Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Well of course. Bernie is trying to run for the POTUS in a Democracy - meanwhile Goldman Sachs and the Koch Brothers are in a bidding war to auction off the keys to power.

It's an auction, not an election! Silly Bernie - your hearing is getting bad in your old age!
    This post gives me great insight into the minds of people voting for Bernie. No wonder he's been doomed to loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    This post gives me great insight into the minds of people voting for Bernie. No wonder he's been doomed to loss.
    Does this post have a point? Or did you just not have an argument?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zetharl View Post
    Does this post have a point? Or did you just not have an argument?
    The one I quoted didn't have one. So, there's no need for me to bring one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm... Trump's campaign manager is a former booster for Koch brother's Prosperity for America Super PAC. While he also just hired a former Goldman Sachs partner as his campaign finance manager. As for Hillary, you don't have to look farther than her family tree to see a Goldman Sachs connection... I am unaware of Bernie having similar ties...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    You do understand he's still in the running right? Granted his chances of winning look incredibly poor as he is 770 behind with 917 left but it's not that simple. Excluding the "superdelegates" (party members who have said who they plan to vote for at the convention but are not bound by it) he is only 272 behind and based on recent performance it could very well end in a situation where he ends up with more pledged delegates than Hillary by the time the convention comes around. If sanders has more delegates but the "superdelegates" go with Hillary then that would mean that he was the voters choice but she was handed the nomination by the establishment.

Even though that would still result in her becoming the nominee it would cause quite a stir/backlash and hopefully (in the mind of Sanders and his supporters) lead to reforms which would stop the democrat establishment from rigging the nomination again. It has become a matter of principle for Sanders and his supporters.
    To have more pledged delegates he would need to win CA and NJ by margins of 65-35. That isnt' remotely likely. As such, there is basically 0 chance he goes into the convention with more delegates or votes, meaning that the superdelegates are in fact, in line with the will of the voters and that the only way for him to get the nomination would be for the establishment to rig the election away from Clinton by going insane and switching support to Sanders.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The idea that the government isn't exactly responsive to the will of the citizenry is nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Just means Hill/Trump are both chickens

Hill/Trump - still a better love story than Twilight
    Or they realize that many supporters simply give Sanders a pass on every issue where he is ignorant. Doesn't matter if he knows about the conditions of Latin America, so long as he tosses out that $15 line. Doesn't matter he is STILL clueless on how to break up the banks, so long as he wants to do it. Doesn't matter that he has give zero thought to how he would pass his agenda through Congress, so long as he is saying what we all want to here. A leprechaun in every pot a unicorn in every garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    I don't for one second think they hate each other, but at this point, it seems Bernie doesn't want to drop out because he'll disappoint his cult followers even though his chances of getting the nomination are astronomically low to impossible. Is he not thinking of the harm this can cause within the democratic party? Democrats are divided and the Republicans rally behind Trump more every day.
    Perhaps he's worried that if he drops out his cult followers would brand him a traitor and try to assassinate him. They seem rather unhinged. Wouldnt blame the guy to be afraid of them.

Deleted
    shame trump pulled out, but i guess he had more to lose than he had to gain from debating sanders. would have been an interesting debate though, but it looks very bad for trump to pull out of the debate. not that his supporters would care, that man can do no wrong to them

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad the debate didn't happen, losers don't get loser trophies in political elections.

Just because sanders base is the generation of last place trophies, doesn't mean it is going to start happening in elections.

Fyi, 538 put out some nice info about how even if it were A) All caucuses, Clinton might be further/clinched nom already. B) All open, she'd be further ahead, and C) in the two places where bernie SMASHED clinton, that were open caucuses, when there was a primary, there were 3x more votes in Washington state and she won by 8%... But in an undemocratic caucus, he wins by like 40 pts....yeahhhhhhhh but bernie bros dont mention that!

But primaries are voter suppression right? 3x the turnout in an primary vs caucus...and she wins, but gets nothing.

Sanders is the winner of the "most un-democratic races in the primary", pretty great for the person who says the system is rigged.

PS, it isn't

I've never seen Clinton supporters sooo glad for Trump!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

He made the right choice, he isn't a -complete- idiot and atleast has SOME respect for the winner of the primary.

Unlike sanders.

Sad day when you can say trump has more respect than sanders on -anything-..

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

Apparently understanding his decision now means people are happy for him.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    shame trump pulled out, but i guess he had more to lose than he had to gain from debating sanders. would have been an interesting debate though, but it looks very bad for trump to pull out of the debate. not that his supporters would care, that man can do no wrong to them
    Trump had EVERYTHING to gain from debating Bernie. By doing so, it would of made Hillary look weak which obviously helps Trump. Now, Trump seems afraid, has gone back on his word, and Hillary is chill and looking pretty.

I can't wait for Trump Presidency. Disaster of epic proportion? We shall see. One thing is for sure, it will give you so many jokes, you won't be able to take them all! I am laughing right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump had EVERYTHING to gain from debating Bernie. By doing so, it would of made Hillary look weak which obviously helps Trump. Now, Trump seems afraid, has gone back on his word, and Hillary is chill and looking pretty.
    Nah, it was all about charity, didn't you hear? Trump loves women (well the ones he can buy). Apparently now he has discovered that Bernie is a loser and who gives a beep about women!

Everything to gain by debating the loser of the other party's nomination process? That doesn't make Trump look good. It would come off as a desperate attempt for Trump to get even more air time. Sanders is the only one that is desperate here. No one is afraid of him. And Trump goes back on his word multiple times a day. This won't have any lasting impact on him. Especially since the "deal" was struck by the Sanders campaign eagerly watching Trump on late night television.

Deleted
    well, unless Trump doesn't do so well in the debate, in which he would then have just lost a debate to a guy who can't even get the democrat nomination, so how would he show his supporters that he can beat hillary if he lost to someone hillary beat? sure if he Won the debate it would have been great for him and a massive blow to Bernie, but why risk it? unless Bernie pulls out miracle he isn't going to be the nominee, so its silly to debate.

I'm surprised Trump didn't drag that game of chicken out longer though. Oh well, it would have been pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchles View Post
    Everything to gain by debating the loser of the other party's nomination process? That doesn't make Trump look good. It would come off as a desperate attempt for Trump to get even more air time. Sanders is the only one that is desperate here. No one is afraid of him. And Trump goes back on his word multiple times a day. This won't have any lasting impact on him. Especially since the "deal" was struck by the Sanders campaign eagerly watching Trump on late night television.
    When you consider that just 4-5 days ago Bernie was complaining that Hillary doesn't want to debate him before the June 7th primary?! Hell yeah it would make Trump look good and Hillary bad. Well, unless Bernie destroyed him in the debate (which was likely ). Trump did Hillary a YUGE favor.

Not really. If he lost, then he lost to the person who lost the dem primary. If he won, he only beat the runner up and not his actual opponent. He played it well. He got media attention and than got to bow out by blaming media greed and Bernies status as the loser and unworthy of his time.