Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Oh, I've played a fair bit of Lucio, and I keep trying Mercy. I don't REFUSE to play support. Symmetra I realize has a lot of strength, but she's also not a healer; her small shields are a great supplement to healing, but not a replacement for it IMO. I'm sure there'll be a defense game with a healer already plugged in where I'll go Symmetra.

I'm not denying that support is an absolutely critical role. I'm just explaining why I personally don't like it. I don't even like sniping that much. I'm generally fairly aggressive and forward-playing, which is why I generally prefer Lucio when I do play support.
    You're right about Sym not being a healer. I have to tell the team to pick a healer all the time when I pick Sym. But her portal and the turrets really make most defense missions a lot easier. Heck, I (and the team, once they catch on to the idea) stop any advance at the first choke point for the rest of the game. It is a bit cheesy and thus boring, I admit. But as long as there are bad snipers in the game, I'll cheese as much as I can. If they don't want to push but rather snipe across the map with Widowmaker/Hanzo, good luck to them ever seeing the first checkpoint.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Frustrated by how the game favors "area of effect" damage dealers by a huge margin, especially when it comes to ultimates...4 people at full health, I give them on top of being full health a shield of my ultimate as some healers ultimate...and still all 4 people got oneshotted by that roadhogs tire...fucking ridiculous.
    Junkrat's RIPtire should never hit you if you're paying attention because it has 100HP and most JRs aren't sneaky with it. When you're playing against good people it's actually a challenge to get off a good tire.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    mercy has a self heal?? i know mercy has a gun, i just dont like playing her
    Yeah, it kicks in after a short while. And you can heal yourself if you left-click without having a teammate nearby. I think. Not entirely sure if that's actual heal or just her self heal. But she certainly heals up somehow.

Edit: Nevermind about the active self healing, it's just the passive self heal kicking in after 2 seconds of not receiving damage. Just tested it on the target range.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Great. A bit worried about the toxicity. For now it is ok compared to MOBA games. I do not see to many insults but still they exist.

What do you think guys?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Junkrat's RIPtire should never hit you if you're paying attention because it has 100HP and most JRs aren't sneaky with it. When you're playing against good people it's actually a challenge to get off a good tire.
    its frustrating playing as junkrat sometimes because of this, a s76, dva, tracer or anyone else with a fast shooting gun can usually shoot his tire before it does anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nihila View Post
    Great. A bit worried about the toxicity. For now it is ok compared to MOBA games. I do not see to many insults but still they exist.

What do you think guys?
    I'm being proactive about using the "avoid this player" feature, but I've been driven to use it a grand total of twice since launch. And even then, they weren't toxic; one dude called me a "tard" because I went for the objective as Reinhardt rather than being his personal shieldbot while he dueled randoms for no reason, and another was just constantly muttering nonsense into his mike (not another language; he was muttering nonsense in English, talking to himself).

Not really seeing much toxicity. Not even remotely close to what I say in LoL.

Deleted

What do you think guys?
    i saw a fair bit of flaming on the first day or 2 of release, now it seems not so bad. my main problem with the community is no teamplay, people not picking heroes that benefit the team and just picking what ever they want, i shouldn't expect anything more from randoms in quick match, but its still annoying.

ive used the avoid this player a few times, maybe thats why ive encountered less toxic players recently?

10+ Year Old Account
    Perfect, if you disregard the fact none wants to support/tank. Or well, very few, but in 9/10 cases, I'm forced to both tank and support, swapping indefinitely.

its frustrating playing as junkrat sometimes because of this, a s76, dva, tracer or anyone else with a fast shooting gun can usually shoot his tire before it does anything
    The trick is to go over obstacles (you know his tire can climb walls, right?) and have the tire drop on them from above. Preferably if you know where they are, of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalene View Post
    Perfect, if you disregard the fact none wants to support/tank. Or well, very few, but in 9/10 cases, I'm forced to both tank and support, swapping indefinitely.
    i see more tanking tanks than taking healers, i want to play as tracer, but 80% of games im playing lucio as no one else will heal its even more annoying when im usually one of the first people to lock in their hero, yet im still forced to change

I'm being proactive about using the "avoid this player" feature, but I've been driven to use it a grand total of twice since launch. And even then, they weren't toxic; one dude called me a "tard" because I went for the objective as Reinhardt rather than being his personal shieldbot while he dueled randoms for no reason, and another was just constantly muttering nonsense into his mike (not another language; he was muttering nonsense in English, talking to himself).

