Quote Originally Posted by Truzam View Post
    While everyone struggle to tell if this movie is the best of all time or the biggest crap ever made (which is not ffs), let's all agree that Ramin Djawadi nailed the soundtrack.. Pieces like "Honor" or "For Azroth" are great, he really manage to keet the sound of Warcraft..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzeG6bPrwV0&t=1254s

Espacially moments like 11:49 to 12:07, I get chills everytime those notes come in ! (espacially when Orgrim remove the Durotan's tusk at the end with that music in the background :'( )
    Yeah, the music sounds fantastic and very Warcraft-ish. Can't wait to see how it fits in the movie when I see it tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'm sorry, but you must have missed the magic in LotR. It was most assuredly present. And I didn't say it made this film LotResque, I said those properties are the high water marks for Fantasy(which doesn't have an enormous number of quality adaptations to pick from).
    I am sorry but GoT has more magic than LOTR. Harry potter had 100 times more magic than LOTR. When you have a "wizard" who fights with a sword and staff, you have to wonder..

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    No one dies: false.

No magic: false.

The eagles could just fly them there: false.

"add some more violence and plottwists" There is plenty of "violence" in the movies, and the plot is fairly solid.

Lord of the Rings and Warcraft are both high fantasy, but they differ in that Lord of the Rings is epic fantasy, while Warcraft is heroic fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't find many similarities between those and Warcraft, having actually seen the movie.
    No one important dies* (boringmir and farawho dont count as main characters)
    No impactful magic*
    I'm sure the eagles can do it, gandalf summoned them if he needed them.
    The plot is 100% clear since frodo gets the ring, its just boring. They added subplots like the battles to sell their boring story as a movie.
    Lotr is low fantasy, warcraft is high fantasy. Lotr has a slow moving safe kid friendly plot while warcraft has a fast moving plot and more violence (neck snapp says hi).

Quote Originally Posted by Truzam View Post
    While everyone struggle to tell if this movie is the best of all time or the biggest crap ever made (which is not ffs), let's all agree that Ramin Djawadi nailed the soundtrack.. Pieces like "Honor" or "For Azroth" are great, he really manage to keet the sound of Warcraft..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzeG6bPrwV0&t=1254s

Espacially moments like 11:49 to 12:07, I get chills everytime those notes come in ! (espacially when Orgrim remove the Durotan's tusk at the end with that music in the background :'( )
    I know right. Honor (aka Durotan's Theme) is a masterpiece. Makes me sad but I love it.

Well that's certainly a stretch considering one was a docudrama and the other is science fiction. The only shared theme is being in outer space. LotR and GoT share quite a bit more with Warcraft than Star Trek does with Apollo 13.
    They are a bit more similar, but it is not thaaat far off. Apollo 13 might as well have been The Martian.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    No one important dies* (boringmir and farawho dont count as main characters)
    No impactful magic*
    I'm sure the eagles can do it, gandalf summoned them if he needed them.
    The plot is 100% clear since frodo gets the ring, its just boring. They added subplots like the battles to sell their boring story as a movie.
    Lotr is low fantasy, warcraft is high fantasy. Lotr has a slow moving safe kid friendly plot while warcraft has a fast moving plot and more violence (neck snapp says hi).
    I know trying to beat down on the "competition" is another way of elevating a movie/story/whatever, but when what you're beating on is LOTR, it just won't work.

They are a bit more similar, but it is not thaaat far off. Apollo 13 might as well have been The Martian.

- - - Updated - - -

I know trying to beat down on the "competition" is another way of elevating a movie/story/whatever, but when what you're beating on is LOTR, it just won't work.
    I just have a slight dislike for 4 hour movies with 80% filler scenes.

It's not bad, but it isn't spectacular either. All the biggest openings in the UK are either just under $30M or over it. Heck, X-Men made $21M its opening weekend.

I think you mean The Martian may as well have been Apollo 13 on Mars(basically was).
    That would be the 3-5 June window for Warcraft I would think.

And I meant Apollo 13 might as well have been The Martian for the sake of the comparison, because The Martian is sci-fi yet very similar to Apollo 13's docudrama.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    Okay, just found this. Looks like Warcraft made in the UK first day (a strange day to start, but whatever) $1.5M, which is good (as far as I know)

http://www.screendaily.com/news/x-me...ontentID=40562
    Can it reach 15 mil in first week? Likely not but one can hope...

