10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    The gear from world quests jump as you hit that Ilvl bracket. Starts at 810+, then when you hit 810, jumps to 825+, then at 825 jumps to 835.
    Sweet didn't even know that.
    Basically a complementary/alternate gearing path to dungeons.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Am i taking crazy pills or does the crash lightning dot talent buff Stormstrikes chance to proc resets? I know it could be purely coincidental given the relatively short duration of my boss dummy tests but in every single on of them i seem to be getting more resets over a given test duration when including the ground effect crash lightning rotationally. I noticed this on alpha when levelling to 110 and i notice it now on L110 pvp chars.

WTB working Sims plz. I am shit at dummy bashing TC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Am i taking crazy pills or does the crash lightning dot talent buff Stormstrikes chance to proc resets? I know it could be purely coincidental given the relatively short duration of my boss dummy tests but in every single on of them i seem to be getting more resets over a given test duration when including the ground effect crash lightning rotationally. I noticed this on alpha when levelling to 110 and i notice it now on L110 pvp chars.

WTB working Sims plz. I am shit at dummy bashing TC.
    Tested it on Bossdummys for about 5 minutes, 2 fights. 1 time with Crashing Storm and 1 time with Hailstorm. Tested it on the Boss Dummys in OG's Valley of Honor. Trinkets had no proccs on them, only agility + mastery. 43% Mastery. Dont have enough time right now to do more tests unfortunately.

Had about 3 more Storm Strike hits. Its either a thing with Crashing Storm increasing the procc chance which might be because of the AoE field, which would be a bug actually since only attacks with our mainhand have a chance to procc Stormbringer. I personally feel like it has something to do with the usage of Crash Lightning in itself. I think it counts as a melee attack, even though you can use it without standing near a target I guess? I'm also pretty sure I missed 1 or 2 Storm Strikes because of back to back proccs and an early procc in the beginning which can happen unfortunately.

On a sidenote: Crashing Storm is one hell of a dps gain over Hailstorm in my short testing. If my Skada on beta is correct, its about 5 - 7k more dps than hailstorm currently. Maybe I had a bit more critluck, could also be a reason why its that high. Overall Hailstorm only did 1,5 mil damage, Frostbrand in itself did about 942k in about 5 minutes while Crash Lightning did 2,5 mil and Crashing Storm did another 3,4 mil to that.

Edit: Wordup correct me on some things if I'm wrong please. Always happy to learn some more stuff about theorycrafting etc., since I'm horrible at that stuff.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2016-05-27 at 03:26 PM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Tested it on Bossdummys for about 5 minutes, 2 fights. 1 time with Crashing Storm and 1 time with Hailstorm. Tested it on the Boss Dummys in OG's Valley of Honor. Trinkets had no proccs on them, only agility + mastery. 43% Mastery. Dont have enough time right now to do more tests unfortunately.

Had about 3 more Storm Strike hits. Its either a thing with Crashing Storm increasing the procc chance which might be because of the AoE field, which would be a bug actually since only attacks with our mainhand have a chance to procc Stormbringer. I personally feel like it has something to do with the usage of Crash Lightning in itself. I think it counts as a melee attack, even though you can use it without standing near a target I guess? I'm also pretty sure I missed 1 or 2 Storm Strikes because of back to back proccs and an early procc in the beginning which can happen unfortunately.

On a sidenote: Crashing Storm is one hell of a dps gain over Hailstorm in my short testing. If my Skada on beta is correct, its about 5 - 7k more dps than hailstorm currently. Maybe I had a bit more critluck, could also be a reason why its that high. Overall Hailstorm only did 1,5 mil damage, Frostbrand in itself did about 942k in about 5 minutes while Crash Lightning did 2,5 mil and Crashing Storm did another 3,4 mil to that.
    Weren't you hitting more than one target with CL?

I was not. The boss dummy there has no targets near it.

Edit: I'm talking about those dummys that are at the hunter trainer spot.

*tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was not. The boss dummy there has no targets near it.

Edit: I'm talking about those dummys that are at the hunter trainer spot.
    It seems odd that CL would so much more damage then, FB will need some tuning.

Agreed. Hailstorm/FB was too good in earlier builds and it deserved a nerf of course, but if it really deals that much less damage, its quite sad, considering its a pure st-dps talent. And as I've said before: Im not a 100% sure if skada is actually a 100% correct. I hope Wordup actually has some more information regarding the damage numbers on both talents.

