Thread: Mafia #70: D&D

Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KurenaiXIII View Post
    If you think 'won last game' is a valid reason for a day 1 lynch, then I think you're fucked in the head.

If you think 'lower poster, obviously lurker', then also, fucked in the head, why don't you vote Arialla every day?

I think you're full of bullshit.
    There's no need to resort to insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I put my vote on Kurenai for the fact of progressing a train. I didn't like the fact the only discussion that happened after I spoke before going to bed was still about lurking and bullshit. We got no nothing, claim or anything. NANYA!

Hence

Vote: Kurenai

business is not finished.
    To address this further: if the train on me had been led by 'explain this action, or I saw you doing this last night, etc. etc. etc.', and the pressure grew that big, I would claim. But I'm not gonna claim when votes on me are 'lol he's a lurker' when I was more active than about half the players in this thread and people who are -far- more notorious than me for checking out until D4 or even just showing up as little as possible skate the fuck by.

Kousoku of The Blueberry Brigade @ Uther | Mafia Record: T: 3/6 M: 4/5 SK: 0/1

If you think 'won last game' is a valid reason for a day 1 lynch, then I think you're fucked in the head..
    Then what is a valid reason for a day 1 lynch? Because that's as good as any, let's be honest. People that win last game and played out to the last day got a full game play, not our fucking fault you AFK'd the entire game and didn't participate much. Same applies to giving people a freebie day 1 if they died day/night 1 last game, they basically didn't get to play so as a community we like to offer them the chance to get a bit more of a game next time around.

Bah bah bah mæh

BAHHHH!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think 'won last game' is a valid reason for a day 1 lynch, then I think you're fucked in the head.

If you think 'lower poster, obviously lurker', then also, fucked in the head, why don't you vote Arialla every day?

I think you're full of bullshit.
    I actually do vote Arialla a lot on day 1, ask Arialla I'm sure he can attest to that. I'm trying to lay off a bit on him because I felt bad for it.
    And maybe not one of those reasons alone but the 3 combined, 1 being the survived late game a lot recently that you left out, were a fine enough reason for a day 1 lynch when every other vote was random, sheeping or joking.

Catta pulling the "spam sheep images" tactic that I used like two years ago...

Can't remember if I was scum that game, I wonder..

7+ Year Old Account
    Spamming sheep images is a tactic?
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

10+ Year Old Account
    To address this further: if the train on me had been led by 'explain this action, or I saw you doing this last night, etc. etc. etc.', and the pressure grew that big, I would claim. But I'm not gonna claim when votes on me are 'lol he's a lurker' when I was more active than about half the players in this thread and people who are -far- more notorious than me for checking out until D4 or even just showing up as little as possible skate the fuck by.
    It's day 1. People have been lynched on day 1 before for jokes. You're not going to get a much better reason than that on day 1 until there are claims to assess (which your refused) or someone says something suspicious which can't exactly be relied on for day 1 and when that is the reason often ends up being wrong anyway since it's day 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senna1251 View Post
    Good morning everyone.

Speaking up for me, I was personally gut-feeling that Listo was town, but I didn't have anything to back it up, and I could have been horribly wrong. I did the only thing I could do, which was try to re-instigate the Kurenai train for a lynch.

Now, that being said, moving on. We have an early Kurenai train going, which is understandable in that Listo flipped town. However, I'm gut-feeling that Kurenai is also town, because Kurenai and Listo have been neck and neck in the vote counts for a long time. That sounds to me more like we have two town targets and scum are spreading their votes between the two because they don't care if either one (or no one) is lynched. Remember, both Listo and Kurenai had an interesting string of rapid votes on them.

So I'm not going to vote on Kurenai for now. I'm not sure I like the Anakso vote either. There are two interesting groups to me to look at for today.

First group: Those that did not vote on a main train, because the lynch almost did not happen.
    Largehorn voted Anakso
    Robo voted Catta
    Valyrian voted lulz

Second group: Those that argued that Listo's claim was inherently scummy (specifically, argued that the spells that Listo had were anti-town so must be scum)
    Jynx-voted after Listo claim
    Dendrek-was most obvious arguer
    Celtic-voted after Listo claim
    Dranx
    Razamith-in post #269 said was wary of anyone who thought Listo was town after the claim
    Monkz-this one is kinda weak because I'm gathering that Monkz kept his vote on Listo due to Listo's reactions not just the claim, but then he argued later that the claim is scummy

I think any of these are interesting targets to start with.

Vote: Robozerim

Because your quietness is unsettling to me. I was expecting a little more activity from you than what we've seen, and you were conspicuously absent during the later half of yesterday.
    Yeah, I wasn't around for the second half of the day. It was day one, I had lots of Overwatch to play, I had work to do, I didn't feel like bothering with day 1, insert other random excuses here. I admit I haven't even read half of that day yet. I'll get around to it after I get back from work today, which I leave for in half an hour, if for no more reason than to take notes on all the votes from that day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Catta pulling the "spam sheep images" tactic that I used like two years ago...

Can't remember if I was scum that game, I wonder..
    I remember that. Fun times.

- - - Updated - - -

Spamming sheep images is a tactic?
    She was basically calling everybody sheep by spamming sheep images when votes weren't going the way she wanted them to. It might have been one of the reasons I took a sheep avatar. It was as a way of saying "I don't care if you call me a sheep".

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I think I'll leave in a few minutes. I haven't gotten enough exercise lately (Overwatch again is to blame for that) so I think I'll walk to work today. Plus, it was supposed to be my day off, which is when I'd normally go for a walk, but they asked me to come in for a couple hours because they got several large reservations this afternoon.

