Just saw it yesterday and i have just one complaint about it.
    First half of the movie moves VERY fast. We barely get 5 min in Draenor and it seems like they've cut out a lot of things out of the movie.
    Also in the first half you get tossed between scenes that are barely 1 min long and even i as a little lore nerd had minor troubles following where
    characters where going and why.

Otherwise it looked amazing, the story is mostly great and my favorite characters where Khadgar and Gul'dan.
    I rate it 7/10, but i think it would be 6/10 if I wasn't such a huge fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And do you know that those scenes, in situ, would eliminate those issues? I know what the people are saying, what I'm saying is that we don't know that the edited scenes correct those issues.
    Considering that we have an idea of what scenes they did cut out, there is good reason to believe that Director's Cut would help fixing some of most glaring pacing issues at the beginning of the movie. It might not solve every issue, but being able to stay in one location for more than a minute would certainly be an overall improvement.

My theory is still that the dubbed versions are better than the standard version. Really the only thing that explains the discrepancy between low scores and high scores as the low scores are essentially all native English speakers.
    It's not dubbed here, just Thai subtitles.

And as I said, my European friends, e.g. Irish dudes, enjoyed movie quite a lot. But I see really negative reaction coming from Americans, and I have no idea why.

P.S. I'm not Thai, just live/work here...
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-05-28 at 02:14 PM.

Deleted
    My theory is still that the dubbed versions are better than the standard version. Really the only thing that explains the discrepancy between low scores and high scores as the low scores are essentially all native English speakers.
    I saw a lot of movie where the dubbing gave actors a new life that they didn't do in the first place. In my opinion, ofc.

Deleted
    Good VO work can really bring a piece to life. I know that from personal experience watching things that were dubbed versus subbed. Sometimes the dubbed versions have a ton of emotion that just wasn't present in the standard version, other times the piece is hurt by dubbing. I'm not sure we'll ever know for sure though unless someone gives an objective review based on dubbed versus subbed.
    I'll prolly watch it a third time if i got enough time (and money rofl), and this time going for the Original Version subbed, i guess. So, i'll be able to compare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because we know what scenes they cut doesn't mean the movie wouldn't still be jumping all over the place. And it doesn't mean those scenes actually provide the necessary character development/world building.
    We had about 5 minutes of the Orcs being on Draenor in the theatrical cut. 5 minutes. The Grommash scene at the camp fire was on Draenor, the original Gul'dan speech was longer, Orgrim's comments about the rest of the Orcs being green was cut out from the leaked footage, and we had a screenshot of Durotan and Draka sitting together smiling that looked like it was around the same camp fire as the Grom scene. Seems like some pretty substantial cuts when they are supposed to establish the entire premise behind the Orcs in those scenes and that is just the beginning of the movie. Who knows what else they cut out from just that part.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-05-28 at 02:18 PM.

I'd be interested to hear the honest opinion of someone fluent in multiple languages as to which version is the best. Just out of pure curiosity more than anything else. I have a hard time believing critics are singling out this movie for hate just because it's a Warcraft movie.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said, we don't know what the director's cut would look like. We can speculate all we like, but that doesn't mean we're doing anything more than guessing. If Duncan gets to release a director's cut then we'll now. Otherwise, it may take a long time before they allow him to do that kind of thing.

Hell, that campfire scene could easily be a flashback. Would that improve the pacing?
    Not sure if it would help, as you say, its all speculations. But when you watch the movie, in the first 30mins or so, it literally feels like they cut out scenes for the sake of making the movie shorter, it doesnt feel fluid like the last part of the movie, and this makes atleast me suspect that alot of character development, and stuff that would tone down the pacing was cut out.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I said, we don't know what the director's cut would look like. We can speculate all we like, but that doesn't mean we're doing anything more than guessing. If Duncan gets to release a director's cut then we'll now. Otherwise, it may take a long time before they allow him to do that kind of thing.

Hell, that campfire scene could easily be a flashback. Would that improve the pacing?
    Your argument would make sense if we did not have any of the leaked footage or promotional material to compare the theatrical cut to. However, we do have that material, and plenty of people including critics have pointed out that the movie is missing scenes as well as the pacing being wonky as a result of it.

Also, why the heck would that scene be a flashback? The only flashback scene in the entire film is the Human and Orc standing in a desert fighting each other at the beginning of the film. Your argument here does not make any sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I definitely noticed it when watching it. The cuts in this movie are so darn strange at times. Didn't they say that they had the guy who helped cut together the original Star Wars trilogy, or am I wrong?
    This is basically what everyone is saying .

Not sure about the editor part.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    You haven't seen the material in place. My argument makes perfect sense if you stop making assumptions.
    Considering that I have seen the movie as well as the other material, I have a general idea of where they were originally placed.

Also, you just made an assumption that makes no sense when actually looking at the movie. There were no indications of flashbacks in the entire thing with the one exception being the random Orc and Human in the desert. You are just being a hypocrite.

