Page 95 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deirdre View Post
    Druid and disc can afford to be reactive? Sry but pls stop talking :/
    Oh, you didn't know? Priests are supposed to PW : S after players take damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Oh i will try it ;-)
    Last edited by mmoccce904060d; 2016-05-25 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    If you read my post before jumping the shark, specifically the line that spells like Riptide, Rejuv, PW:S offers a buffer to allow the class to play reactively, MW has no such buffer. As long as you PW:S some time in advance of say a pound you have maximal time to react to the healing required afterwards to top people up. MW must not only time their Uplifts perfectly, they must time their ReM's so that they've had the chance to spread for the Pound that comes. Wrought or what not. Without that timing lining up both long term and short term timing your Uplifts (especially things like Infernals on Archimonde where perfect timing of Uplift casts is needed to prevent deaths prior to overgearing that content). The two things are not comparable. PW:S gives you a buffer, it is a instant heal that doesn't care about the target's current HP. MWs must be proactive to heal at all, and time it so you are precasting Uplift on damage that is going to come so that the heal is not wasted and heals between two potentially fatal damage sources (IE Archimonde). This is in of course in a level of progression where that mattered and we weren't overgearing the content by 40 ilevels.

But this is a serious reply to a response that was just meant to be argumentative for the sake of arguing.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    No it didn't. Lots of other reasons why. Skillcap is not one of them.
    Skill cap has a lot to do with it. I've personally never had any issues with healing boss on my monk (save iron maidens), and a lot of less skilled players are having issues.

Compared to other healers, live monk is leagues more difficult compared to other healers. It's pretty easy to spam PW:S and top the healing meters, monk cannot do something like that.

I don't really see how you guys can argue otherwise. An average druid with good gear can literally just spam rejuv every gcd and still achieve good numbers.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-05-25 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    . Compared to other healers, live monk is leagues more difficult compared to other healers. It's pretty easy to spam PW:S and top the healing meters, monk cannot do something like that. An average druid with good gear can literally just spam rejuv every gcd and still achieve good numbers.
    Literally? Have fun with no Harmony mastery bonus on your rejuv spam

Lets tone the hyperbole down a tad, and more importantly, refocus on Legion issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's slight hyperbole, but you can still do that and achieve better numbers than a monk mindlessly spamming soothing mist. I'm well aware there's more that goes into druid, but for argument sake it's far easier to achieve -ok- numbers as a druid compared to a monk.

Btw, this is a relevant discussion because the class needed to be simple so people could perform better at it. Clearly blizzard wants more people to play monk, and it's current skill cap compared to live healers is completely out of line. That's why the spec was basically ported over to disc priest, because you can at least play holy.

The cost of simplicity is a loss of unique mechanics i'm afraid.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2016-05-26 at 05:26 AM.

Well, it used to be more complex in MOP though, when TFT was fun and engaging.

I agree though, I find mistweavers easy to play, but a lot of people who are trying as mistweavers still can't phantom to understand how much throughput I can do compared to what they do, and I'm not even close to what Suplift can do (or maybe I'm too lazy to get there)

Many people here read forums, check logs, etc. They don't.

Don't expect everybody to do that. The learning curve to master a mistweaver is larger than any other healer. That was, I believe, what they wanted to cut a bit with Legion changes, that the difference between a complete noob and a top mistweaver would not be 1000%. However the changes while in alpha didn't reflect that, when they started to introduce more complex talents (good for us, probably not so much for new confused players)
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    spells like EF and EnM make it extremely difficult for an average mistweaver to do poorly. They do so much healing for 1 button, kinda like live power word shield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad to see MW becoming a shallow(er) spec.

The thought of simply Enveloping tanks or debuffs when applicable and using vivify for 90% of the rest of my healing simply isn't appealing. EF, TFT, Soothing and Effuse are either too weak to impact the gameplay meaningfully or are too mechanically boring to add depth to the dull gameplay framework.

Mastery might change that depending on where it ends up being balanced but losing chi management, short term buff management, mana tea management and ReM charge management is a big loss. Each of those aspects alone aren't difficult or enthralling but the collection of them all together makes the current MW fun for me and rewarding when it's handled properly. That simply won't exist in Legion.

Pretty much just a QQ post.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
    ...But i do have hope they can keep the Melee healer fantasy alive even if its not the best i will still make it work because for me right now that is what is rewarding, fun and difficult about the class....
    In beta its dead and buried.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Sad to see MW becoming a shallow(er) spec.
    It actually is not shallower, it is actually deeper but people just keep ignoring that in favor if QQ'ing who have not even tried it in beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorlab View Post
    It actually is not shallower, it is actually deeper but people just keep ignoring that in favor if QQ'ing who have not even tried it in beta.
    "deeper"

EF into effuse/vivify spam is really "deeper" than live monk xD

Deleted
    Class is really straightforward, we basically have a button for each situation and TFT to buff them. The only thing people might get confused on is to wether keep channeling soothing mist or just dps/spam effuse. Everything else should be used on cd and TFT into vivify for free mana.

There's very little to track, ReM jumps by itself, Sheilun's gift now procs mastery so clouds are less relevant, keep up EnvM during high damage, watch out for vivify procs and thats pretty much it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that's not straightfoward is how much of a noob trap enveloping mist can be. Sometimes it's simply better to just cast effuse twice, rather than enm.

Outside of that, there's very little to fuck up.

and now they nurfed ENM
    13/13

Monk

Deleted
    Nerf to mistwrap

10+ Year Old Account
    This change only effects 5 mans btw. No raiding mist wrap was going to take mist wrap over buffed SoTC or lifecycles anyway.

This isn't even the biggest change in the world for 5 mans anyway. Mistweaver was already doing truly insane ST burst hps, and this is only slightly reduced.

SoTC buffs basically means why would you ever channel soothing mist over fistweaving for mana.

Deleted
    are they seriously nerfing mistweavers? and how do you fistweave when we are ranged now. So many fails will be made.
    Last edited by mmoca3bda26465; 2016-05-27 at 09:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mortix View Post
    are they seriously nerfing mistweavers? and how do you fistweave when we are ranged now. So many fails will be made.
    because monks still ignore some mechanics.

I keep saying that we have the worst artifact on this expansion..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nermo View Post
    I keep saying that we have the worst artifact on this expansion..
    well, go into the feral thread and tell this to them