Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

A guild I was in for seven years disbanded today

Unfortunaly a chick destroyed our guild from the inside with bitching and passive aggressiveness.

The problem began when she started wanting to raid after beginning a long distance relationship with an officer of the guild. She actually demanded people say hello to her when she logged in and expected to get by with poor game play plus flirting.

He bugged everyone, all the time, about her and how she needed to be made a raider. She would fuck up on such a consitent basis, that you believe she did it on purpose.

The whole guild fell apart. I look back and wonder what I could have done to prevent this.

Have any of you dealt with similar behavior?

Deleted
    I just logged into an old guild called ''Scottish Bravehearts'' and noone had logged in for 8 years, wonder what happened.

And nope hasn't happened to me but sounds fucking terrible.

One single chick "destroyed your guild"? Sounds more like a bunch of chumps to me. It's amazing how guys manage to be the worst clowns possible and then when everything goes down the shitter, it's the chick who did it. Well how was she even able to? Happens in real life all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    Unfortunaly a chick destroyed our guild from the inside with bitching and passive aggressiveness.

The problem began when she started wanting to raid after beginning a long distance relationship with an officer of the guild. She actually demanded people say hello to her when she logged in and expected to get by with poor game play plus flirting.

He bugged everyone, all the time, about her and how she needed to be made a raider. She would fuck up on such a consitent basis, that you believe she did it on purpose.

The whole guild fell apart. I look back and wonder what I could have done to prevent this.

Yes, i usually avoid guild with girls unless they are married and/or are married

15+ Year Old Account
    We had something similar happen to our TBC guild. Basically had been raiding for the end of TBC (think a year or so) with a guild where the guild master was the raid leader. Then WotLK came out and the guild master was no where to be seen so an officer started to raid lead instead. Then halfway through Ulduar or so the leader came back and started to bitch and stuff. Think she also disbanded the guild all together since we ended up created a new guild. We were Crusaders Requiem but the new guild was CR, disliked that namechange

Kick her from the guild if she doesnt cool down, demote/kick that officer if he whines about it.

your gm should have grew a pair and kick the officer and that bitch out of the guild

Ran a competitive sponsored guild back in vanilla and we ran into something similar. 3 of my top officers (also RL friends) were infatuated with one of the female raiders. Whenever someone had any criticism of her, they'd flip the fuck out, which was often because she was terrible. Always OOM, always standing in fire, it was always everyone elses fault. I don't mind people fucking up, IF they take responsibility for it (which she never did). The guys were some of the top on the server, but holy shit they went pure apeshit whenever she logged on. They knew how good they were and thought that made up for carrying her (meanwhile they wanted to cut anyone else who was fucking up). They'd bend all the rules for her, and she took full advantage of it. White knighting at its finest.

She started influencing guild decisions, and since I made decisions based on council between 6 officers (with me as the GM being the final vote), we started to clash hard. It was inevitable, we all saw it coming, but we stuck around because we were the best guild at the time.

We pushed through with top AQ kills, but when Naxx was released egos eventually boiled over. They wanted to go to ZG (because she needed to finish her robe) despite us having a scheduled raid. Those 4 gquit on the spot, half the guild went with them since they were actively recruiting from within before they quit.

Their guild imploded shortly after since she kept getting loot defaulted to her. My half took a break and pushed into TBC, but my hardcore raiding days were done.

So much drama
    Last edited by Bathory; 2016-05-27 at 12:19 AM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

nothing, sounds like a weak guild if they let 2 people get to them.

we had an officer/raid leader in early wod, a lot of people hated him or disliked his raid leading style, so we basically said nope we want you gone and he went, even if he refused, we would just raid without that person.

you could just get everyone to put the girl on ignore or request the guild master to kick the officer and continue raiding without that 1 person.

If a player feels the need to chatter incessantly and mention how they are in fact female; save yourself the hassle and gquit. Most of those types are terrible players and try to stay in the guild by flirting.

I currently have 3 females on my raid team and guess what? They shut up and do their jobs. They are good players.

Learn the warning signs and save yourself from headaches and drama.

Sounds like a bunch of hormonal teenagers thinking with their dicks killed the guild - not the chick.

Reflect on that.

Sadly, most of guild disbanding issues I've had in guilds have been because of a woman. 2 different guilds I have ran broke because of a woman even. Not saying woman are the problem, but there is definitely some woman out there that make everyone's life a living hell in guilds somehow forcing people to take sides, and to make it worse instead of everyone agreeing to just kicking her, it splits the guild. Granted, it could of been the guys fault that fall so easily for these chicks. The weird part is these woman were actually really awesome people...... till the relationship begins with someone.
    Last edited by Eliseus; 2016-05-26 at 06:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I've seen this happen. You can't just blame the girl though, her enablers are just as bad.

This almost happened to my guild. We had a fight between two tough, type-A personalities that just hated each other. The one that started the fight left and took one of officers and top DPS with her. That sucks but we're way better off for it. They've sense asked if they could come back but that is not going to happen now that I am GM.

This is one of the many reasons I like LFR more than raiding.

Deleted

I'm sorry, but it does not seem like your guild had competent leadership or was based on healthy values if a romance between a social member and a raiding officer was allowed to escalate to a point that led to disbanding.

Sometimes guilds that mix "social players" and "raiders" end up in these types of problems, especially if goals and cross-over rules are not clearly defined - you didn't really mention that, but I'm assuming there was some sort of "raid trial" - most sane raiding guilds have a policy like that.

You should have provided feedback and pointed out the problems (with appropriate log sections as supporting evidence) during her trial and voted against her promotion (if you had a voting system).
    After it became apparent that she was not good enough to be in the raiding group you should have continued with your feedback - and perhaps even gotten a third-party opinion (by posting logs to site like MMOC raiding forums, asking for help).

But it really sounds like the foundation of the guild wasn't very good.

Make your own guild. Raiding is something I require people to qualify for by proving themselves in pugs/tryouts. No freebies, if you don't have the gear/skill/supplies you get the ax. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    I'm sorry, but it does not seem like your guild had competent leadership or was based on healthy values if a romance between a social member and a raiding officer was allowed to escalate to a point that led to disbanding.

Sometimes guilds that mix "social players" and "raiders" end up in these types of problems, especially if goals and cross-over rules are not clearly defined - you didn't really mention that, but I'm assuming there was some sort of "raid trial" - most sane raiding guilds have a policy like that.

You should have provided feedback and pointed out the problems (with appropriate log sections as supporting evidence) during her trial and voted against her promotion (if you had a voting system).
    After it became apparent that she was not good enough to be in the raiding group you should have continued with your feedback - and perhaps even gotten a third-party opinion (by posting logs to site like MMOC raiding forums, asking for help).

But it really sounds like the foundation of the guild wasn't very good.
    I didn't even know there are things like social players. This is the first time I've ever heard this.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Yes, i usually avoid guild with girls unless they are married and/or are married
    It's okay, I usually avoid guilds with misogynist jerks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    I didn't even know there are things like social players. This is the first time I've ever heard this.
    Players who don't raid, but want to belong to a guild.

Never recruit "socials". Never ever recruit girl "socials". Never ever ever get in a relationship with girl "socials".

Your guild failed on all three counts, sorry.