Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Only 7 billion more idiots to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "Much like the shift from the revolver to the semi-automatic, the days of the single-shot electrical weapon will soon be a thing of the past. And with dual lasers, cross-connect, and a more accurate smart cartridge, the future of less-lethal technology has arrived in the form of the TASER X2."

https://www.taser.com/products/x2

Yeah. They do. Unless you're making a crack because this guy died, or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because there doesn't appear to have been any reason this man should have lost his life. That's sort of the point.
    The taser x2 has 2 darts, upper and lower. I don't see how that is any safer and actually under a panic the top dart could easily hit someone in the face. I know they have dual red dot lasers that put marks on the target but still the darts hit like a foot away from each other. Darien long grse (the mall cop) uses this same taser and has used it on quite few people and pulled it on probably a hundred people. The lasers always look way to far apart in my opinion to not accidentally put someones eye out.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-05-23 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Footpaws View Post
    I think they should send US police forces to train in various EU places, to be honest.
    Only as spectators, please.
    Don't want them to run around here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    So it's impossible for someone to be able to exhale but not be able to inhale?
    No need to bring out logic when poeple are stating their opinion. Have some respect!
    You are almost as bad as that guy who investigated the cause of dead and found it to be caused by the officers.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Best thing is to not break the law. That usually lowers the amount of time you spend with cops.
    This is 100% correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took me a while to realize that this thread is about USA but not about Georgia =\
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Took me a while to realize that this thread is about USA but not about Georgia =\
    Do they even have police in Georgia or just roaming gangs of religious fanatics?. Georgia in Russia is like the last place on earth I want to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    This is 100% correct.
    And completely useless, because it does not lower the time you spend with cops to zero.
    It just lowers the chance.

Only someone with no empathy whatsoever would think that would solve the issue.
    Do you know what the normal and sensitive raction to people like those is?
    Call the cops to get them somewhere where they can get mental help and won't endanger the rest of society. Hopefully those cops are trained to deal with people with mental problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Do they even have police in Georgia or just roaming gangs of religious fanatics?.
    I'm fairly sure that they do have police in Georgia.

But OT: electricity is a fun thing, it affects different people differently (aka hungover people have lesser impedance and are affected by stronger currents). And another fun thing - the only way to understand how electricity works on humans is... to test it on humans. So, people who use electricity on people should be extremely cautious with it, like pre-historic cooks with new ingredients.

I mean, when you work on a factory or something accident prevention is such a huge deal, but when you take it "to the streets" - "lol lets fuck this dude up by shoving a taser up his arse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    And completely useless, because it does not lower the time you spend with cops to zero.
    It just lowers the chance.

Only someone with no empathy whatsoever would think that would solve the issue.
    Do you know what the normal and sensitive raction to people like those is?
    Call the cops to get them somewhere where they can get mental help and won't endanger the rest of society. Hopefully those cops are trained to deal with people with mental problems.
    Cops these days are a risk, stay away, and stay away from what attracts cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I'm fairly sure that they do have police in Georgia.

But OT: electricity is a fun thing, it affects different people differently (aka hungover people have lesser impedance and are affected by stronger currents). And another fun thing - the only way to understand how electricity works on humans is... to test it on humans. So, people who use electricity on people should be extremely cautious with it, like pre-historic cooks with new ingredients.

I mean, when you work on a factory or something accident prevention is such a huge deal, but when you take it "to the streets" - "lol lets fuck this dude up by shoving a taser up his arse"
    You aren't in Russia, your mannerisms are different than an actual Russian. I know tons of Russians, they are all kind of awkward.

Cops these days are a risk, stay away, and stay away from what attracts cops.
    I'd rather make those kinds of cops stay away from me by passing laws that require them to be trained better.

I'd rather make those kinds of cops stay away from me by passing laws that require them to be trained better.
    Good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Does it not enter your mind that subduing was not necessary? That tactics other than "charge in and start wrestling with him" are available?
    911 was called because a man who was believed to be hyped up on drugs was in a vehicle with his parents he didn't recognize at the time. You don't just sit on your hands in that situation. The quicker he's subdued and in custody the safer everyone will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The root issue is that I'm expecting you to provide evidence of any such additional information. You don't get to just make up whatever you want and pretend that it's equivalent to the official reports.
    I'm not a fucking district attorney. I can't just walk up to the court house and ask for information on an ongoing investigation. I'm basing my opinion on evidence provided by the news media.

It's not that I'm "ignorant to the possibility of being wrong", it's that you have no grounds on which to argue that I am. Saying "but it could have been invisible unicorns instead" is just not a convincing argument; you're gonna be expected to provide evidence to back up that claim.
    And that's the third fucking time you've spouted magical nonsense when refuting my point. If you're not going to treat this discussion as an adult you shouldn't expect to be taken seriously.

The whole fucking point in having cameras on officers is to collaborate their story. The family's attorney is saying that the officer's had a boot on this man's chest and tased him to death. What little video we've seen shows the man screaming and grabbing for the officer's tasers while they try to subdue him. If we had the entire video showing what was going on we'd have proof either way. What we have is a coroner's report saying he died from his torso being pressed on while being tased. Was there a test to determine if he had drugs in his system that could have exacerbated the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Your entire premise is just shit poor reasoning. "This evidence was false, so therefor this evidence might be too" is the same argument creationists use while pointing to Geocentrism.
    "You don't think the right way so you're wrong" is a piss poor way to find the truth of the matter.

"The coroner said the cops squished him and zapped him to death. No reason to look any further into the matter. We don't need to see what was on that video, we have 'proof' of what happened."

If anything it is your way of thinking that is like a creationist with your willingness to stop at the first piece of evidence that supports your ideas. Any scientist worth his salt will keep asking questions, not stop.
    Last edited by Templar 331; 2016-05-23 at 09:13 AM.

Deleted
    More proof that you don't call the police for anyone having psychological or otherwise issues.

It's like asking Brock Lesner to fix a watch when we all know he'd probably just punch the thing.

Good luck with that.
    Thank you, I think we are doing quite well with that over here in old Europe.

I have to side with the police on this one. How difficult is it for people to understand, do what the police tell you to do. If you have some grievance report it later or get a lawyer. The golden rule applies when dealing with police.
    That requires common sense, and common sense isn't that common anymore...

I have to side with the police on this one. How difficult is it for people to understand, do what the police tell you to do. If you have some grievance report it later or get a lawyer. The golden rule applies when dealing with police.
    Very good! Call them to the asylum and let them have a search of all inmates who have no family for drugs. Just because.
    I'm sure it will lead to much reduced costs. If anyone is left alive they can write a report--if they are still able to write.

No need for precautions, let's sue if anyone survives. Great tactic, that!

Unfortunately, that is untrue.
    You need less air to make sounds than you need to stay alive.
    And having air that goes out does not indicate that you can breathe in.
    yeah. no. take a basic first aid class.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    And that's the third fucking time you've spouted magical nonsense when refuting my point. If you're not going to treat this discussion as an adult you shouldn't expect to be taken seriously.
    I'm not the one who started with the magical nonsense. That's the point.

Unless you have evidence to contradict the ME's analysis, you're engaging in precisely the same kind of magical thinking. I'm just using more fantastical terms to underline how fundamentally irrational it is.

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    He was filmed saying "I'm dead, I'm dead! ... I said, I quit, I quit!" moments before he stopped breathing and died. Body cams of the police officers involved show the encounter in vivid detail.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/21/us/tas...ies/index.html

I really hope the officers involved are prosecuted for first degree murder. Of course they won't be though. Absolutely disgusting.
    This story is a prime example of why officers should use real guns, to limit suffering of those who are shot.