Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter134 View Post
    Is that against the rules? To make inappropriate comparisons? Like I said. I was banned for extreme sexually explicit language. Comparing the morality between rape and drinking a glass of water is not sexually explicit language. I urge you to look up the definition of explicit.
    "Extremely sexually explicit language". Read the rules or do you not have the ability to do so?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Blizzard can ban you for pretty much anything you say. Freedom of speech is protection from the government not a company.
    Difference though between freedom of speech and utter stupidity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    People still use 4chan?
    A special kind of people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucro View Post
    Then why would you even compare it to drinking a glass of water?? Do you actually not see how insane that is? I feel sorry for you dude, because you obviously lack important functions in several brain compartments. Besides, you have been both quoted and linked the proper lines from the ToU and EULA which basically say you can sit on it and rotate. Btw - it's not immoral if somebody raped you with a splintered broomstick.
    "which basically say you can sit on it and rotate" That's sexually explicit language according to Blizzard. Be careful saying that in-game. Might get banned. Also, I was making the extreme comparison to make a point that right and wrong is completely arbitrary from an atheistic perspective.

Abstract concepts like morality require a sentience.
    Says who? You? Millions of people disagree, so... sorry, you still lose this argument.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never said rape was fine. I said it's not immoral from an atheistic perspective. That doesn't mean it has to be legal you stupid fuck. Nor does it mean I condone it. Get a brain transplant, you need it.
    Lol. Just reading responses like this....it doesn't matter what you said that got you reported. When you get this aggressive, condescending, rude etc, no one is going to even listen to your side of the story. I reckon the GM started reading what you were writing and it became clear to him within a few seconds that you need to take a break from the game until you can learn to play nicely with others.

It's like if a police officer pulls you over and before he even gets to your vehicle you leap out with your gun pointing and shouting profanities. You're going to get shot. And if you somehow survive, the judge isn't going to be interested in the finer details of whether doing 63 km/h in a 60 zone warrants a traffic fine.

"which basically say you can sit on it and rotate" That's sexually explicit language according to Blizzard. Be careful saying that in-game. Might get banned. Also, I was making the extreme comparison to make a point that right and wrong is completely arbitrary from an atheistic perspective.
    You so funny Peter don't change <3

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You clearly have no clue what you are talking about. God is not the basis of morality, basic game theory existed long before humans began worshipping deities. It existed millions of years before humans even existed. Morality is nothing more than terms and agreements in an environment that are used to create order, and continue the existence of the species.
    For fuck sake. Look up moral universalism and moral relativism. You don't shit about moral philosophy. Stop talking about it until you've educated yourself.

Is that against the rules? To make inappropriate comparisons? Like I said. I was banned for extreme sexually explicit language. Comparing the morality between rape and drinking a glass of water is not sexually explicit language. I urge you to look up the definition of explicit.
    Yes. It is against the rules, which you have been told numerous times now (how dense are you?). If Blizzard finds you comparing rape with drinking a glass of water to be sexually explicit, then it is so, and you broke the rules and got punished. End of the story.

Besides, how can you say that atheists don't think rape is immoral? Most rape in the world is performed by religious men. Besides, I won't get started on catholic priests... You're just a nutjob, and I hope this gives you a wake up call and hopefully makes you realize why nobody is your friend irl.

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Says who? You? Millions of people disagree, so... sorry, you still lose this argument.
    Says logic. Feel free to refute the fundaments of logic. Good luck.

For fuck sake. Look up moral universalism and moral relativism. You don't shit about moral philosophy. Stop talking about it until you've educated yourself.
    You want to come on here and whine about being banned, yet your rant shows exactly why you got banned. What's more hilarious, is that you are about to get banned again.

You are the one swearing that an atheist cannot have morals... which is fucking ignorant. I love when someone takes a philosophy class for the first time, then decides he is wise. Sorry, everyone else just thinks you're a moron.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2016-05-31 at 01:42 PM.

Millions of people disagree, so... sorry, you still lose this argument.
    Argumentum ad populum. Try again Mr. Logical Fallacy.

People who think they don't deserve a justified ban are the funniest kinds of people.

Says logic. Feel free to refute the fundaments of logic. Good luck.
    I'll refute what you seem to think logic is, because it's wrong here. The definition of morality does not include the necessity of sentience in its source. Thus you are wrong by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucro View Post
    If Blizzard finds you comparing rape with drinking a glass of water to be sexually explicit, then it is so, and you broke the rules and got punished. End of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I would say no, however it depends on the context. The word 'rape' is commonly used to describe beating something very well such as "raping" another team in battlegrounds, in that context I'd say it's perfectly fine.
    This is just awful.. "it's perfectly fine". If you typed "lol, you guys are gettin' raped" in a BG and someone reported it you would be banned for sure. Just because it's a common phrase doesn't mean it's acceptable in a public setting. Just like saying nigger in a public place is socially unacceptable.

What a lot of the people in this thread are doing at you right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You want to come on here and whine about being banned, yet your rant shows exactly why you got banned. What's more hilarious, is that you are about to get banned again.

You are the one swearing that an atheist cannot have morals... which is fucking ignorant. I love when someone takes a philosophy class for the first time, then decides he is wise. Sorry, everyone else just thinks you're a moron.
    Haha I've said it multiple times. I never said that atheists can't have morals. I said that atheism is incompatible with moral UNIVERSALISM.

Blizzard was just "drinking a glass of water." Maybe they are all just atheists, and have no morals.

When you're talking about the definition of a word, millions of people versus one person is not an argumentum ad populum, it's where definitions come from. If you want an "official" source and can't figure out how google works, here you go:

"Principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behavior."

Note: no requirement that the source of said principles must come from a "sentience" as you put it.

The definition of morality does not include the necessity of sentience in its source.
    Moral universalism does. Sorry.