I agree, if one actually looks at Arthas' story, there aren't really that many details. Things would actually have to be made up in order to fill up a 2-hour movie.
    There's plenty they can add.

Invincible's death would be a gut punch to the audience for sure.

They can also show him and Jaina, I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    Just read a post of a youtuber I largely respect saying that LotR's Gollum looks better than Durotan, posting the Durotan close-up pic.
    I basically just realized how much nostalgia glasses can really fool people. I hope he changes his mind when he sees the film.
    What youtuber?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Ugh, gollum doesn't even look that amazing by todays standards, all the cgi in Warcraft blows lotr and hobbit out of the water.
    Gollum still looks really good even by today's standards, especially in the Hobbit, but yeah, Durotan's closeups are incredibly good. They pretty much captured the muscle movement around the eyes till near perfection, which is leagues beyond what Gollum was in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

I feel like, if they ever do an Arthas movie, they'd have to show Invincible's death. It's one of the major motivators for Arthas.
    Last edited by mmoc1f28493424; 2016-05-29 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IMloreeu View Post
    I dont know how u guys feel but having a director that has played and understand the elements of the game, thats kinda big deal isnt it ?
    imagen if someone whit 0 knowledge would come in and do the movie or movies, i dont really like that idea. duncan sit ure ass down we have a long ride to do
    I agree, but after the Second War, most of the characters quickly become irrelevant and new ones appear.

If there's a moment to switch to a new director, one who has followed this trilogy and has had the time to study the material, it would be then. It's true that right now there probably isn't anyone else who is both a fan of the franchise and a good director, but if this movie gets popular and sequels get made, I imagine others will eventually appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Gollum still looks really good even by today's standards, especially in the Hobbit, but yeah, Durotan's closeups are incredibly good. They pretty much captured the muscle movement around the eyes till near perfection, which is leagues beyond what Gollum was in the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
    Gollum is cleverly designed to be more sympathetic than what the technology allowed to at the time. He has huge eyes, nostrils, ears and mouth. Those proportions, common in cartoons, avoid the uncanny valley and distract you from the less detailed hair, skin and muscles. The orcs have very cartoony bodies, but their faces are mostly human, except for the mouth. The level of detail needed to emote as effectively is much higher, as the eyes aren't big enough to distract you from the rest.

Other great examples of clever design are Davy Jones, whose slimy skin helps a lot with unnatural lighting, as our eyes aren't nearly as used to it as they are to human skin, Caesar, who hides most of his anatomy under the fur, once again making us focus on his eyes and mouth, and the na'vi, who are a combination of Gollum's proportions and Davy's unusual skin.

The orcs are probably the first CG creatures who combine sympathetic human faces with realistic human skin. And easily the ones that have done so the best.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-05-29 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Ugh, gollum doesn't even look that amazing by todays standards, all the cgi in Warcraft blows lotr and hobbit out of the water.
    He has a point only when he says humans and orcs don't match well together (although this problem is probably fixed if you watch in the theater). But he lost me when he said "Okay that also the LotR's Gollum looked better than The Hobbit's Gollum, but..." lol no. The Hobbit's Gollum is miles ahead of LotR's one.

I mean...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IMloreeu View Post
    I dont know how u guys feel but having a director that has played and understand the elements of the game, thats kinda big deal isnt it ?
    imagen if someone whit 0 knowledge would come in and do the movie or movies, i dont really like that idea. duncan sit ure ass down we have a long ride to do
    Well, the infamous Uwe Boll went to Blizzard asking for the film rights back when the project was announced. I can only imagine Chris Metzen's reaction when hearing about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

Well, of course, the movie wont be limited to Warcraft III materiel. I completely forgot that there's an Arthas novel out there which I haven't even managed to read yet, so I should probably take my earlier statement about the movie back.

