Thread: The Division

10+ Year Old Account
    While extra challenge modes would be nice, I think the high valued targets are a nice pve addition. Both to solo and group play.

With phoenix credits not being such a baseline currency to acquire stuff ever since the reroll cost of gear moved to normal credits, I personally feel less need for additional CM;s. PC's are pretty much reduced in value. Getting up to cap/1000 can be done fairly quick for that one item that may or may nod appear on a weekly reset

If I may ask, whats your motivation to have more CM's? Additional group content?
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the high value targets will be anything hard at all, they sound really dull. It sounds like the Bullet King, but with the added addition of a quest to kill him.

The only new content in this patch is an Incursion, everything else is lazy and lacklustre. If the Incursion is like the last one, then that can join the list of lacklustre.

I wanted new challenge modes because I enjoy group content. DZ is just the same as it has been since launch, so I'm bored of it. Bored of doing the current CMs because they are far too easy. The first Incursion was just bad and I didn't do it again after completing it on CM.

I really enjoyed doing the missions though (the mard mode and challenge mode dungeons), I wish they all had a CM difficulty.

So the only new group content is the new Incursion.

Who knows, it may be amazing
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2016-05-24 at 11:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in all fairness, CM's aren't that hard either. Above gearscore 200 you can solo them with relative ease if you should desire so.
    In our squad of 4 we can push any CM in about 15 minutes with spawntimers pushing the completion time over 10 minutes haha.

The revised loot system should make everything more interesting to complete, including current CM's.
    I do agree more missions should be added tho the rest of 1.2 is enough for me at the moment.

If the new incursion is horde mode I'll be doing it once a week, just like Falcon Lost :-P
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    While extra challenge modes would be nice, I think the high valued targets are a nice pve addition. Both to solo and group play.
    I am not sure what they are, but I assume they are just random named somewhere in the world that you go to kill daily and weekly, perhaps "Lieutenant"-style first.
    And you're right that with PCs reduced in value CMs became pretty much pointless, but I don't think that was a clever idea, since this took even more from the thinly spread PVE content worth doing.
    So harder challenge modes with better rewards would have been a nice addition, and filled the gap between PVE and PVP between the 182 and 214 ilevel bracket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    I am not sure what they are, but I assume they are just random named somewhere in the world that you go to kill daily and weekly, perhaps "Lieutenant"-style first.
    And you're right that with PCs reduced in value CMs became pretty much pointless, but I don't think that was a clever idea, since this took even more from the thinly spread PVE content worth doing.
    So harder challenge modes with better rewards would have been a nice addition, and filled the gap between PVE and PVP between the 182 and 214 ilevel bracket.
    Yeah, just like the new DZ 201+ bracket, the game would do well if they also gave us a new "CM+" bracket with increased difficulty and rewards. I agree that the entire CM content is becoming obsolete above certain gearlevels. That would be a shame, just like WoW’s dungeons become obsolete after the first raid tier. CM+ would be a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well in all fairness, CM's aren't that hard either. Above gearscore 200 you can solo them with relative ease if you should desire so.
    In our squad of 4 we can push any CM in about 15 minutes with spawntimers pushing the completion time over 10 minutes haha.

The revised loot system should make everything more interesting to complete, including current CM's.
    I do agree more missions should be added tho the rest of 1.2 is enough for me at the moment.

If the new incursion is horde mode I'll be doing it once a week, just like Falcon Lost :-P
    They were fairly challenging at first, but most of all, they were fun. After a few weeks they stopped being fun, because everything dropped like flies and you were tired of repeating the few available. There is no excuse for them not all to have a CM and upscale the current CMs.

If they released new ones, they'd have to be balanced around a higher gear level. I would even like them to upscale the current few available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Upscaling would be awesome, and very healthy for the game. If they can do it to the DZ, missions shouldn't technically be much of a problem either.

I think the biggest disappointment to me personally is them using set bonuses to make weapons outside of SMGs good...Why not just make them good to begin with so it's a legitimate choice of what weapons you want to use?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing the new incursion, get past the beginning part and to circle. Two guys leave suddenly for no reason. Have to run all the way back to the entrance to get two new guys. They join. Can't even come into the mission with us, if they walk through the door they get ported back out.

Cya again Division, will be back to try again with 1.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    How the heck did you get a 6 month suspension from WoW? Who's cheerios did you piss in? lol
    He botted so he got banned.

- - - Updated - - -

They are just digging their grave deeper with this patch...
    Well have fun you guys that still enjoy the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post

- - - Updated - - -

They are just digging their grave deeper with this patch...
    Well have fun you guys that still enjoy the game!
    So...same ole same ole in terms of fuckery?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    So...same ole same ole in terms of fuckery?
    Yeah, same ole same ole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, same ole same ole.
    Well that's disappointing. I was hoping to actually get some play time in with this little update lol.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

I answered him 5 days ago and he responded to me. But thanks for the "clarification".

Much needed!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm liking it.

Clear Sky is a much better incursion than Falcon Lost. We got to the boss but wiped in the chaos. It being an open area is a big plus.
    The new HVT missions are actually quite challenging. The weekly ones that give you a set item where giving us a beating even tho we're all over 200. I wouldn't call them hard, but we went in thinking it was easier than it turned out to be.