I'd be interested to hear the honest opinion of someone fluent in multiple languages as to which version is the best. Just out of pure curiosity more than anything else. I have a hard time believing critics are singling out this movie for hate just because it's a Warcraft movie.
    I watched it in Russian and English so far, Russian orc voices were hideous. I'm gonna watch it in Chinese, when that one comes out, Chinese dub may be really and really good

As for hatred, it's sorta cool to hate everything Warcraft-related right now, and I dun see that many non-American critics who bash this movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I am showing you how stupid you sound. We can't make any assumptions but you keep saying you can because you are pretty sure you are right.
    The only stupidity going on here is you. You can certainly make some general assumptions about the cut material when you have the material directly presented to you. Or are you making the argument that Gul'dan's original speech for instance is not placed in the same spot as his speech in the movie? Yeah, you are just being obnoxious here.

The pacing may have just been hurt by an incredibly slow first act. We don't honestly know whether the movie would be improved or not by a director's cut. I suspect it would be, but without seeing it how can I possibly make any assertions about the quality of such a cut?
    Tbh, I wouldnt mind an alot slower first act, it woulda setup the last part alot better that way. But there is no way of knowing. Again, its just a feeling atleast I got when i watched the movie. And its a shame really, cause the last hour feels so much better.

The critics aren't you. Stop coming up with false motivations to explain away honest reactions.
    Meh, not you either Keep hating though.

Have you seen the movie yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you can't. Unless you want to look like an ass who's making statements with no factual basis, of course. I'm making the statement that you, having never seen the full director's cut, can't make any factual statements as to the pacing/character development. Are you telling me I'm incorrect and you're somehow able to access knowledge you don't have?

All you can say is it would probably fix things based on what you've seen. Get over it.
    No, you are being the ass here. This is what I originally said.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Considering that we have an idea of what scenes they did cut out, there is good reason to believe that Director's Cut would help fixing some of most glaring pacing issues at the beginning of the movie. It might not solve every issue, but being able to stay in one location for more than a minute would certainly be an overall improvement.
    I made no such statement that the Director's Cut would solve every pacing issue. I was strictly talking about the very beginning of the film, which we do have material to compare to. My arguments are based on the material we already have and you are putting words into my mouth that I never stated to be the case. Making strawmans to base your argument on is a bad thing to do, you know.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2016-05-28 at 02:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well. im off to see the movie cya

We should stop calling the first scene of the orc vs human a flashback. Its more of a... scene showing how their current relationship is like. As I have said before the movie itself is actually more of a flashback since in the beginning of the movie they are saying that humans and orcs has been fighting a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    We should stop calling the first scene of the orc vs human a flashback. Its more of a... scene showing how their current relationship is like. As I have said before the movie itself is actually more of a flashback since in the beginning of the movie they are saying that humans and orcs has been fighting a long time.
    Good point. Still, I think my point still stands that the cut out camp fire scene was not a flashback. Grom's speech is supposed to show why the Orcs follow Gul'dan, which makes sense to have in the beginning of the film, especially since it looked like the scene took place on Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't a strawman argument. My argument is that we don't know what the director's cut looks like. I agree, it could fix the issues, but what we don't know is that it does. Are you trying to tell me I am wrong? Because you are being really crazy right now just because I voiced the rational PoV that your hopes may not be accurate.
    It is definitely a strawman argument that you made. Also, did you completely forget the part where I said that your argument would make sense if we did not have any cut out material to compare to? Of course I agree that we do not know how many issues a Director's Cut would solve. I was only making the case that based on the material we had available, it could have solved some of the issues at the beginning of the movie. The Draenor part was really short and I do think that cutting out those leaked scenes was not the best idea when the pacing was way too quck in the first 20 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    I stopped reading when I read "Just have finished watching an English camrip"
    He even edited the post to remove that line. God, that's hilarious.

It's not like the guy could to be taken seriously by the first time he posted here. I don't think we should do that now.

I voiced the rational PoV that your hopes may not be accurate.
    No shit, we have no crystal ball. But the chance that this movie would feel "whole" with those cuts is high. Both for the footage we saw and didn't make it in the movie, the novelization bits that are pure character development material and didn't make it in the movie and the way this movie got mistreated in general to be sold in the way Universal thought fitted the most to it. The very way they marketed the movie went almost diametrically against Duncan's own vision of his creation.

So yeah, the chances are pretty high and the arguments solid. We don't know for certain because we're no clairvoyants. Keep arguing on the chance that maybe an extended edition wouldn't change a damn thing because everything is possible in this world and beyond is arguing for the sake of arguing. You should bring some arguments, at least.

By the way, to shift the subject on something else: a fellow poster shared a shit ton of information in regards of the Durotan prequel novel. Lots of interesting stuff for anyone who cares a bit about lore. There's quite some spoilers, so click this aware of it.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-05-28 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

About the dubbing, while the Durotan and Orgrim clip sounds much better in the original voices, the Garona and Lothar clip sounds A LOT better in italian dub somehow.
    For example, when Garona says "You think you're fearsome?" she says in a way that IMO seem not much convinced, like she's trying to defend herself with that answer.
    In the italian dub, she says "Credi di farmi paura?" which means "You think you scare me?" and the way she delivers that line is much more aggressive and self-confident, and in that moment you really feel like Garona is really brave and strong.