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    What youtuber?
    an italian youtuber, victorlaszlo88

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    The thing that made Gollum look good was the performance, not the CGI quality.
    Yes, Andy Serkis did a great job. The character itself was incredibly well-written

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Well, of course, the movie wont be limited to Warcraft III materiel. I completely forgot that there's an Arthas novel out there which I haven't even managed to read yet, so I should probably take my earlier statement about the movie back.
    A lot of the novel is Warcraft III stuff, although there is a portion of his early years as well in the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    If there's a moment to switch to a new director, one who has followed this trilogy and has had the time to study the material, it would be then. It's true that right now there probably isn't anyone else who is both a fan of the franchise and a good director, but if this movie gets popular and sequels get made, I imagine others will eventually appear.
    It's funny, imagine being one of those people who watches this movie or any of the upcoming ones and likes it so much that they start playing the games. What do you start with, though? Most of these people think this movie is an adaption of WoW. I don't think most people even know there's pillars that hold up the lore of WoW. The three RTS's, of course, and mainly Warcraft III.

And I'm trying to think of how a person who's completely new to the games would actually process Warcraft III or WoW as a newbie. Can't even imagine it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    A lot of the novel is Warcraft III stuff, although there is a portion of his early years as well in the beginning.
    Well even if it's Warcraft III stuff, if you have a whole novel about it, it means there's a bunch of details interspersed there which would add richness to the movie. The Arthas experience in the game has the very basics.

Deleted
    Check this out: He is one of the most well revieved Movie reviewers

- - - Updated - - -

the more I watch reviews from people that are actually good journalists, the more I realize how wrong this whole negativity about the movie is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling the guy from the Wrap used to play on Nostalrious lol. Particulary because he decided to make another article.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2016-05-29 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    It's funny, imagine being one of those people who watches this movie or any of the upcoming ones and likes it so much that they start playing the games. What do you start with, though? Most of these people think this movie is an adaption of WoW. I don't think most people even know there's pillars that hold up the lore of WoW. The three RTS's, of course, and mainly Warcraft III.

And I'm trying to think of how a person who's completely new to the games would actually process Warcraft III or WoW as a newbie. Can't even imagine it.
    I think they'd rather study Wowpedia than play the games.

Not only it's a more direct source of the lore, but it's also more accessible to people who may not play videogames often. They could focus on specific characters and events rather than trying to extract that information from quest text.

As for the visual style, WoW is all they'd need. The cinematics more than the game itself.

Besides, Wei Wang would provide them with any character design they needed.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-05-29 at 05:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangocash View Post
    It's obvious I have anxiety and anger issues and I also don't want this movie to fail. I'm just freaking out we won't get sequels. I've waited for this movie so long. Yes I have panic attacks a lot, probably 3-5 times a week. Not about the movie, just because random shit. But yes I was looking at reviews and it made me have one.
    Then you need to start taking control of them, go to a therapist, take meds or something. You cant find happiness from the outside world. It has to come from within yourself, starting with WAITING for the god damn movie and watching it and THEN commenting like a maniac. You are just making yourself look like a wannabe high horse jerk.
    Last edited by mmoc5cdcc17479; 2016-05-29 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Besides, Wei Wang would provide them with any character design they needed.
    I'd really like to see how Wei Wang would design Thrall. I wonder how different he will look or if he actually would take some of Durotan's design from the movie? Heck he could take something from Draka

Wow, that interview with DJ.
    He out right said "Certain scenes which could just be place back into the film and it would just work"
    The other scenes would require more CGI work.
    Sounds like all of the humans scenes and orc scenes we are missing tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I'd really like to see how Wei Wang would design Thrall. I wonder how different he will look or if he actually would take some of Durotan's design from the movie? Heck he could take something from Draka
    He already did, in the battlecry mosaic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexz View Post
    Wow, that interview with DJ.
    He out right said "Certain scenes which could just be place back into the film and it would just work"
    The other scenes would require more CGI work.
    Sounds like all of the humans scenes and orc scenes we are missing tbh.
    Are there non human and orc scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Are there non human and orc scenes?
    What i ment was that the scenes that could be placed right inn are the human scenes we are missing, while those that require work obviously are the orc scenes (Y)