People should stop blaming Blizzard for how this movie turned out. Duncan is the guy who were in "control". If anyone should be blamed, it should be him. But I think he can take it. He seems happy with this movie, so does the actors. AND so do many fans

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by dproject View Post
    yep, exactly. I just saw it today (it's already premiere in my country), and I think it's just horrible. GG Blizzard, they keep doing failures after failures.. When I thought it can't be worse than what I expected, well it actually did!
    Well, people genuinely convinced that Blizzard produces movies are so damn reliable. Totally honest and not driven by saltiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Why do people care about the ratings anyway? That is to say you have decided to go see the movie anyways. So who cares about the reviews? Only those should who haven't yet made up their mind whether they are going to see it or not.
    The problem is exactly your last sentence. That being the general audience. Those negative reviews tend to send the largest possible movie watching group somewhere else than putting their butts in the theater seat.

Who cares about reviews? Every movie company out there. The general audience, aka the largest group of watchers. A large fan base is great but even that isn't enough. Hell, we know China will do great sales because they go nuts for warcraft. To the point of illegally building a Warcraft based theme park but calling it something different to escape getting in trouble. You can bet their going to watch it no matter what. That is not the case for the rest of the world. Reviews matter to a whole lot of people.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-05-25 at 02:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Warcraft will do strong in the EU, it will do well in Asia because they love these sorcerer fantasy like movies. US is the problematic market, it's a very weird market, they seem to only like things involved with guns or super humans. Then again profits wise, the US market has always been rather insignificant.
    This is what I'm thinking as well. The movie will do pretty well overall, but somehow the US market is problematic. And I think that's where most of the critics will come from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    Played Warcraft 3? That game wasn't goofy. Clueless people will be clueless.
    So what's so good about this movie? Almost all the critics hate it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    The problem is exactly your last sentence. That being the general audience. Those negative reviews tend to send the largest possible movie watching group somewhere else than putting their butts in the theater seat.

Who cares about reviews? Every movie company out there. The general audience, aka the largest group of watchers. A large fan base is great but even that isn't enough. Hell, we know China will do great sales because they go nuts for warcraft. To the point of illegally building a Warcraft based theme park but calling it something different to escape getting in trouble. You can bet their going to watch it no matter what. That is not the case for the rest of the world. Reviews matter to a whole lot of people.
    My point exactly was why people HERE in this thread care about the ratings?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by dproject View Post
    yep, exactly. I just saw it today (it's already premiere in my country), and I think it's just horrible. GG Blizzard, they keep doing failures after failures.. When I thought it can't be worse than what I expected, well it actually did!
    Did you accidentally end up on MMOC? Let me guess, you didn't get the movie even though you have been member for so long?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Almost all the critics out of... 5 critics?
    Unless there are many other reviews, then I apologize

Eugh realising now how flawed Metacritic is. Its meant to take all official reviews and get an avarage score. But... it doesn't take all scores

Why do those critics even break the embargo? Me confused.

No they don't Tennis, my love. The english critics being recorded on RT and IMDB (German, French, Swedish reviews aren't being aggregated) are giving it mediocre scores more often than not. It's metacritic is rising and people have pretty much accepted the guy that gave it a 10/100 is a hack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    And according to articles it's million.
    I'd think Duncan Jones would've corrected Rob when he says it's 100m per hour right next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    I'd think Duncan Jones would've corrected Rob when he says it's 100m per hour right next to him.
    Or he could let his friend have a joke instead of autistically correcting him in an informal periscope Q&A.

Deleted
    Most critics think it's an enjoyable movie, if you include foreign reviews. But no, those 3 overly negative ones are way more important!

Deleted
    Blame what? Blame who? Just go see the movie with friends have a drink and fun. The movies is not made to be a masterpiece of art. Its a hard sell, with all the universe and lore , including anyone of thous things is hard. I plan to do the same, i all ready bought tickets , going with few friends and expecting a good time. the movie will do just fine , its out in like what 1-6? Country's ? releax , get enraged for some time because of non constructive criticism. I saw one that gave it a 6/10 , and he made some points , like real ones . And it's ok . Its ok if people give it a 5/10 6/10 , if they have anything constructive to say. Thats why people in this thread get piss off, not because constructive critic, but things like " ya i told you so wow is dead and so is the Movie , buhahahah" and that's annoying.

Dont like ti ok , dont like it but dont come to this tread and say things in the form of , hahahh fanbody movies sucks looozl wow is dead ( and ya i know nobody until now sad exactly that but you get the point) .

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    My point exactly was why people HERE in this thread care about the ratings?
    I never cared about ratings, but I cared about decent reviews. And with "decent reviews", something that didn't seem to have an agenda about it, either a positive or a negative one. Which is why I try to avoid the reviews of the fans.

Fortunately, I managed to read a couple of them that sounds reasonable enough to grant me an overall idea about the movie. For the rest, ratings can be damned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    The joke was so hilarious that he probably didn't want to be nitpicky there

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post

Problem with your assessment is that most of these negative reviews are coming from US. I mean who the hell in France or China or Russia knows or gives a crap about Variety or RT. I have yet to see a European review that matches the tone of American reviews. We all knew Warcraft will fail in US. This reviews just pushes it from bad to worse. RT or merit ranking have zero merit for non-US movie goers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    People should stop blaming Blizzard for how this movie turned out. Duncan is the guy who were in "control". If anyone should be blamed, it should be him. But I think he can take it. He seems happy with this movie, so does the actors. AND so do many fans
    What do you mean, for how this movie turned out?

It hasn't turned out like anything yet. Reviewers are breaking embargo all over the place. I haven't seen one high profile review yet and reading the one's linked on rotten tomatoes, the critics are juvenile. Embarrassing reads. How they have an occupation as a reviewer is surprising.

Saying that, this movie is going to be Marmite. It's heavy fantasy and heavy CGI. Not really Oscar Bait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Or he could let his friend have a joke instead of autistically correcting him in an informal periscope Q&A.
    How I love being indirectly called autistic.