Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Most Ults seem to go like this: amazing when starting, becoming horrible as people learn them (LoS or Rein's shield or genji's deflection for McRee and Soldier and DVa), become amazing again in organized play. DVa using ultimate on a team being frozen by Mei's Ult or trapped by an Icewall. Reaper's Ult after McRee flashbangs Rein's shield down. It's a cooperative game, and enhanced so much when people can coordinate things and improve plays a lot more than just having a standard DVa Ult to chase people off an attack/defense point.

It's more for an area clearance than to actually kill people... it literally forces all enemies away from the area, it one shotting people in range is just a perk. Great for pushing through choke points.

If you launch ur mech into the air so it explodes on the way down, or just as it lands, it's much more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Crim IRL View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here: https://twitter.com/themissesmae/sta...71521055707139

An example of the skill cap involved with her ult.
    throwing it over a building and getting lucky?
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Lucky? You could see the entire enemy team where he launched it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    That was clearly planned to land over an enemy chokepoint/objective location. To pull that off you'd need to be aware of your ult's physics, the map layout and objective locations, as well as player psychology (less skilled players will clump around an objective point). There's an element of luck involved, sure, but don't discount the skill involved with a play like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    It's just you. D.Va's ult is really useful in many situations, there's just so many new people playing her that don't know how to use the ult and it's making her look bad.
    There's just so many new people? How long has this game been out?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crim IRL View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here: https://twitter.com/themissesmae/sta...71521055707139

An example of the skill cap involved with her ult.
    yea had someone do this to me and my friends when we were playing.

we were like WHERE IS IT WHERE IS IT, isis robot landing from sky goes boom, even those who are behind pillar died

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    It does wonders in low levels when people are learning the game. But after people learn how to play its just so easy to get out of its way.
    its very hard to kill some one with it since not only does she say "nerf this" but her robot also starts to flash and makes bewbewbew noises.

I can't remember the last time i got killed by a d.va ult or i managed to kill some one with it.

What do you guys think? P.S im lvl 35
    well in that case junkrats ult is useless too, your 35 and cant remember when you last died to d.vas ult i'm just 22 and i cant remember when i saw that tyre explode on me (unless i was playing rienhardt or genji, still dont know how to blow it up as those two or if its possible) once i figured out during the beta by accident you can just blow it up before it gets to you.

All the same i have seen those two ults kill 3-4 members at once, mine and/or the opposition. Its not the ult imo, its how the player uses and it that's just a personal opinion based on experience, but then again so is this post.

Deleted
    You have to use it with your team, most people can't hide from that explosion and fight your teammates at the same time so they either run and get shot in the back or they keep fighting and get blasted.

Deleted
    I've had some of the most fun in-game with D.VA for some reason although she didn't appeal to me to begin with.. The Ult can be really hit or miss but it depends on various factors.
    I find it best to be used for clearing out a control point/choke point fast - Either you kill people or seperate people. If people die, great, if they seperate, make sure their healer is dropped while there are less folk around them (assuming they have a healer ofc).

Just an hour or so I cleared out a control point on Control which lead us to win using the Ultimate although there have been a couple of times I've messed it up - Best way to use it is activate Boosters, fly towards/just into the point you wish to take and hit your Ultimate and run.. works a treat every time.

There have been occasions where my Mech was about to be destroyed after I ran into problems and I hit my Ulitmate as a last resort rather than waste it and I've also gotten a kill or two from that scenario.

All in all, it's the same as many Ultimates, used in the best suited way, it can be amazing.

Deleted
    In Summary:

"X Hero's ultimate doesn't let me clear an entire team with one button, their ultimate sucks"

Loving D.VA.
    Running in tanking, blowing mech up and repeat is great.
    I always get to blow at least 1 or 2 people up. Gets people away from the payload.
    Is it me though or is her hand gun a bit op, i seem to take alot of people out with that while waiting for another mech to pop up.

I think it is good. It kills the unaware and force the aware to displace to avoid getting killed.

Deleted
    Its a good ultimate, has a long ass range unless you can LoS it espcially since she's a TANK and you're all comparing her ult to dpsers, granted you won't get those surprise kills like a junkrat/mcree can but its a solid skill with multiple uses

There's a specific way to use D.Va's ult so that people don't even realize it's coming unless they're looking up.

Use her boosters, throw it into the air and let it drop on the opponents, by the time it hits the ground and people see it it explodes.

Now this won't work on people paying attention to the air but there's not too many people just staring at the sky.

I've an average of 4 kills with it, but I try to limit the escape options when using it for the kill. Aka nobody but myself to take advantage of the dispersal one tends to want to use the self destruct for, heck I've used it a few times just cause the mech was about to be destroyed anyway and the chance of getting enough ult energy to call it after it goes off provides a much better opportunity than retreating for a healer or looking for kits. You get what you put into this ult, using it without thought doesn't provide much more than a shiny explosion that might kill only you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have used the ult pretty well in flanking, especially when the teams distracted, just blow them up from behind. Guess it's all about positioning, just throwing it in there and hoping it wipes out the enemy team with no thought doesn't pay off.

If all else fails at least it clears them from the point... so it has multipurposes
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Felnoire View Post
    I've an average of 4 kills with it, but I try to limit the escape options when using it for the kill. Aka nobody but myself to take advantage of the dispersal one tends to want to use the self destruct for, heck I've used it a few times just cause the mech was about to be destroyed anyway and the chance of getting enough ult energy to call it after it goes off provides a much better opportunity than retreating for a healer or looking for kits. You get what you put into this ult, using it without thought doesn't provide much more than a shiny explosion that might kill only you.
    I assume you dont mean that you average 4 people every time you use the ultimate. Because then I would suspect you are playing with potatoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    I assume you dont mean that you average 4 people every time you use the ultimate. Because then I would suspect you are playing with potatoes.
    It's just the average it gave in the stats last I checked, a few times it's been a full team and there are times nobody gets killed so I suppose it averages out. It's going to drop as time progresses obviously and people get better at finding those places one can't avoid leaving open when using it.

Current average is now 2.88 deaths in quick play, seeing as it's nice to give the current info as well as the previous I had in my head.
    Last edited by Felnoire; 2016-05-29 at 04:49 PM.