Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Because the shallow minded reviewers think that being against video gaming is "popular" and for that reason a movie based on lore from a video game can't possibly be any good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    We are not discussing personal opinion, but whether the movie is good or not (and no, this is not just down to personal opinion).
    Whether a movie is good or not, IS down to personal opinion. You could have high ratings and still suck in people's opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xyden View Post
    Because the shallow minded reviewers think that being against video gaming is "popular" and for that reason a movie based on lore from a video game can't possibly be any good.
    Many reviews has been shit for non-mainstream fantasy movies, that is how it has always been.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Whether a movie is good or not, IS down to personal opinion. You could have high ratings and still suck in people's opinion.
    well the movie cant win, if the ratings flop, its because its a bad movie, if the ratings are high, its because drones were spamming IMDB or whatever with positive reviews before they even seen it... or vica versa from the other point of view, really. its obvious some people will like it and some will not, so I dont really get the point of the OPs question, but clearly on this site, the bias is real and it feels like people give it +4 just for being warcraft movie

Quote Originally Posted by Clouduken View Post
    A lot, but not all, people are being aggresive defending this movie saying the reviewers are shit and people that base their opinions on them are naive. I don't get the agressive defending is all.
    Lets look at the thread titles on this forum and we can see who the really biased ones are here.

"Why are people defending the Warcraft movie?" - Implying it's not defense worthy and that people should default their opinions to those of the reviewers.

"I KNEW this movie would flop" - A biased inflammatory title from a person who HASN'T seen the movie.

Did we want to talk honestly, or is this a thinly veiled hate thread from another person that didn't see the film?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    well the movie cant win, if the ratings flop, its because its a bad movie, if the ratings are high, its because drones were spamming IMDB or whatever with positive reviews before they even seen it... or vica versa from the other point of view, really. its obvious some people will like it and some will not, so I dont really get the point of the OPs question, but clearly on this site, the bias is real and it feels like people give it +4 just for being warcraft movie
    His question is actually load for baiting, just by stating that personal opinions doesn't matter. And even so, seems it is only the US (for now) that has the lowest expectations.

I loved it
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

More important question to me is why do you care? Is it your problem? ...does it violate you? ... Do you feel offended?

I do not expect it to be good. I did not see it yet, but scenes i have seen so far do not fill me with high hopes. I know people that went in twice tho. So what? People are likely less trying to "Defend" it than trying to convince you to like something they like as well. And there is nothing wrong with that. IF people actually defend the Movie, its likely against the same retarded kind of people that will go to rip it apart simply because its WoW and i am sure a lot of criticism comes just from that corner. Whenever there is a subscriber loss reported, people like to jump on it and rub it into the face of people that still play the game because... i dont know why ...and think they are totally the smarter ones in that discussion. I am very convinced 50% of the people dooming the movie just do it because of that very (utterly stupid) notion, which is one more reason for me to not give a crap about reviews from anyone but my own when i eventually end up seeing that thing.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    We are not discussing personal opinion, but whether the movie is good or not (and no, this is not just down to personal opinion).
    This "opinion" gentlemen, is the definition of ignorance. How do you decide then if it is good or not? Do you have mathematical thesises set about how to criticize a movie or what?
    How can a movie be shit if there are millions of people who really like it? Because, you know, we are really digging into it. We are fans. The movie is not "bad for everyone except the fans" because our GF's and friends who didn't give a shit about warcraft liked it. Some liked it even more than lotr, because this is not an epic crying slugfest but hey, that's an opinion too.

Maybe if we change the usage of the word "shit" so it translates to the opposites.
    You know; OK, words are invented by humans, and we can change the meaning but do you really want to do this just because the Warcraft movie?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouduken View Post
    I'm all for having your own opinion and not just basing your opinion on reviews, but USUALLY if reviews are so bad, it's just all around bad no matter what perspective. I'm not saying some won't enjoy it. Some might even love it. Just a popular discussion is that a lot of good movies have low scores on review cites, and I agree, but none are that low. I'm just trying to be devil's advocate here. A lot, but not all, people are being aggresive defending this movie saying the reviewers are shit and people that base their opinions on them are naive. I don't get the agressive defending is all.
    the reviewers i follow say its ok

It'll do well in foreign markets just like pacific rim. Action heavy movies that don't require much subtitles or complicated scripts tend to do well, especially in China.

