to the posibility of them wanting to focus on Thrall and showing the foundation of Orgrimmar. My point is that they don't need the Third War or Arthas for it to happen, particularly if they have no intention of actually getting to those at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Really? If there's one thing obvious from this movie is the fact that there's no central character to begin with. They're simply doing an adaptation of the Warcraft's story, not focusing on any character in particular.
    I'm pretty sure Warcraft is heavily focused on Lothar, Garona and Durotan, as the three main points of view of the First War.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Actually, they can end the story at WC2 and it'd be pretty conclusive; back then there was no "the legion is coming back" shenanigans; it was "the legion corrupted the orcs and forgot about them once they had outlived their usefulness, and the orcs are defeated now".
    Yes they can! But they won't because DJ wants to give Orcs a home. Adaptation is a word. They have already established "alliance". Orc army is not massive. They can write off attack on Quel'thalas and Dragonmaw and no one will know the difference. Finish war in first 40 mins, while Thrall is growing up. Spend next 40 mins on him reaching adulthood up. Next 70 mins on Thrall escaping to him becoming war-chief. 2 hr 30 mins.

Deleted
    I stand by the thought that the best way to make a Warcraft into a standing franchise is to have WC1, 2 and BtDP be its own trilogy, give it a small pause, and then start Phase 2, which is basically Warcraft 3, where all the characters we saw as kids are now adultish people. Thrall should be a foreshadowing, not a direct plotline leading into the second movie.

Deleted
    Pretty sure this close-up shot of Karazhan hasn't been shown before

https://twitter.com/Universal_Spain/...38186388180995

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post

The Gryphon CGI still needs polish, though at this late phase it's probably not going to get any.

I like Khadgar's cloak physics!

Really? If there's one thing obvious from this movie is the fact that there's no central character to begin with. They're simply doing an adaptation of the Warcraft's story, not focusing on any character in particular.

How do you know that? Why did DJ not end the movie with SW burning? Clearly DJ is not thinking on the line of WC1,2 and 3. He could have added 5 extra minutes to show humans routed and SW burning. He said that movie is showing start of first war. How is that even possible with BH/king dead and human army getting thoroughly routed? Instead of finishing it, he saves them and ends movie with Thrall being found by Blackmoor(?). Significance is not lost on me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post

Yes it has, but it's still a nice shot! Two days till we get to see it on the big screen!

I know you want Arthas ASAP, but I don't at the expense of a shitty trilogy.
    Erm Duncan pretty much implied he wasn't gonna make an Arthas centric film(he only wants to make three). I just don't see how Thrall making their final home Orgrimmar as a bad thing at the end of the trilogy?

Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    Erm Duncan pretty much implied he wasn't gonna make an Arthas centric film(he only wants to make three). I just don't see how Thrall making their final home Orgrimmar as a bad thing at the end of the trilogy?
    It still covers lot of Warcraft story, just not the story most fans care for. Then again, no one expected humans and Orcs to shake hands and fight common enemy so soon

Deleted
    Again, Orgrimmar was never, ever named. People are just making assumptions and pass them off as facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I didn't say they should skip his escape. It would just happen during the Second War. It's not like a two decade long war wouldn't have plenty of orc prisoners.
    It's just a stretch, honestly. Nothing more. Those wouldn't be internment camps, just camps of imprisonment for captured soldiers. Thrall wouldn't probably even want to free them on that point in time. From Thrall's perspective, the internment camps felt like an injustice because it kept imprisoned the orcs despite a whole generational gap passing from the end of the war.

It would just be a very different story and wouldn't fit Thrall's character much. I don't feel we have a need of any of this.

The movies have to end somewhere, and we know the story didn't. Even if they managed to make W1, 2, BtDP, 3 and TFZ into movies, there would still be cliffhangers that weren't solved until WoW. "The Legion is coming" isn't that big of a cliffhanger when they're essentially a huge, faceless threat that's in the background for the whole trilogy. They'll never be dealt with, and they'll always be coming back.
    Beyond the Dark Portal remains the best conclusion, by far. The very characters introduced in the previous movies achieve a proper closure, the rift/portal to Draenor is apparently sealed forever, Azeroth is safe, the orc threat ended once and for all, with the Frostwolf orcs finding a new home in the far north. The only cliffhannger would be Thrall, which is still very minor compared to hinting the arrival of a massive demonic invasion meant to threaten the world like never before, just when you went through three movies to deal with the orcish threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'm pretty sure Warcraft is heavily focused on Lothar, Garona and Durotan, as the three main points of view of the First War.
    That's exactly what it means lacking a central figure in the story, because the story is told by two perspectives (Lothar/Durotan) and one "neutral" (Garona). Given how much this movie focused on the whole "both sides" idea, it's pretty obvious the next movies will follow this concept as well, rather than focusing on a single big character and screw it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Yes they can! But they won't because DJ wants to give Orcs a home.
    The Frostwolves can have their home. On the end of the day, they're the ones who truly deserves it at the end of the "Orcs vs Humans" story, since they're those who never screwed shit up, in the movie universe they even try to prevent the whole war to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    How do you know that? Why did DJ not end the movie with SW burning?
    It matters? They explicity stated that this movie didn't solve the whole of the First War story, which is why we get no burning Stormwind and no Warchief Orgrim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Again, Orgrimmar was never, ever named. People are just making assumptions and pass them off as facts.
    And I don't get why the Frostwolves finding a new home in Alterac Valley don't count, when Duncan pretty much referred to them.

