Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legion will have the same LFR WoD model, hope you enjoy it 'glorious leader'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Its actually not the same argument at all and again th3 comparison is extremly poor. Lfr as a while takes much longer than a pet battle, is not guaranteed to give you tier, is not guaranteed to give you loot and only gives you one kick at can every week. You're comparison is ludicrous tk anyone with half a fucking brain.

I'm done btw. It's useless to argue with fools.
    No, it's the same thing. I can white damage through LFR and come out with several epic items... I remember in moP when they increased the droprate since you people are like children taking karate who need 50 belt colors to stay interested.

Pet battles are more difficult than LFR. So, they should at least give the same gear as LFR.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I don't understand why poeple think Tier gear in LFR is good, it trivializes dungeons etc
    because they weren't already trivialized the first week of WoD even without lfr?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they've done this. The LFR sets from WoD weren't great, with the possible exception of the one for Plate tanks in HFC (an absorb shield is always nice).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    because they weren't already trivialized the first week of WoD even without lfr?
    Mythic dungeons actually really fixed that. Even mythic raiders still run them. And mythic+ dungeons were supposed to keep dungeons relevant the whole x pack. But hey... tier gear trumps Ilvl anyday.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

this is a good thing, hopefully they're going completely back to the MoP style lfr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    I'm glad they've done this. The LFR sets from WoD weren't great, with the possible exception of the one for Plate tanks in HFC (an absorb shield is always nice).
    You know, I wouldn't mind a middleground. LFR players should be given tier bonuses that make things simpler for them... Like. Make it so a LFr player can do more dps for less effort, but still be noticeably different than Raiding. like... 2 set gives 10% HP, and 4 set gives like... Your water elemental does something neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid decision. The WoD model was perfect. Rewarded players for doing harder content and taking the time to learn the fights and coordinate. You had Heroic with it's own tier model and Mythic with it's own unique model as well. Then you had LFR with it's own unique set of gear. Different gear, different model. Now we go back to this catering bullshit. So disappointed. It's like they're completely ignoring the fact that WoD started off with 10 million subs and only went downhill after content dried up and garrisons fizzled out. From what I hear, for a lot of people, raids were the only good thing in this expansion. I really don't understand this. Even when I was pretty much exclusively doing LFR in MoP I hated the easy tier and simple recolor. Felt like a total cop out. Tier should feel special. People should WANT to go earn it and WANT to do the harder content to get the powerful set bonuses.

So now everybody gets tier, everybody gets (multiple) legendaries, everybody's abilities can fit snugly into the bottom left hotkey bar, they're handing out recolors of old CM gear and we're back to AFK auto-flying from A to B halfway through the expansion. Nice. Can't wait to not even look at all the work they've done and just stare at a 2D sky. Wait, I won't have to since I'll be alt-tabbed.

Guess they're not learning from their mistakes.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Mythic dungeons actually really fixed that. Even mythic raiders still run them. And mythic+ dungeons were supposed to keep dungeons relevant the whole x pack. But hey... tier gear trumps Ilvl anyday.
    no one ran mythic dungeons until they added valor, they were almost a complete fail when first released but yes, you're right about it in legion, the mythic and mythic+ dungeons being available at launch will solve this issue potentially to the point that the lfr tier won't even be worth it to the people running them. the 8 pc class hall sets may also be much better than lfr tier but i haven't seen the stats on those yet they may well end up being better

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Stupid decision. The WoD model was perfect. Rewarded players for doing harder content and taking the time to learn the fights and coordinate. You had Heroic with it's own tier model and Mythic with it's own unique model as well. Then you had LFR with it's own unique set of gear. Different gear, different model. Now we go back to this catering bullshit. So disappointed. It's like they're completely ignoring the fact that WoD started off with 10 million subs and only went downhill after content dried up and garrisons fizzled out. From what I hear, for a lot of people, raids were the only good thing in this expansion. I really don't understand this. Even when I was pretty much exclusively doing LFR in MoP I hated the easy tier and simple recolor. Felt like a total cop out. Tier should feel special. People should WANT to go earn it and WANT to do the harder content to get the powerful set bonuses.

So now everybody gets tier, everybody gets (multiple) legendaries, everybody's abilities can fit snugly into the bottom left hotkey bar, they're handing out recolors of old CM gear and we're back to AFK auto-flying from A to B halfway through the expansion. Nice. Can't wait to not even look at all the work they've done and just stare at a 2D sky. Wait, I won't have to since I'll be alt-tabbed.