Not really seeing much toxicity. Not even remotely close to what I say in LoL.
    He probably wasn't aware of his mic being open.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The trick is to go over obstacles (you know his tire can climb walls, right?) and have the tire drop on them from above. Preferably if you know where they are, of course.
    yeah, someone told me about this yesterday (may have been you?) before that i had no idea, and i keep forgetting about it until after ive used it

- - - Updated - - -

this game has voice chat??? i don't think ive heard a single person talk yet haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, probably, but it's not a "report this player for abuse" feature, it's a "don't make me play with that guy again" feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually pick a Support depending on what our team setup looks like. If we're full of a bunch of tanks or slow-moving characters, I'll go Lucio. If we have a lot of harassers and they have a couple tanks, I'll go Zenyatta.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

yeah, someone told me about this yesterday (may have been you?) before that i had no idea, and i keep forgetting about it until after ive used it

- - - Updated - - -

this game has voice chat??? i don't think ive heard a single person talk yet haha
    Wasn't me.

Yeah, I've heard it in the beta a few times. But most people don't use it. Understandably in Europe when only one country out of 27 speaks the lingua franca English. Most others are probably unable or too self-conscious about speaking English.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, probably, but it's not a "report this player for abuse" feature, it's a "don't make me play with that guy again" feature.
    You could have informed him about that mishap. Instead, he'll forever mumble to random people until literally the entire NA side has him on avoid and his queue lasts like 2 hours or until his mates log in.

You're an evil bastard.

Deleted
    What's hilarious though is that people are getting all pissy about how everyone isn't the world's best player on their team. I mean, it's been out for five days now. I'm at level 21 with 14 hours played. In all honesty, you can't expect someone to know the game before they hit at least the 100 hour mark. Whining and bitching before that is just dumb as hell.

I mean, quite frankly 100 hours is absolutely nothing. Look at WoW, and look at how bad people are with their classes even after 100 days /played. That's 2400 hours.

But no. Everyone should be so fucking amazing at this game after 10, 20, 30 hours of playing. So stupid.

Oh, and a big part of that 30 hours of playing is spent in a loading screen, character selection screen or looking at some completely asinine and irrelevant plays of the game or commendation screens.

I'm the same way. I'll freely play tank (just bought a legendary skin for Reinhardt with credits), but I loathe playing Support. Mercy feels super-squishy, and unless my teammates are around, no mobility. Lucio has mobility and self-healing, but little playmaking ability IME outside of his ult, or the VERY occasional time he catches someone right at a cliff, for his knockback. The rest of the time, he feels like I'm providing a passive heals and occasional annoyance, which I just don't find "fun". Symmetra's not really a healer, and I tend to avoid healing unless NOBODY else will play support. And Zenyatta's just super flimsy.

I'm not crapping on them; this is all subjective to how I feel when I play them. I <3 people who play support. I just can't get into it, for whatever reason.
    Hmm, when I play Lucio I've found that his quickness lets me get in a lot of surprise kills with a few quick melee's. Plus his sound waves go right through shields so he can really weaken anyone that is relying on them before they get to you. He definitely has his counters though, Reaper always seems to eat me alive when I'm Lucio because I can't do anything to him while he's in wraith walk then shotguns to the face usually end me.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    What's hilarious though is that people are getting all pissy about how everyone isn't the world's best player on their team. I mean, it's been out for five days now. I'm at level 21 with 14 hours played. In all honesty, you can't expect someone to know the game before they hit at least the 100 hour mark. Whining and bitching before that is just dumb as hell.

I mean, quite frankly 100 hours is absolutely nothing. Look at WoW, and look at how bad people are with their classes even after 100 days /played. That's 2400 hours.

But no. Everyone should be so fucking amazing at this game after 10, 20, 30 hours of playing. So stupid.
    i havent seen that many people complaining on these forums about bad players

Deleted
    i havent seen that many people complaining on these forums about bad players
    No but in game. And there have been some on the forums too.

What do you think guys?
    I can only think of two or three people who have been asshats, and even then it really hasn't been that bad. One of them only did it as he ragequit the team (big man there, hurling an insult before leaving), one of them was whining about the healer and promptly shut up when told he could play one himself if he was unhappy with the heals, and the third was a guy who just wouldn't stop complaining about the group comp. Like I get it, but you're in a PUG. If you want the group comp to be better, play what the group needs yourself.

i see more tanking tanks than taking healers
    Agree, I rarely have a group with no tank but having one with no support is pretty common.

A lot of times I fill in as whatever the team needs, but I admit that there are other games where I just say fuck it and play what I want. There are five other people who can switch heroes to fix the group comp too; my view is that it doesn't need to be me all the time.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God