Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    It did. The apex predator defended its young by eliminating an individual of a rival species that was already selected for extinction and only lives on at our whim.
    I'm sorry but what an idiotic post.

#1 Humans aren't apex predators.
    #2 Gorillas aren't a rival species.
    #3 Gorillas weren't selected for extinction like the dinosaurs. They have been pushed to it because of human poaching to chop off their hands as trophies. Without a gun, humans are nothing and wouldn't last five minutes in the jungle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    Think about it, one does not have to equate the other. For sake of argument, lets say I'm for gay marriage, and if the only way you'd believe me is me gay marrying someone, well... That'd never happen. Just because I believe that what happens between two consenting adults behind closed doors I'm on the other side of is okay doesn't mean I have to partake in every activity known to mankind with another consenting adult to have my belief taken seriously.
    I see it a little different when people advocate harm to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I'm not sure what's there not to get in pointing out how your argument is a non sequitur but OK.

An example:
    A rabid feminist woman screams "death to all men".
    Does asking her to volunteer make sense?
    Why not. If she advocates death or harm to others, then the least she could do is willing to take the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    If it would have been a 17 year old boy then I assume you could have that discussion.
    But a 4 year old boy does not understand the consequences. He should not be punished or even endangered for the negligence of his parents (if there has been any, the article does not state how long it took the boy to enter the pen) nor for the negligence of the zoo (for not securing the enclosing good enough).
    I agree about the negligence of the zoo. Using the word negligence to describe the situation is a bit of an understatement though, designing an enclosure for potentially deadly animals that a four year old can get into is f-ing retarded.

But on the flip side, the gorilla shouldn't be punished for the negligence of humans either. That enclosure was its home, and the little human was where it didn't belong. Had it been the other way around, the gorilla being where it didn't belong threatening human lives (lets say it broke out of its enclosure running around) I wouldn't have thought twice about the gorilla ending up shot.

Quote Originally Posted by gunchix View Post
    Should have let the kid be killed and award him with the Darwin award. case closed, I don't feel anything for the kid or his parents that are so stupid. the same with the lions that got killed due to a suicidal retard.
    There is nothing Darwin Award(-ian?) about a four year old doing stupid shit. They've got like twenty years of brain development ahead of them. And no parent can have an eye on their offspring 100% of the time. And when parents do try it ends up with the offspring being too sheltered and inexperienced, and when they enter adult life they're simply not ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Why not. If she advocates death or harm to others, then the least she could do is willing to take the same.
    Because she advocates harm for the group she's not a part of? She doesn't qualify for the argument she's making. Asking her to volunteer to do what she's arguing for is illogical in this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Because she advocates harm for the group she's not a part of? She doesn't qualify for the argument she's making. Asking her to volunteer to do what she's arguing for is illogical in this case.
    So it's ok to advocate death to groups you are not part of?

How's this: she advocates death to another human, she is human too. Now is she willing to take the same, being part of the same group?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Best decision they could of made from our point of view.

How the fuck did a 4 year old boy get through the enclosure.
    Forget the 'where was the parents'....matter at hand stands it would of been the zoos fault and probably still is now cause that question still holds.

Zoos got some answering to do, no win situation for them.

Should have sent in Ron Burgundy and his channel 4 News Team
    They know how to rescue people from Zoo enclosures

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I see it a little different when people advocate harm to others.
    From what I understand those against gay marriage (continuing the thread of thought I started in my previous post) do feel it harms them, the people around them and the society they belong to. Or are we talking physical harm? In which case, I guess I can see your point, but not fully. 30 men gang raping a young woman should be stoned to death (assuming irrefutable evidence, testimonies, video recordings, etc etc). Would I volunteer to be stoned? Or even gang rape someone? No, I would not.

