Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I find Mei about 100x more irritating. Mei is the devil. I would be totally okay with her being removed from the game. :P
    Oh god, so much. I actually think she might be most OP at lower skill levels. You only have to be in range of her for a second and you're fucked, and her ult is instant and absolutely massive. Hard to avoid in a team fight unless you're already far away from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Oh god, so much. I actually think she might be most OP at lower skill levels. You only have to be in range of her for a second and you're fucked, and her ult is instant and absolutely massive. Hard to avoid in a team fight unless you're already far away from her.
    Hilariously the hero this entire thread is about happens to beat her extremely easily .. but I'll drop the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    If you actually think DVA is that good then this discussion is over and has no point anymore.

I assume you're US or I'd gladly play your team with mine to see how well your DVA does.

In any case this is pointless, again I'll wait for Blizzard to balance instead of discussing this with people like you.

You'll be happy with the guaranteed DVA buffs though I imagine.
    D.Va is a good offensive tank for taking control points. Her Defense Matrix can counter a team and especially Bastions for longer than Reinhardt can, and eating two or three ultimates with it is hella fun. Reinhardt is better in general, of course, but D.Va and Zarya aren't that far behind him, in my opinion.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    She's mostly annoying because of how long it takes for you to die. You're slowly becoming helpless while watching her aim that damn icicle and punching you in the face. Still, if you meet McCree in the same situation, it's stun->instant death. No time for some miracle last second save, since he did enough damage to kill you twice over - and if healer tried to save you, they're probably dead as well. And he can do it to tanks as well, whereas Mei will only bring them to half health.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Hilariously the hero this entire thread is about happens to beat her extremely easily .. but I'll drop the subject.
    McCree has a higher skillcap than Mei, that's unquestionable. Mei doesn't get much better as your skill goes up, though, except with icewall placement, whereas McCree becomes unquestionably more deadly as your skill increases.

That being said, I've been caught by fewer High Noons than Mei's cryo circles, but that could just be the quality of players I'm going against.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    D.Va is a good offensive tank for taking control points. Her Defense Matrix can counter a team and especially Bastions for longer than Reinhardt can, and eating two or three ultimates with it is hella fun. Reinhardt is better in general, of course, but D.Va and Zarya aren't that far behind him, in my opinion.
    Oh I agree DVA is fun to play, I just don't think she's very good.

I actually have a very high opinion of Zarya and think she's the best tank to break through defensive cores on koth/certain payload chokepoints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whenever I see a McCree I turn right the fuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    There is no OP hero, all can be countered one way or another.
    Just because a character can be countered doesn't mean they are balanced. For example, some characters have multiple counters while others have very few, and for many counters the amount of effort required to counter who they are supposed to counter can vary a lot.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, but...you know. In before the usual group of posters jump in and pretend to be MLG pros who know that no character is better than any other and you're just doing it wrong.
    Mercy and Lucio are demonstrably superior supports to Zenyatta and Symmetra, and anyone that denies it just isn't paying attention. Mercy needs competent help and is best paired with specific heroes, but she's still strong.

I'm not sure I agree with Woobels that Widowmaker is OP, but then, again, I could just be playing against crap Widowmakers.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's basically very similar to Mei, deadly at close range but manageable at a distance. If you're getting too close and getting rolled by him then congrats because you just learned his whole purpose. He doesn't have a close range counter because he's not suppose to unless you bait him into blowing his flashbang at an awkward time, or have a couple of heroes with you and can either sac one or get him before he can't get anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, but...you know. In before the usual group of posters jump in and pretend to be MLG pros who know that no character is better than any other and you're just doing it wrong.
    Most chars are designed to be situationally OP but none are OP in every scenario so much so that you should just give up when matched against a good player.
    Last edited by xChurch; 2016-05-29 at 10:42 PM.

When I'm playing Genji and I get stunned front on by a McCree I just mash E until I'm unstunned and then the bullet reflect kills him. Its hillarious.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    When I'm playing Genji and I get stunned front on by a McCree I just mash E until I'm unstunned and then the bullet reflect kills him. Its hillarious.
    This is the reason this entire discussion is hard to have, if he stuns you and fails to kill a stunned Genji you either had a lot of backup or he's a poor McCree.

- - - Updated - - -

Mercy and Lucio are demonstrably superior supports to Zenyatta and Symmetra, and anyone that denies it just isn't paying attention. Mercy needs competent help and is best paired with specific heroes, but she's still strong.