It's not bad, but it isn't spectacular either. All the biggest openings in the UK are either just under $30M or over it. Heck, X-Men made $21M its opening weekend.
    Warcraft's numbers are not from the weekend opening, but just from Monday (which is actually a really strange day to open). I think the big numbers will come over the weekend

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone made a WarCraft 1 styled version of the movie theme. It's actually pretty kickass:
    http://film-warcraft.judgehype.com/n...jawadi-147358/

It's possible, but I highly doubt it given the fact that the film is already open.
    Yeah, it's strange. I mean, it will do not huge nubmers in the week-end, but the missing numbers will be because of the previous days showings

Deleted
    More good news! Warcraft was number 1 in Sweden and got over 84 000 viewers during the weekend

10+ Year Old Account
    Lord of the Rings are the best movies ever made, and I'll stand by that.
    I agree. One of the best movie trilogies ever made as far as I am concerned. Still, I enjoy Fantasy outside of the Lord of the Rings, and I feel that WarCraft fills a niche that LotR does not. The one thing I absolutely love about the WarCraft film is that it completely engulfs itself in its Fantasy elements, especially in regards to magic. It is not ashamed of its High Fantasy roots, which makes the movie itself a lot more enoyable from the perspective of a Fantasy fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, this is some epic king Llane cosplay.

Source: http://orig01.deviantart.net/d634/f/...ne-da27d3v.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    More good news! Warcraft was number 1 in Sweden and got over 84 000 viewers during the weekend
    Yeah, us Swedes love WarCraft. Will be watching it again tonight actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I didn't like the direction they went "away" from the lore. As a standalone movie it was indeed good, but a part of me wanted something true to the warcraft universe.

I mean, Medivh dying from being crushed by a Fel Clay Giant? I cringed.
    Are you literally saying that Medivh being killed in a different fashion ruins potential sequels or something? That's absurd. What's relevant to the lore is the fact he dies, not how he dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicalcrab View Post
    It runs into a lot of problems that Warcraft does overall, as far as the screenplay goes. One example is that the characters are treated a lot more like walking plot devices rather than people we're supposed to form an emotional connection to, with Durotan being the one (albeit small)exception, and the rapid pace of the movie doesn't really allow for a whole lot of time to bond with them. Not much unlike the video games.
    The point I'm trying to make is that if you don't mind this sort of thing in general when it comes to Blizzard's storytelling in WoW or their other video games, you won't mind these problems in the movie either.
    There's also to say though that this franchise has novels and plenty of external material too. Great literature? Nah, but it does what the game can't do, turn the characters in more than plot devices. And what characters needs to be relatable, on the end of the day, is valuable screen time.

I think the major short-coming of this movie is its very nature as movie intended to establish a setting, a new world to the audience and all these many characters at once. When you make this in a 2 hours long movie the story is one of the aspects is going to suffer a bit, along the development of most characters who aren't the most relevant to the plot (in other words, anyone besides Lothar, Garona and Durotan). As mentioned plenty fo times already, a director's cut edition could help in slow the overall pace and focus on certain characters a bit more than the threatical version does. It will most likely remain a flawed movie for all the mentioned reasons but it could definitely gain some bonus points from an extended version.

Needless to say, potential sequels with the already established universe behind could solve most of these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    it's not hard to believe the Director's Cut version would have been a better film, perhaps at the expense of some box office, as it would have had fewer total screenings.
    Probably. But on the other hand, if the box office raises to its highest potential, chances to have that Director's Cut in a Blue-Ray edition will be way higher.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2016-05-31 at 02:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

So my plans changed. Not going to watch it again today. But tomorrow I am planning on going with 3, MAYBE 4 people! I will ask them to tell their friends in case they liked he movie

Deleted
    Exclusive interview for an Italian fansite + some behind the scenes footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjcqfA_8W-A

It has Italian subtitles but they speak in English. Main focus is how Chris Metezen thinks that Duncan Jones saved the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Someone made a WarCraft 1 styled version of the movie theme. It's actually pretty kickass:
    http://film-warcraft.judgehype.com/n...jawadi-147358/
    I like the part at 0:50 with the bells, and it made me realize how easy it would be to switch the instruments and turn the same song into an Alliance theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    MAJOR hype in Spain guys, one of the biggest cinema chains is hyping the shit out of Warcraft:

http://i.imgur.com/yhJzvGR.png

Your freaking mouse cursor turns into a sword lol, and they are doing the WoD + 1 month giveaway thing all over the place too.

Sword-cursor is pretty cheesy but have a look: http://www.cinesa.es/

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    MAJOR hype in Spain guys, one of the biggest cinema chains is hyping the shit out of Warcraft:

Your freaking mouse cursor turns into a sword lol, and they are doing the WoD + 1 month giveaway thing all over the place too.

What's funny is that I haven't seen a single commercial on TV, or posters at the bus stops like they did for the Jungle Book. It's being released in three days and if I weren't a fan I don't think I'd know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post

I would love to have my mouse cursor turn into the WarCraft 3 cursor at all times when doing stuff on the computer. ^^