Oh well, now I have to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

It's just a stretch, honestly. Nothing more. Those wouldn't be internment camps, just camps of imprisonment for captured soldiers. Thrall wouldn't probably even want to free them on that point in time. From Thrall's perspective, the internment camps felt like an injustice because it kept imprisoned the orcs despite a whole generational gap passing from the end of the war.

It would just be a very different story and wouldn't fit Thrall's character much. I don't feel we have a need of any of this.
    Well, it's not like the humans are going to be nice to them, Thrall freeing tortured POWs does fit his character.

Beyond the Dark Portal remains the best conclusion, by far. The very characters introduced in the previous movies achieve a proper closure, the rift/portal to Draenor is apparently sealed forever, Azeroth is safe, the orc threat ended once and for all, with the Frostwolf orcs finding a new home in the far north. The only cliffhannger would be Thrall, which is still very minor compared to hinting the arrival of a massive demonic invasion meant to threaten the world like never before, just when you went through three movies to deal with the orcish threat.
    I agree. Again, all of this is my "what's the fastest way to make Orgrimmar happen without skipping the Second War or screwing up Warcraft 3" idea. I still prefer having a Second War movie and a Beyond the Dark Portal movie where Thrall is seen growing up in the post-credit scenes.

That's exactly what it means lacking a central figure in the story, because the story is told by two perspectives (Lothar/Durotan) and one "neutral" (Garona). Given how much this movie focused on the whole "both sides" idea, it's pretty obvious the next movies will follow this concept as well, rather than focusing on a single big character and screw it completely.
    He wouldn't have any more screentime in each of the sequels than Durotan does in the first movie. Unlike jdbond's (possibly facetious) story, I'm just proposing Thrall as the main point of view for the Horde. In the meantime, Lothar, Turalyon, Khadgar and Terenas would be doing their own thing.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-05-23 at 05:00 PM.

Kino.dk interview with the casts

Toby says Durotan is a handsome lad XD

Quote Originally Posted by Draculla View Post
    https://twitter.com/RobertKazinsky/s...55993775702016 - Movie budget is $200 million confirmed
    Was pretty sure that it was 100 million, but now Wikipedia has cited a source that says 160 million, woot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Again, this is a gauge of the interest in a specific area. It's not supposed to be used as a gauge for the entire world. For that you'd have to have a decent sample of reserved seating theaters for each region. As it stands we have indications that Warcraft is incredibly popular in places like Sweeden and Denmark. In the US it is taking much longer for theaters with reserved seating to fill up(I've checked in multiple major markets).
    I can confirm that myself. In the town I am currently living in (Umeå), the ticket sales at the premier for the WarCraft movie are filling 65-75% of the seats for both the 18:30 screening and the 21:00 screening on Friday. Bear in mind that Umeå is not a very large city and that the cinema here is not super massive, but it still looks pretty promising. Especially when looking at the ticket sales for X-Men Apocalypse, which does not even have over 20% of the seats taken at the 20:30 screening tonight.

While this is no indication how well the movie will do overall, at least there seems to be an interest for it here in Sweden.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-05-23 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Was pretty sure that it was 100 million, but now Wikipedia has cited a source that says 160 million, woot?
    100 million was leaked like 2 years ago or so when they´ve announced the movie. I think that marketing and post production = 100 million. yes.... "marketing"

I really really really hope they won't try to do a trilogy of WC1, WC2 and WC3. Mostly because the amount of story from Warcraft 3 is impossible to put in one movie alone.

Especially considering they didn't manage to fit the end of WC1 into this warcraft movie, with Stormwind burning and the humans sailing on to Lordaeron
    I hope they dedicate 2 films to the second war and then perhaps a standalone movie for Lord of the Clans to set up Thrall as a character.
    And then a trilogy for Reign of Chaos.

If they do decide to do all three wars in a trilogy (1 war per movie) then I can imagine they will change the lore drastically to make it work.

I also hope they stay true to the story of the second war.
    Meaning I hope they actually kill off characters where they're supposed to die and not keep them on because of popularity around them or the stars portraying them

The supposed 'home' the Orcs find at the end of the trilogy should be where the Frostwolves settle in Alterac Mountains. Just follow the set canon, its a good story in itself.

The $160m budget was told on an official website the other day

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be honest, if the WarCraft movie universe proves to be a success, we will likely see more than three movies. In the current age of movies if you have a fictional universe with as much material as a comic book universe, a franchise will be made.