Is there any chance catta IS turned into a sheep first 24 hours, similar/same as listo's ability? Then get permission by mod to only post sheep talk? Even if yes it doesn't necessarily tell us anything just weird.
    Edit: It would tell us xanjori is almost definitely behind it, regardless of either of their alignments. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Is there any chance catta IS turned into a sheep first 24 hours, similar/same as listo's ability? Then get permission by mod to only post sheep talk? Even if yes it doesn't necessarily tell us anything just weird.
    I think it's quite possible. There's not a lot of votes out yet to really be calling anybody sheep for things not going the way he wants. That and I'm not sure he'd be the kind of player to do that to begin with. Having multiples of the same role seems very plausible.

With that last bit, I'm off! Later, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Took the words right out my mouth....
    /10 characters

7+ Year Old Account
    @Razamith I would say go ahead and release the information unless you think it would endanger tprs too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Vote: Kurenai

I didn't like the heavy defence of Kurenai yesterday. Or the sudden shift in votes away from him in favour of Listo. Unlike Kurenai Listo actually claimed and contrary to what some people are making out his abilities fit what I'd expect of a joint Reticence and Danner game. I have a feeling that Kurenai may be scum - one with a fair number of useful abilities that his team don't want to lose out on.
    There's something about this post that feels off to me, and I'm not sure what it is, but I'm going to question Graeham anyway.

1) Can you point out some examples of "heavy defence" of Kurenai?
    2) What makes you think that Kurenai is power role scum?
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    /10 characters
    -2 shame penalty to rolls for Razamith
    -.-

There's no need to resort to insults.
    I don't know about that, pretty sure the Bull you're elbow deep in in an attempt to findl more crap out of to fling at Kur would have a few things to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    I don't know about that, pretty sure the Bull you're elbow deep in in an attempt to findl more crap out of to fling at Kur would have a few things to say.
    I'd like to think I've been pretty consistent when it comes to wanting people to not fling insults at each other in these games no matter my alignment...

- - - Updated - - -

@Razamith

There's something about this post that feels off to me, and I'm not sure what it is, but I'm going to question Graeham anyway.

1) Can you point out some examples of "heavy defence" of Kurenai?
    2) What makes you think that Kurenai is power role scum?
    For the former question I simply find it odd that Listo claimed and still ended up getting lynched whilst Kurenai got a free pass. It feels very much like the situation with Dupti in the recent game when he was scum and it made a lot of sense to lynch him but scum kept him along for as long as possible. So that ties in with your second question, I suppose. Consider it a hunch.

I may be wrong, of course - but honestly I'd rather not have every future day phase overshadowed by the inevitable doubt that will be cast on Kurenai. I'd also urge people to be very cautious when it comes to their reads on me because...well, not to brag but people have read me as town whilst I'm scum and scum whilst I'm town.

So for lore:
    A 'gibbering orblet' most likely an arcane spell "Arcane Eye" that functions similar to WoW's "eye of kilrogg", a floating watching/seeing eye. While usually invisible and simply sends visual information, it isn't a far stretch to fit to game mechanics. It could also be a beholder, a thoroughly evil floating eye creature that can cast spells, but I'd expect the description to be different. Of course it could be something else entirely.
    A 'pseudodragon' is a tiny dragon-like creature usually a wizard familiar (a magical pet) that can sometimes cast their spells for them, attack/defend, or gather info. In D&D universe a pseudodragon is usually always good aligned, but A) it changed to neutral in one specific version and B) we cant take anything for granted here.

Neither of these are big reveals or more than what was likely assumed, but there you go.

------

I'd like to know from Kurenai who you think is being disingenuous/manipulating vs who you just disagree/angry with.

I'm scum

He said it!!! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    She was basically calling everybody sheep by spamming sheep images when votes weren't going the way she wanted them to. It might have been one of the reasons I took a sheep avatar. It was as a way of saying "I don't care if you call me a sheep".
    Yeah, it's a way to tell people "you're sheep unless you sheep my vote"
    Sadly it's the kind of logic that usually only works once

Deleted
    Generally from at least my personal experience, when we end up with relatively tight day 1 votes it usually means we had a scum on the chopping block thus motivating the scum to use their votes to defend a team mate when in other situations they might have played more passively letting day 1 drift to a no lynch or a pile on one random person. That being said there's certainly a case for pushing Kurenai to shine more light on day 1, the problem though is that if he flips town not only do we get a mislynch today, but we have limited information to act on since the scum would have been largely indifferent to who got lynched day 1.

The other thing that springs to mind is that at the middish point in the day 1 we had Catta,Listo and Kurenai relatively close in votes, I would have said with modified majority in play the best way to disrupt the town would be to try and keep all 3 pushed in hopes of it petering out to a no lynch or a rush onto one person at the day end. So I find it a little bit interesting that Kurenai and Listo trains grew fairly evenly but the Catta train pretty much stopped dead. If you consider none of the trains had a lot of real merit as is always the case on day 1 its worth considering if the reason the train that doesn't grow is because it has the advantage of teammates who will steer clear of it.

The other thing that stood out to me was Dendrek's reaction to Listo's claim, I'm not going to particularly hold it against people which way they lent on the scummyness of the claim, I made it clear my thoughts at the time, but it surprised me how incredibly sure he was it was scum going as far as to say "So you've just confirmed you're scum". I don't think I'm ever 100% sure about anything in this game, I'd have put Listo at maybe 60-70% scum when I saw the claim, so it surprised me to see someone who is usually so thoughtful be so aggressive in pushing it once he saw the claim.

Right now I lean towards voting either Catta or Kurenai, trouble with Catta is I don't really base it on anything he has done but more how others acted towards his train. Kurenai I'd like to know what you think about the voters on you yesterday, specifically that stream of 6 in a row from #153