Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Emma Watson, Spend one week in a Calais migrant camp for feminism (without guards)

https://twitter.com/EmWatson/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

[MOD SNIP]

In order to show how safe current migration is to Europe, particularly regarding the cause of feminism (I reject wholeheartedly the notion that North African and Middle Eastern migrants are unsafe, and rapists), Emma Watson should spend a week's holiday in a Calais migrant camp, without guards of course, to show how safe, and how pro feminism these migrants are.

Tens of thousands have signed a petition to make Emma Watson visit a camp for illegal immigrants without guards of course to show how safe and pro-feminist those immigrants are.

Sign it you too, these people need to show their solidarity with them instead of just claiming to show it!
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-05-25 at 06:09 PM.

Emma Watson is one of the least crazy feminists out there these days. I don't know why people keep attacking her when she's going around repeatedly acknowledging that Feminism is often seen as man-hating and that it needs to accommodate and include men in its movement too.
    She's a speaker and nothing more. If you want to look at it cynically, she was chosen for her fame during the Harry Potter's endings.

There are plenty of feminist "scholars" or "intellectuals" that people could and should probably be going after instead.

Leave Hermione alone.

ohhhh i love shit like this.

exposing hypocrites is always such a beautiful thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this collection of signatures supposed to be some sort of "put your money where your mouth is" situation?

If so, why Emma? There are plenty of other people who I would rather send there. I'm not particularly a fan of Emma Watson (over-rated actress), but I don't feel she is nearly the loud mouth that some others are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Emma Watson is one of the least crazy feminists out there these days. I don't know why people keep attacking her when she's going around repeatedly acknowledging that Feminism is often seen as man-hating and that it needs to accommodate and include men in its movement too.
    I agree with ya here.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Who the fuck is Emma Watson?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with her.

#refugees welcome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Is this collection of signatures supposed to be some sort of "put your money where your mouth is" situation?

If so, why Emma? There are plenty of other people who I would rather send there. I'm not particularly a fan of Emma Watson (over-rated actress), but I don't feel she is nearly the loud mouth that some others are.
    Because of this: https://twitter.com/EmWatson/status/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with ya here.

its because she is high profile, sure there are thousands of twitter feminists that are far worse than her, but she a public figure and stuff.

i think she should go, i mean all these refugees are so peaceful and everything right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Who the fuck is Emma Watson?
    she was in harry potter and is now some feminist spokesman for the UN

10+ Year Old Account
    To "make" her visit it? "Make" her how? I don't think these people know the law very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    its because she is high profile, sure there are thousands of twitter feminists that are far worse than her, but she a public figure and stuff.

i think she should go, i mean all these refugees are so peaceful and everything right?

- - - Updated - - -

she was in harry potter
    Yes, she is a high profile person, but that is due to her work in Film, not feminism. She is just as much of an activist as Leonardo DiCaprio. He always has some half thought out things to say as well, but no one takes him seriously. Just as no one should take Emma Watson seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Julrusch View Post
    I know this doesn't look good for me, but I absolutely under no circumstances visit, twitter.

If you can post pics, i'd look at them. But I don't go anywhere near that site.

Deleted
    I know this doesn't look good for me, but I absolutely under no circumstances visit, twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not certain what this tells me. I was expecting, something, more.

Ehh, Watson's inclusion of men issues and acknowledging the idea that feminism may have an image problem among some men smells too much of PR. If you're the face of a campaign whose entire premise is "hey men, help women right nao!" and your target audience has opinions stemming from said image problems, it's PR 101 to address them. And then brush it under the carpet. Weirdly enough, the campaign in question, which she promoted with those speeches about how feminism is seen as man-hating and that men have issues too, says and does absolutely nothing about that.

That being said, this petition makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    I'm not certain what this tells me. I was expecting, something, more.
    If she wants to welcome them then she should do so in person over a week without guards in the camp.

Deleted
    i do personally thing everyone who says refugees welcome should take an unaccompanied trip to the refugee camps, should set an example by meeting all these lovely people they want to welcome.

emma watson can just go first.

Any story behind this? oO
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    If she wants to welcome them then she should do so in person over a week without guards in the camp.
    But, there are tons of people who welcome the refugees. Why are we targeting her?

This sounds like a childish attempt at vengeance due to something someone said.

"Oh that dog bite isn't so bad"
    "Oh yeah! Well let me bite you then and see how you like it!"

This is what is sounds like to me. Childish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I agree with her.

#refugees welcome
    Maybe you could sleep together in the closest refugee camp! They'll love a threesome I bet

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'm unsure how you think those online petitions work, but they can't force a person to do something, just because a bunch of people signed it.
    In most cases it's nothing more than a new (and I'd wager, less efficient) variety of peer pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.