Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

I think leveling should be slow.

If leveling were very fast, there must be more dailies at level cap.

That's why so many people quit this game, as infinite dailies are just too boring. Infinite Dailies are not as fun as leveling.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2016-05-26 at 05:21 AM.

Many people enjoy different things in the game. I play for endgame, leveling is just an obstacle to me.

I think you'll find different people have very different opinions about how fun levelling is.

The community can't agree on this, which is why the game is a kind of compromise right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post

That's why so many people quit this game, as infinite dailies are just too boring. Infinite Dailies are not as fun as leveling.
    Well I guess Legion, with the scaling zones will fix this for those of you who like to quest. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    Well I guess Legion, with the scaling zones will fix this for those of you who like to quest. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    For all of 5 minutes while you're doing the levelling 100-110 content. It doesn't cover any of the older content which is the main problem that these recent changes have been trying to address, and which are the major issues with the game as it stands.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I agree very much. I enjoy the leveling and questing in WoW. I really hate end game tbh. I'm not a raider. I'm in it for the lore and fun of questing.

I have an equally valid reason on why people quit this game, it's reading the aids that you just posted. What you just said is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

So you want it to take months to get to level 110?
    Yeah that keep people playing /sarcasm
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    So you want it to take months to get to level 110?
    Yeah that keep people playing /sarcasm
    1-60 did quite a bit more for player retention than 1-100 has.

10+ Year Old Account

First, what infinite dailies? Oh, you mean the 1 apexis daily we got at launch and 3 (or 4?) we get in Tanaan? That's sure infinite.
    Also, how slow are we talking about? You can't expect people to take days and days of /played time to get to max level and stay subbed. Being able to level fast provides for a catchup to play with people you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    1-60 did quite a bit more for player retention than 1-100 has.
    I think Blizzard said that most players didn't reach level 10 back in vanilla. So player retention already was an issue.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I think Blizzard said that most players didn't reach level 10 back in vanilla. So player retention already was an issue.
    And yet somehow people kept playing, since the numbers were steadily growing.

Slow leveling is a good thing in an RPG game, you grow attached to the character you spend so much time building up and upgrading. That's also why old talent system made the game better - with every level you made your char stronger, even slightly, sometimes with massive upgrades. When you finally reached the end game, it was an extension to your leveling experiance, not a replacement that made the previous stage invalid.

If the "wish" of many would be granted, and all this pesky leveling and such was scrapped WoW could essentially become a lobby game, where you pick your content (BG, raid, dungeon, world quest) and play. And if there is anything that could drive players away from an RPG, it's this kind of gameplay. WoD failed mainly because players didn't want to just sit idly and hop between instanced content every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Because the game got more and more accessible and player-friendly. Mind blown, huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because more player joined than were leaving and because WoW was the most casual MMO available on the market. Let's stop beating that dead horse, please.

Slow leveling is a good thing in an RPG game, you grow attached to the character you spend so much time building up and upgrading. That's also why old talent system made the game better - with every level you made your char stronger, even slightly, sometimes with massive upgrades. When you finally reached the end game, it was an extension to your leveling experiance, not a replacement that made the previous stage invalid.
    RPG, yes. In the case of WoW however, going through vanilla and 5 expansions cannot absolutely be done at a slow speed or the new players will never catch up with the older players (or, more likely, quit before that).

If the "wish" of many would be granted, and all this pesky leveling and such was scrapped WoW could essentially become a lobby game, where you pick your content (BG, raid, dungeon, world quest) and play. And if there is anything that could drive players away from an RPG, it's this kind of gameplay. WoD failed mainly because players didn't want to just sit idly and hop between instanced content every week.
    WoD failed chiefly because players outside of raids were provided with zero meaningful content and were shown (once more) that they are second-class players for Blizzard. There are other reasons, of course, but this one stands out imo.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    RPG, yes. In the case of WoW however, going through vanilla and 5 expansions cannot absolutely be done at a slow speed or the new players will never catch up with the older players (or, more likely, quit before that).
    Yeah, can't be too slow, but can't be too fast either. Right now Blizzard is changing it, and for the better - it will give you this attachment to the game if you spend more time getting to max level. But obviously leveling should be sped up - 1-110 should take as much time as 1-60 did in vanilla. Which still means way more time.

I still think it's pointless without meaningful ways of improving your character during the leveling experiance. Loot is just "grab and replace in a few levels", current talent trees give you something only every 15 levels - and sometimes it's just a cc talent you don't care about. Making some simple talent trees just for leveling would help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    For all of 5 minutes while you're doing the levelling 100-110 content. It doesn't cover any of the older content which is the main problem that these recent changes have been trying to address, and which are the major issues with the game as it stands.
    No one wants to do the old content anymore.

So would it be more fun having to do twice the amount of quests in the same area on your way from 100 to 110 ? Personally I'd disagree there ^

10+ Year Old Account

they are making leveling slower. it was in one of the dev posts. they're trying to pace leveling. they made leveling faster so that people can catch up with friends faster but now with level boosts (and a free one when buying Legion), people can do that so they are going to restructure exp gain to make leveling slower.

infinite dailies that are repetitive are not fun. adding variety would be more fun. that's why i am excited for world quests. sounds like a better alternative to regular daily grinding.

- - - Updated - - -

I still think it's pointless without meaningful ways of improving your character during the leveling experiance. Loot is just "grab and replace in a few levels", current talent trees give you something only every 15 levels - and sometimes it's just a cc talent you don't care about. Making some simple talent trees just for leveling would help.
    Couldn't agree more. One thing that was exciting in vanilla while leveling was the fact that after gaining a level you got a talent point and maybe a couple of new skills or a better version of a spell you already have. It was tedious but it made me look forward to getting the next level. Now we barely get anything as we progress through the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think it should be faster than it is now

I love running through all the old dungeons. I would not mind if leveling was slower if you received more abilities at a lower level. If I received all my class abilities at level 15, I would very much enjoy slow leveling. Leveling to get all your abilities is a drag though. Its better to get all your abilities at a low level so that you can actually practice using those abilities for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy the leveling process more than the final game, but we're talking 110 levels at this point. And the fact that a few of the expansions have been based on that particular expansion's level cap, leveling through them is going to be strange, especially for new people. Imagine a new playing hitting WoD, spending the money on the garrison thinking it'll be useful, only to find out it's a huge gold sink and it doesn't do shit anymore because Blizzard nerfed it to the ground, and it's absolutely pointless in Legion.

I'm actually quite bristled at the fact that they're nerfing dungeon experience EVEN MORE. They're already not worth running beyond the first run to do the quests. Why don't you just turn off experience in dungeons all together at this point? Fuck. It was nice when we had a choice, either quest or dungeon, and they leveled at about the same speed. Dungeons could be faster depending on your class and spec obviously. Is that such a fucking crime? I'd wager far more people do the quests than the dungeons, so it's not like it's a bunch of wasted resources. Except dungeons will be, if they keep nerfing the exp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.