*tips m'fedora*

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. Hailstorm/FB was too good in earlier builds and it deserved a nerf of course, but if it really deals that much less damage, its quite sad, considering its a pure st-dps talent. And as I've said before: Im not a 100% sure if skada is actually a 100% correct. I hope Wordup actually has some more information regarding the damage numbers on both talents.
    I'll test it a bit myself tonight.

Yeah do that. I also forgot to say I didnt use Doom Winds, which could put Hailstorm higher. But without it, it just seems too weak.

*tips m'fedora*

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah do that. I also forgot to say I didnt use Doom Winds, which could put Hailstorm higher. But without it, it just seems too weak.
    DW would certainly increase FB damage, but I doubt it would be by that large a margin.

Will Hailstorm be pretty much be a required talent if you get that Lava Lash legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Will Hailstorm be pretty much be a required talent if you get that Lava Lash legendary?
    I dont know to be honest. I'm not sure how it interacts with just Frostbrand in itself. It might be that you dont actually need the talent, but I cant really test it without the legendary. Otherwise I'd say yes, since you'll use frostbrand with hailstorm talented anyways and there really is no reason to use frostbrand without hailstorm besides slowing something. Currently it deals about 25k for me on beta.

Edit: keep in mind that Frostbrand also costs 20 maelstrom, while lava lash costs only 10 more and deals about 30k damage more. Its just not worth it to use without the talent, not even to dump maelstrom.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2016-05-27 at 06:33 PM.

*tips m'fedora*

Im still bummed they didnt do something more interesting with the hailstorm buff instead of just making it a second flametongue.

Just double checked wowhead and I actually missed the part where it enhances our weapon to function like the old frostbrand weapon enchant, which is just a slow with each auto attack. So yes, it absolutely works with the legendary, but its still not worth using without hailstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Im still bummed they didnt do something more interesting with the hailstorm buff instead of just making it a second flametongue.
    I would've liked some more interaction with maybe lava lash, making it into something similar to frostfire bolt from mages. Would've been cool imo. In general its just a really boring talent.

*tips m'fedora*

Looks like Arms has die by the sword as baseline and Defensive stance 20% dr/ 10% dmg done reduction talent but they no longer replace each other. So maybe there's still hope for shaman getting another defensive. As for the lacking mobility and frostbrand costing 20 malestrom, at only a 10yrd range and not even applying the slow until you auto attack the target..... I don't know.

I would've liked some more interaction with maybe lava lash, making it into something similar to frostfire bolt from mages. Would've been cool imo. In general its just a really boring talent.
    Lava Lash already has a lot going for it, though some type of "frostfire" combo that plays off of Flametongue and makes it a bit more interesting could have been nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can confirm that CL is currently doing significantly more DPS single target than Hailstorm. Like, not even remotely close, difference is around 8-10% more. Using Recount instead of Skada btw Darleth.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Can confirm that CL is currently doing significantly more DPS single target than Hailstorm. Like, not even remotely close, difference is around 8-10% more. Using Recount instead of Skada btw Darleth.
    So its about as high as mine. I had about 17% for CL/CS and 8% for FB/HS. They definitely have to up Hailstorm again or nerf Crashing Storm to make them a bit more even, considering CL will be even better with the Gathering Storms trait from Doomhammer, giving us a solid 6% damage increase on Storm Strike for just a single target it hits...

*tips m'fedora*

So its about as high as mine. I had about 17% for CL/CS and 8% for FB/HS. They definitely have to up Hailstorm again or nerf Crashing Storm to make them a bit more even, considering CL will be even better with the Gathering Storms trait from Doomhammer, giving us a solid 6% damage increase on Storm Strike for just a single target it hits...
    Whilst it's true that CS+CL is currently superior (at least from what I can gather), just comparing one against the other in how much it does is not how you establish which is better. Bear in mind that CL takes up a little over two times the globals and Maelstrom to maintain, which isn't represented solely in how much damage they each do in your breakdown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Whilst it's true that CS+CL is currently superior (at least from what I can gather), just comparing one against the other in how much it does is not how you establish which is better. Bear in mind that CL takes up a little over two times the globals and Maelstrom to maintain, which isn't represented solely in how much damage they each do in your breakdown.
    I'm talking about overall log results using either Frostbrand or CS+CL in its place. CL blows Hailstorm FB out of the water right now on single target.
    We're not using Maelstrom for anything else, ie none is getting wasted, and neither are globals. At least the way I placed it, I just weaved it in between non-proc Stormstrikes, Rockbiter upkeep and Flametongue upkeep instead of 1 LL.