But that example of physical harm is far from the one with the gorilla. Humanity as a whole has a cancerous effect on the world we inhabit. Would I sacrifice a cancerous cell in my body to save one that I value more highly, say a brain cell? Yeah, without a shadow of a doubt. I hope any sane person would do that too. But I don't see the leap in logic asking me if I would sacrifice my life for one of someone else's brain cells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    #3 Gorillas weren't selected for extinction like the dinosaurs. They have been pushed to it because of human poaching to chop off their hands as trophies. Without a gun, humans are nothing and wouldn't last five minutes in the jungle.

The dinosaurs werent selected, they sacrificed themselves so your car could have food. That is a known fact.

TIL MMO-champion forums are full of sociopaths

I mean really, people calling for a FOUR YEAR OLD kid to die for doing something dumb. Yes, I am sure you were all highly intelligent and self-aware when you were four years old.

Parents are the only ones responsible here.

First of all, dinosaurs arent extinct. Secondly there is no difference if extinction is caused by an asteroid or human activity, its all natural selection driven by different forces.

Thankfully, the kid is still alive. It's unfortunate that the animal is dead but it had to be done.
    Last edited by Twix; 2016-05-29 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    Wtf is wrong with some people in this thread? Putting the gorilla's life over a 4 year old boy. Disgusting. Yea the boy did a stupid thing, hes a little boy. The parents are idiots and the boy doesnt deserve to die, the gorilla doesnt deserve it either but better that than a dead boy and then you are left with a child killing gorilla.
    They're just trying to be all edgy for their internet personas. There isn't a single one of them that wouldn't have saved the kid over the gorilla.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    Would you like me to point out how many logical fallacies you've just committed and how many statistical errors there are in your argument?
    Go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    So you just have no empathy whatsoever? Imagine if one of your children did manage (somehow) to climb into an enclosure.. Would you tell the Zookeepers "ah well, he obviously doesn't matter as much as the Gorilla just let him die"? Or would you tell them to shoot the huge animal that has claimed your child as its own? I have a sneaking suspicion that you'd tell them to get your child to safety whatever they have to do. Which is exactly what they did. But please, tell me that you would sacrifice your child's life to punish your own negligence.. Prove once and for all that you're a psychopath.
    Empathy? Empathy? Where is yours? Here is an innocent Gorilla. Born or captured and put into a cage to be gawked at. Next thing it knows, a human child climbs into his cage.. and while sure, yeah, he touches it.. he never harms it at all. And what happens? He is killed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    It was a four year old. Do you have kids? Four year olds aren't very good at doing exactly what they're told 100% of the time.

Yeah, the parents are shitty. They should have had better control of their children, but it's not the kid's fault. He was being a kid. He's four, for fuck's sake.
    Wasn't the Gorilla just being a Gorilla?

Unfortunate. I'm sure the moronic/negligent parents will actually go ahead and sue the zoo, too.

Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    TIL MMO-champion forums are full of sociopaths

I mean really, people calling for a FOUR YEAR OLD kid to die for doing something dumb. Yes, I am sure you were all highly intelligent and self-aware when you were four years old.

Parents are the only ones responsible here.
    The parents should be charged with all relevant charges for causing the gorilla's death.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The Cincinnati Zoo shot and killed a 17 year old critically endangered lowland gorilla after a boy slipped into its enclosure. What are your thoughts on this? Should zoos intervene and kill endangered species when people decide to enter their enclosures?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/28/us/zoo...lla/index.html
    almost like two different scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It' unfortunate but it had to be done.
    Exactly this,

And I'm speaking of someone whos training to be in conservation work,

Anyways, the actual fault lies with the zoo before this happened. The enclosure should be fool proof to stop anything like this happening in the first place,

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    They're just trying to be all edgy for their internet personas. There isn't a single one of them that wouldn't have saved the kid over the gorilla.
    Tell yourself whatever you need to sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    The Cincinnati Zoo shot and killed a 17 year old critically endangered lowland gorilla after a boy slipped into its enclosure. What are your thoughts on this? Should zoos intervene and kill endangered species when people decide to enter their enclosures?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/28/us/zoo...lla/index.html
    Would you ask this if it was your kid?

This shit happened because parents don't look after their kids.