The intel missions are pretty grindy. Feels like MoP's daily quest system. They are easy tho, and I think I'll be doing a long run of 2-3 hours of intel farming and be done with it for that week. It feels good to be out in the world, that change was really needed.

Deleted
    I'm liking it.

Clear Sky is a much better incursion than Falcon Lost. We got to the boss but wiped in the chaos. It being an open area is a big plus.
    The new HVT missions are actually quite challenging. The weekly ones that give you a set item where giving us a beating even tho we're all over 200. I wouldn't call them hard, but we went in thinking it was easier than it turned out to be.

The intel missions are pretty grindy. Feels like MoP's daily quest system. They are easy tho, and I think I'll be doing a long run of 2-3 hours of intel farming and be done with it for that week. It feels good to be out in the world, that change was really needed.
    To be fair, the incursion is a bit to easy compared to FL. I know CM isn't in yet but comparing the hard modes, FL is by far harder. Its a a lot shorter too but that plays nicely given the 2 x 204 weapon drops you get.

Deleted
    Falcon Lost hard is by no means harder, it'll only take 10 times longer... but that's not how you define "hard".

It's worth mentioning that you can now actually play Falcon Lost CM normally, without using the tunnel/upper area only... Yaaaay (it's stillm by design, the worst instance/raid/encounter in the game though)

If you do it in a group of 4, it'll take like 10 minutes until you have enough for the weekly. No need to farm it for so long .

Farm until you can buy the first weekly -> they will drop enough for player 2 to buy the next weekly -> they will drop enough for player 3 to pay the third -> they will drop enough for player 4 to buy the last.

They are all worth it btw. Even the daily ones drop set items.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-25 at 04:47 PM.

Thought about coming back, But didnt. This patch is a shit fest. massive has shit the bed. This game had alot of promise but they just couldnt manage to even release patches without shit being broken. I feel bad for anyone who got scammed into the season pass. Thier free content is laughable. I cant imagine the paid shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Thought about coming back, But didnt. This patch is a shit fest. massive has shit the bed. This game had alot of promise but they just couldnt manage to even release patches without shit being broken. I feel bad for anyone who got scammed into the season pass. Thier free content is laughable. I cant imagine the paid shit.
    Hey the paid content might actually be good (insofar as they are capable of making good things) since they will have all of the (entirely negative) feedback to take into account when making it, assuming it wasn't already made in advance.

By all accounts all of these "free" content were cut content, cut from the base game and added back in. One prime example is this patch and the new incursion. When you complete it you get a prompt to return to the base and you get a story cut scene that talks about how finally you need to take on Bliss at the UN..........

Massive's excuse is that this cut scene was bugged and this patch fixed it... Yeah, they fixed a video so that it only becomes available several patches and three months after launch after completing an incursion... What...? Really? No.

Some tips though if you are like me and try to give this game the benefit of the doubt and keep playing:
    - Don't hit enter to try and chat, especially if in a group. A lot of people are having a bug where their character freezes if they open chat. Unable to move or take any action. Lol.
    - Be very careful deconstructing stuff. With the double UI bug, you very well might deconstruct two different items instead of the one you want to deconstruct because it isn't just a graphical bug, it literally doubles your UI making two separate ones that both interact with controls. Lolol.

How two bugs like that can make it through QA, it literally baffles the mind?

---

Oh and balance lol. They claim the armor buff is to balance weapons and make ARs and LMGs viable... Buffing mitigation literally does the complete opposite of that lol. It makes SMGs EVEN STRONGER because it makes it even easier to get in close range. The weapons are already pretty balanced, AR is strong at range/weak up close and SMG is strong up close/weak at range. SMG is king because mitigation is so damn high in this game that anyone can get in close range easily and thus use an SMG at max potential while forcing all other guns into their weakest spot.

Its like they don't even understand their own game systems :P

I still like the game though. I like the graphics, I enjoy the shooting, I enjoy PvE when it works. Never ever going to PvP in this game again though. Hopefully they sit down and take a good hard look in the mirror before they try anything else.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2016-05-26 at 05:16 AM.

Deleted
    To bei fair, after this patch, I'm actually thinking about dropping my SMG, my AR is much more usefull right now, at least in PVE... I'm not sure what's causing it, they didn't change anything did they?

It's probably because of the Sentinel nerf. The AK is still king when it comes to accuracy... no matter what other people say, the ACRs, M4s LVOA-C... they are barely controllable and you waste so many bullets. The ACR is actually pretty good up close, but their first bullet kick-up is so huge that burst fire is impossible at targets further away.

(PVE)
    Pre patch -> SMG + MMR only, SMG for pretty much 90% of all encounters, the drop off range didn't bother me, thinks melted anyway (most likely due to the sentinel/brutal bug)
    Post patch -> SMG for up close when they decide to rush you, AR for anything else, the "balanced" nerf made snipers uselesss imho, bolt action snipers are only useable against targets that don't move at range (every shot that's not a headshot is flipping weak), M1A without the accuracy are uncontrollable and I'm not wiling to use skills for the sake of making my gun stable.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-26 at 09:00 AM.