Only thing missing is you telling us you'll cancel your subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    The numbers are super low for WoD because :

1 - The people that mostly quit the game were casuals doing mostly LFR runs
    2 - LFR rewards were pure garbage
    3 - Their character saw barely any progression by tackling higher "LFR" raids because ofd the lack of set bonuses and worthwhile trinkets.
    2) LFR's main reward is seeing bosses and plot when they are actual, it hardly needs anything else. Also, HFC LFR gives you gear that is 55 ilvls better than heroics, despite needing a lot less effort to complete (at corresponding min ilvl).
    3) You could complete legendary ring questline there (only 43% bothered, despite 59% killing Archi on LFR+), it's already a big enough power up. I don't see what other progression you want to have in a failproof mode, that is supposed to show you the raid environment, not to be a proper raid difficulty.
    Why do LFR when you get better gear from Tanaan of all places? Or from doing your weekly 8 mythic dungeons?
    Because they require some effort, unlike LFR, where the only effort is not to fall asleep while running with the pack.
    Also, I don't understand, why you complain about not being overrewarded, but not about actual difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Actually they are learning from their mistakes, they tried to funnel people in normal raiding with WoD and it failed completely, I'm willing to bet the WoD's lfr was as big a cause of sub loss as anything else. I seem to remember blizzard saying one time that more people do lfr exclusively than normal/heroic/mythic put together. lfr isn't hurting anyone so let them have it

10+ Year Old Account
    no one ran mythic dungeons until they added valor, they were almost a complete fail when first released but yes, you're right about it in legion, the mythic and mythic+ dungeons being available at launch will solve this issue potentially to the point that the lfr tier won't even be worth it to the people running them. the 8 pc class hall sets may also be much better than lfr tier but i haven't seen the stats on those yet they may well end up being better
    That is a lie, as a raid pugger, a ton of people would sign up for raids, get there and be in only mythic dungeon gear. They were usually bad at the game, and unfortunatly kicked after a few pulls. but for people who actually knew fights and they were alts in mythic dungeon gear. Hell yeah people did them.

Deleted
    Since it seems people missed the info somehow, per-iLvl power increase is WAY lower than in WoD. This means that if we raiders are unlucky with drops, most guilds WILL force us to run LFR cuz set bonuses ARE that powerful straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Lol Blizzard caves in to forum QQ once again.
    after they caved in to forum QQ to take tier out of LFR..

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    That is a lie, as a raid pugger, a ton of people would sign up for raids, get there and be in only mythic dungeon gear. They were usually bad at the game, and unfortunatly kicked after a few pulls. but for people who actually knew fights and they were alts in mythic dungeon gear. Hell yeah people did them.
    People did them but they were nowhere near as popular as they currently are with the warforged system in there now. I remember when they came out i tried doing them on an alt mage and had trouble finding groups for a week straight until i finally gave up on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing missing is you telling us you'll cancel your subscription
    I'm not one of those people at all. 99% of the time I'm defending Blizzard and their decisions. I think they're one of, if not the best company in the world of gaming. But I don't stand by their dumb decisions. And I haven't been subbed since November, haven't played seriously in a year. I do plan on coming back soon though to wrap up WoD and to see the Legion patch. But this shit is BAD for the game. When people start saying "What's the point?", there's a big problem. Numbers are boring. Nobody that puts in the time to raid harder content wants higher numbers only. They want to feel like they earned something special. Not a recolor and some stats.

At the end of the day, when the game's numbers are still dwindling, they'll have to revert back or risk losing everything anyways. I do not believe this is what the majority wants. So many big time streamers want hardcore WoW back so this type of shit is just adding fuel to the fire. Maybe this is all part of a bigger plan to add their "pristine servers". Who knows.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulthar View Post
    after they caved in to forum QQ to take tier out of LFR..
    Why do people honestly think WoD's problem was removing tier from LFR. Everyone got fucked in wod dude, stop blaming raiding. What would you rather have, meaningful world content and dungeons, or LFR. Just, let's all agree WoD was shit, and stop acting like blizzard was catering to raiders, they weren't. they just half assed WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedetasticGames View Post
    Since it seems people missed the info somehow, per-iLvl power increase is WAY lower than in WoD. This means that if we raiders are unlucky with drops, most guilds WILL force us to run LFR cuz set bonuses ARE that powerful straight up.
    Just like they "forced" you to do lfr in WoD for the legendary?

10+ Year Old Account
    People did them but they were nowhere near as popular as they currently are with the warforged system in there now. I remember when they came out i tried doing them on an alt mage and had trouble finding groups for a week straight until i finally gave up on it
    they improved it, that's good. But this is taking all that work and flushing it down the drain way I see it now.