Imdb uses user reviews. I don't trust critic reviews all the time, but I don't even look at user reviews. Whether they be fanboys or haters, user reviews are far worse than critic ones. I didn't "play myself". You merely found a group of fanboy reviewers that have the same opinion as you. Funny how the argument that sites like Metacritic and Rotten tomatoes are "biased", But ones that use user reviews are not? How are users not biased? If not more? Your argument is terrible, and your reasoning is shit. Bet you'd suck a dick if it had "Blizzard" tattooed on it.

Deleted
    The only problem is, that many people think there is just one answer to the question "is it a good movie". It is subjective. It is a matter of taste and preferences. It isn't math that you can solve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehcheat View Post
    Because people are sheep
    Baah! Baaaaah! Baaaah! *chews grass*

Exactly when did I say personal opinions don't matter? I was clearly wondering why people who haven't evem seen it are blindly deffending it. You know like how you are wondering the same, but why people are bashing it without seeing it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our local paper has a movie reviewer that is so bad that usually I go by the opposite of whatever she says. Always make up your own mind.

As for the wow movie, just as with anything with rabid fans there will people that say it's amazing even if it's awful. Warcraft will probably be one of the biggest examples of that. A movie ticket though is less than 1 month of subbing to wow, so if you're a fan of wow at all I'd think it would have to be worth going to and then deciding for yourself. Or if you're really on a budget unsub for a month now while nothing's going on in-game and put it towards a movie ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehcheat View Post
    Because people are sheep and have to watch or not watch movies based on someone elses opinion. If you want to see a movie in the theater then do it if not then don't. As it was said already a lot of people liked batman v superman and the bad reviews didn't stop it from making millions....
    People would be sheep if they only followed reviews, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    More important question to me is why do you care? Is it your problem? ...does it violate you? ... Do you feel offended?

I do not expect it to be good. I did not see it yet, but scenes i have seen so far do not fill me with high hopes. I know people that went in twice tho. So what? People are likely less trying to "Defend" it than trying to convince you to like something they like as well. And there is nothing wrong with that. IF people actually defend the Movie, its likely against the same retarded kind of people that will go to rip it apart simply because its WoW and i am sure a lot of criticism comes just from that corner. Whenever there is a subscriber loss reported, people like to jump on it and rub it into the face of people that still play the game because... i dont know why ...and think they are totally the smarter ones in that discussion. I am very convinced 50% of the people dooming the movie just do it because of that very (utterly stupid) notion, which is one more reason for me to not give a crap about reviews from anyone but my own when i eventually end up seeing that thing.
    Why does it matter to me? Like 90% of threads on this site matter to no one. It's just a matter of curiosity. And no it doesn't offend me at all, but if anyone says anything bad about the movie they're a critic following sheep. So why is blindy hating on it shitty, where as blindy defending it is ok? That's the whole point of the thread. Probably could have worded it better, but also people can read more than the title before saying I'm blindly hating on it. I showed no opinion towards the movie cause I haven't seen it yet. I only said if reviews are that low it "usually"means its bad. The only people getting offended are the ones getting butthurt that I said anything neggative about the movie. Which I didn't.

Because we know, blizzard will build legacy server with the cash from the movie! /s

you guys took the bait hard
    Be feared, or be fuel

Thread starter: STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I enjoyed Batman v Superman but the critics trahed it like its the worst comicbook movie ever made.
    Was it the best movie? nope, was it as bad like the critics told us hell no!

I have seen reviewers that clearly have not seen the movie trash it because the source material is a videogame so it has to fail.
    And because i seen these reviews i am more on these defensive part then the critic part because i see some stuff around that are incorrect facts.

I will see the movie next week and i will make up my own mind but i will atleast give it a fair shot and no i dont expect LotR or GoT product because that is totally unrealistic.
    When its better then Mortal combat then i will consider it good and the best videogame movie to date and that is where by bar is atm.
    Yea it was worst the comic book movie ever made. Not just from a narrative stand point but just from a physical coherent movie standpoint. It was garbage. Instead of water boarding we should show that movie to terrorists to gain information. It should be against the Geneva conventions to shown that film.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-05-29 at 01:16 PM.