Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gorkos View Post
    I completly disagree She is capable of defending a flank on her own. You do not need to be in a specific place to defend against an offense charecter flanking. ( except pharah not much you can do about a rocket in the face) in the middle of a fight you can drop a turret and go back to fireing. most of the time they are to focused on you to kill the turret. combine the turret with the lock on with here left click death is incoming.
    placing a turret both takes time and stops you from shooting due to the animation (which might be canceled by melee attacks)

A single turret doesn't do much either. You need a nest, you need very close range and you need an enviroment that isn't open terrain. You have to be indoors basically or somewhere where alot of players are (so that they don't focus entirely on you)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Also I just found her character to be poking fun at autistic (retarded) people which is pretty controversial on a lot of OW boards but I just find it interesting.

I'll stick to Zarya and Bastion but it's intriguing to know what people here have to say on her.
    Saying that it bothers you that they make "fun" of people with autism and then using retarded as a way to replace the word is kind of silly

Deleted
    Symmetra is an amazing pick for first checkpoints on defence. Well placed drones will really hamper flankers, and the teleporter is a game changer. Her alt-fire is also really nice for wiping out a Reinhardt trying to push your position. I wouldn't bother with her at all on attack maps, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    The strength of the orb is in how slow it is and the fact it moves through shields. it does 25 - 125 depending on charge and hurts on sustained touch. It forces people to avoid it for a prolonged period. Plus spamming it turns the battle into a game of mario for the enemy.

The shield is more useful than you think (though they really should not have nerfed it). A lot of players depend on scratch damage and the shields mitigate that. They also regen no matter your hp which is insanely useful for cover fire players. Plus regular heals regen the shield, meaning team ups with Lucio will result in your team taking even less damage to their actual HP
    I didn't know the shield that I can put on others can regenerate like the one I have on myself O.o
    Thanks for the tip

What a cancerous original post. Holy shit.

Her teleporter is invaluable, Mixed with her good area of denile turrets and you are good to go. She is second to none when it comes getting onto the point for defense since her teleporter is so good.

Deleted
    I honestly like this character's whole design and background even if it is making a mockery of something sensitive like autism.
    I'm sure there are a fair amount of Autistic people who really disagree with you and welcome the fact that a Hero within a game gives them some step in representation.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Unless Heavy-Lifting-Russian-Girl goes in while being invulnerable to destroy all the turrets in less than a second?
    I don't know, her turrets are only usefull if you fight right next to them, they have absolutely no use otherwise. She alone is not enough to defend a flank either so it comes down to her other abilities..
    The fact that you need to fight somewhere specific to make use of her is already a huge downside, unless you really play together as a team where everyone knows how to make use of each other.
    you dont put them down all in one spot, spread them in seperate corners , ceiliing and even bottom corners and put one turret in the room after. Plus your turrets shouldnt be in places they're going to be by themselves unless they're for scouting enemy movements (or near medic packs to kill people coming to heal). Zarya will waste her shield on the turrets, not even get all of them and die as you and allies attack her and reapply your turrets instantly. Wasting a major ability for something like turrets is a win for Symmetra is anything.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-05-31 at 04:49 PM.

If you think symmetra is the worst character in the game you are bad. I constantly get play of the game and do well with her, she is pretty much a defense hero and the shields and teleporter are super useful and bring tons of utility to the team...

Her gun auto locks and does crazy damage. I run around tanks and kill them in seconds.

???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Symmetra is quite fine on the first area to defend on a map. Well placed turrets are a great pain in the ass for roamers like Tracer and even more Reaper, her direct damage is incredibly good at close to medium range and the ulti can be charged fairly easily using the slow globe. The teleporter is one of the best abilities for defending places far from spawn.
    If you've lost the first spot to defend I agree that you should change to something else, as the teleporter loses most of it's advantage - so you would play a class without a useful ulti.

- - - Updated - - -

She is classified as builder.
    She is a builder, but she's in the support category. I don't think she fits there at all. Her only support power is a terribly weak shield that doesnt even matter, and the fact that she's terrible on the offensive.

I'm doing a research paper about ASD and vitamin D, and I am not in the very least offended by the subtle ASD references she's got going on. If anything my interpretation of it is very positive, I don't see how it is making fun of people with autism in any way. Nothing really indicates she herself is on the spectrum anyway, but if she is great for her being this savant badass that is not letting things hold her back

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the feedback. Also I just found her character to be poking fun at autistic (retarded) people
    What the fuck is wrong with you that you think autistic people are retarded? Sort your life out.

On topic: Symmetra is a beast if you know how to play her.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    She is good the first 2 minutes, on some maps :P

Last I'll say on this: aren't autism and retardation the same thing? Given how people mock and generalize them both, figured that way. I just don't see why Blizzard would be so bold but then again, Fallout explicitly made fun of retarded people in earlier installments.
    No Autism and Mental Retardation are not the same thing, and your continued usage of retarded in place of autistic is thus incorrect and considered in poor taste. For someone claiming to be against poking fun at the group, you really ought to know better than to go around calling an autistic person retarded. Heck using retarded in general even if the person is under MR isn't a wise thing to do, seeing just how much it's been used to be a word wrapped up entirely in mockery and negativity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, the discussion has just deteriorated far too much at this point. Just going to close this.