Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Some talent isnt kind on age. Especially explosive quick players like Rooney. Also he got played a lot for man utd under fergie when he should have been recovering.

Torres is similar. Was never the same after losing that explosive pace
    One could say Rooney was never the same after the foot injury during the Euro 2004. He lost his incredible ball feeling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rooney still has the knack to make excellent long passes imo... of course he fucks up every now and then, but who doesn't. His pass to RvP vs Aston Villa comes to mind a few seasons back, and then his pass to Young against Bournemouth was pretty decent too. And not forgetting his pass to Lingard vs Everton (or was that Carrick?). Anyway, he still has it imo.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2016-05-24 at 01:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or how he was unanimously voted man of the match in the fa cup final...He is a solid player.

Hes certainly got a decent pass on him, Seems to slow down play a lot in the final 3rd though. And I'm not sure where he would fit in with a Mourinho team.

He prefers more defensive minded mid fielders and the likes of cesc fabregas/Mesut Ozil as offensive midfielders. And Rooney is not that.

i can see Mou building on Man utds already solid defense with a DCM and probably buying an established striker like Ibra to help out Martial.
    Probably another CB as well to replace blind. Hopefully doesn't chase John stones all transfer window ><
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-05-24 at 08:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rooney's issue is confidence. If he trusts his instinctive first touch, he's amazing.

He seems to hesitate and take way too much time on the ball.

Deleted
    You lot had your pitch forks out for Rooney during the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    He has improved toward the tail end of the season, I'm still sceptical but we don't know how much of his poor form was LVG's philosophy and how much is just him being old. At 34 I feel bad calling him old.

You're 34? Damn the ages of people in this thread always amazes me.

I need to start handing out some of these

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Adams View Post

I need to start handing out some of these

Means we have more of a vast wealth of knowledge about football than you padawans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Cos he was shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Call me out if I'm wrong, but I thought I read that Rooney had said the older he gets the more he prefers playing deeper into midfield instead of being a striker.
    That's because he wants to continue playing for England and there's no way he's getting in above Kane Vardy or Sturridge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaman View Post
    We have been looking for a new Scholes ever since he put his shoes on the shelf. I think Rooney can fill that role, probably not as good, but good enough.
    Scholes is for my money the best midfielder I've ever seen.
    Rooney isn't fit to tie his laces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Question now is how will Giggs justify doing absolutely fuck all and who will Mou replace him with?

Rui Faria and Mou are like besties for life anyway so can guarantee he'll be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36372446

Don't suppose we can blame the Welsh for this?

this is a forum for a 10 year old game, not sure what do you expect, teenagers that started playing it when they were 3? not to mention that the concept of a forum itself is somewhat a thing of the past compared to current social media development

10+ Year Old Account
    Turning 30 in 6 weeks, I was 18 when I started playing WoW.

Durrty is just jealous that we can all buy alcohol and he can't.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post
    Durrty is just jealous that we can all buy alcohol and he can't.
    Aint that young. Old enough to drink, young enough to not be worried about knee replacements.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Aint that young. Old enough to drink, young enough to not be worried about knee replacements.
    Well if Arsenal's fans mirror their players; then don't count your chickens...

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Well if Arsenal's fans mirror their players; then don't count your chickens...
    *snippy snips*
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-05-24 at 08:11 PM.

So wasting your youth on a forum is better than older people wasting their time on a forum?

Logic =/=