I'm not sure I agree with Woobels that Widowmaker is OP, but then, again, I could just be playing against crap Widowmakers.
    My opinion on Widowmaker mostly comes from the fact that I think she limits certain other hero picks too much, buff Zenyatta's health and maybe increase her charge time a little and she's absolutely fine imo.

Bodyshotting a Zenyatta and killing him in 1 shot with a hitscan gun is pretty shit game design.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because its totally the game's fault that people don't play it properly?
    Go away bad troll. No one blamed the game for people being retarded. But people hate the game because Blizzard doesn't do anything about idiots. They release a half-assed matchmaking system that doesn't have vote kick feature, when people afk it doesn't kick them until after the game has already started, the pairups are insanely unbalanced in both skill and level makeup, and the worst part of all is that you still get paired with people when you use the "avoid this player" button or if you ignore them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Go away bad troll. No one blamed the game for people being retarded. But people hate the game because Blizzard doesn't do anything about idiots. They release a half-assed matchmaking system that doesn't have vote kick feature, when people afk it doesn't kick them until after the game has already started, the pairups are insanely unbalanced in both skill and level makeup, and the worst part of all is that you still get paired with people when you use the "avoid this player" button or if you ignore them.
    It's been less than a week...pretty sure MM can't just assume everyone's skill level. It'll be painful for a bit, and once ranked comes out it'll barely be a problem anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vurdah View Post
    LOL! No. DVA is one of the heroes in the game in the hands of a competent player, which by your replies I can only assume you are not. DVA is really good for harassing the enemy team and creating opening for your team to push. And that ulti. Even if you don't kill anyone with it, it pushes the enemy way of point allowing your team to push in.
    Not that I'm fond of agreeing with Woobels because he's really coming off as a whiny crybaby, but I agree, D.Va DOES suck, the only good thing about her is her ult, otherwise she's a cakewalk to kill.

McCree actually requires skill to be good with, probably more so than most of heroes.

His stun is also insanely short-range(we're talking a yard or so) and he has little in the way of defense. His ultimate is also considered pretty shit. Probably one of the worst if not THE worst in the game. If you're smart and can position yourself well, you might get a good one off, but usually I settle for one kill or never even see an opportunity to use it.

If his stun was to be nerfed, then he'd have to get a huge damage boost. If his damage was nerfed, his ultimate would have to get a huge buff. There is no manner in which you can tweak him and not either severely handicap him or make him potentially even stronger in some aspect.

Right now, just don't fight him in slapping range(literally) and you'll probably be just fine. That's what a lot of people don't learn. Though a good Reaper or Genji can be a problem, at which point, it can often just be a matter of sheer luck on who fires/misses first.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-05-29 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabka Uhalla View Post
    Not that I'm fond of agreeing with Woobels because he's really coming off as a whiny crybaby, but I agree, D.Va DOES suck, the only good thing about her is her ult, otherwise she's a cakewalk to kill.
    I really think a lot of people aren't playing D.Va properly. If she uses her Defense Matrix correctly, she can take much more punishment than Reinhardt. Reinhardt is still superior in a lot of ways, but I'd put D.Va about middle of the pack for tanks. Winston is the only tank I really feel kinda sucks in general. I've killed two simultaneous Primal Raging Winston's.

Hit scan hero with an AOE EFFECT cc in stun? yea fucking GG It's literally free kills on 95% of the heroes. Players with great aim take advantage and they obliterate with him. There's a reason you see double mcree in competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    It's been less than a week...pretty sure MM can't just assume everyone's skill level. It'll be painful for a bit, and once ranked comes out it'll barely be a problem anymore.
    You really think that? Because ranked is going to be just as bullshit as ranked is in HoTS. People are going to be stubborn, play what they want, not communicate, and just be overall trash thinking that they're absolutely amazing and that they feel they actually belong in ranked when all they're doing is wasting other peoples time.

I really think a lot of people aren't playing D.Va properly. If she uses her Defense Matrix correctly, she can take much more punishment than Reinhardt. Reinhardt is still superior in a lot of ways, but I'd put D.Va about middle of the pack for tanks. Winston is the only tank I really feel kinda sucks in general. I've killed two simultaneous Primal Raging Winston's.
    Yeah see I don't know. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, the only two heroes that ever consistently give me trouble are Zenyatta and Zarya. No one else. I don't think I'm super pro, but really like, I don't consistently die to any one hero like I do those 2.