Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Fact: Lonely Zergling would save Hitler over a Gorilla. Fucking idiot. Seriously, you are the cancer in this world.

How many people did this gorilla kill? Because A.Breivik killed 8.
    You just had to Godwin, didn't you.

Anders didn't kill 8 people by the way. If you are going to make stupid comparisons, at least get the numbers right.

Fact: Lonely Zergling would save Hitler over a Gorilla. Fucking idiot. Seriously, you are the cancer in this world.

How many people did this gorilla kill? Because A.Breivik killed 8.

Infracted - minor flaming
    Human life is more worth, sorry to burst your bubble.

The zoo did the right thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    You just had to Godwin, didn't you.
    This is getting old now. If people want to mention Hitler, they should be allowed to do so.

I would say honestly that is the kind of lawsuit that the zoo didn't want on their hands, it is their fault if people can fall into these enclosures though. Can't blame the Gorilla or the child because most children are dumb as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    This is getting old now. If people want to mention Hitler, they should be allowed to do so.
    Anders was already name dropped in what he was quoting, he should have been a perfectly adequate example of "BAD MAN WORTH LESS THAN ANIMAL."
    He decided to drop a Hitler and start flaming.

Deleted
    Stop aggressively attacking people who disagree with you
    WTF does that even mean? I am not attacking ANYONE. Hell, if anything, I am the one who is being attacked because I don't agree with a human-centric POV. I am also not spouting absolutes.

@Crissi - no worries, I am done. I have stated my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    So just let the gorilla kill a 3 year old child because he's fucking 3 and fell into an exhibit. That makes perfect mmo-champ OT posters sense.
    Do you even know HOW RARE that type of gorilla is? If you did, you wouldn't be saying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sorry, but just because something is smart doesn't mean it has the same potential to enrich future generations. Humans change the world, dolphins and whales eat stuff.

Do you even know HOW RARE that type of gorilla is? If you did, you wouldn't be saying this.
    I'm well aware of how rare this gorilla is. "There are X people for every Y of this gorilla!" doesn't change the logic that the child was worth saving.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Excellent video, always worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I saw somebody post on Facebook saying that it was clear from the video that the Gorilla was trying to protect the child...and I just... I can't even.

Pushing somebody face down into the water and then ragdolling them around is not a protective gesture, not even in "Gorilla speak".
    Yeah, because you expect the gorilla will gently hold the child in his arm and run away gracefully like a ballerina or some sort.

Well anyway, this specific Harambe wasn't taken from wildlife. He was born at zoo, raised by human and lived in the zoo for his lifetime. Which means he's used to be surrounded by human for it lifetime. It's very unlikely that he'll get aggressive toward a little boy who doesn't even poke him or harass him on the first place. It was the onlookers scream that agitated and made him threatened. It's really a basic instinct. Beside, if the gorilla was really that bloodthirst, that boy wouldn't last any minute on the pen with him. And the fact that the hospital found none of the serious injuries of the boy. Which I believe, the injuries were from the fall alone that he took, not from the gorilla's.
    Last edited by Rezhka; 2016-05-31 at 05:20 PM.

Deleted
    I'm well aware of how rare this gorilla is. "There are X people for every Y of this gorilla!" doesn't change the logic that the child was worth saving.
    Not at the expense of this gorilla.

I'd club the last baby white rhino to death to save this same child. Though I'd wonder how the same kid ended up in another animal enclosure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    So just let the gorilla kill a 3 year old child because he's fucking 3 and fell into an exhibit. That makes perfect mmo-champ OT posters sense.

Now back to reality.....the question isn't whether or not the gorilla should have been shot, it's what the hell were the parents doing (or not doing) that led to this happening? To put the brunt of fault on a 3 year old child is utterly ridiculous and bullshit.
    4 years old. And he TOLD HIS PARENT'S he was going to jump in. He didn't "fall" they just didn't stop him. This was a 100% avoidable issue that was caused by human stupidity. The gorilla wasn't trying to kill the kid. Watch the fucking video.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    A kid stupid enough to jump into a gorilla habitat isn't a kid worth saving. The gorilla did nothing wrong, the kid invaded the gorilla's home, he looked like he was trying to protect the kid FFS. And got killed for it.

TAKE FUCKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR FUCKING ACTIONS. Talking to you, and this little shit's parents. The kid was wrong, the parent's were beyond wrong, the gorilla was an innocent bystander is a world of ignorant and irresponsibly people who need to blame everything on everything else. Stop pointing fingers and realize you're the problem.
    So what you are saying is from birth humans should be as smart as adults. All kids should know every single thing and rule.

Really? "Oh he did one thing wrong he deserves to die. Throw his parents in to!!!!"
    You're a towel.

Human life should always be worth more than animali life. Sucks that it had to be a gorilla, yeah, but let's not get hypocritical. We put him in a cage and took away his liberties because he is an animal, and from that point on his life was justified only because he was entertaining. Sad but well, that's pretty much how it works.

The gorilla wasn't trying to kill the kid. Watch the fucking video.
    The video where he drags the kid around like a ragdoll facedown in water?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    So what you are saying is from birth humans should be as smart as adults. All kids should know every single thing and rule.

Really? "Oh he did one thing wrong he deserves to die. Throw his parents in to!!!!"
    Uhm.... When I was 4 I didn't need a fucking leash to prevent me from jumping into a gorilla enclosure. It's called common sense.
    Source: I've been to the zoo 100 times, I'm not dead, and i'm way past 4.

The kid didn't deserve to die, but neither did the gorilla. That's what a tranquilizer is for. If the kid would have died while the Gorilla was being tranqed, then yes, he got what was coming to him. STOP. BLAMING. OTHERS. FOR. YOUR. STUPIDITY. It's asinine. The lack of accountability people have in the world is mind boggling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Human life should always be worth more than animali life. Sucks that it had to be a gorilla, yeah, but let's not get hypocritical. We put him in a cage and took away his liberties because he is an animal, and from that point on his life was justified only because he was entertaining. Sad but well, that's pretty much how it works.
    It wasn't that long ago that humans also did that with other humans. And time to blow your fucking mind. Humans are also animals.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean, what they do to their own kids? Notice how after that dragging, the kid didn't die? I wasn't aware that gorillas were experts in the art of asphyxiation.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

You mean, what they do to their own kids? Notice how after that dragging, the kid didn't die? I wasn't aware that gorillas were experts in the art of asphyxiation.
    Applying what one species does to it's children onto another species doesn't work :/
    I don't carry hundreds of children around on my back like a spider does. Why are you justifying a giant gorilla dragging a child around like it's nothing...

You keep bringing up the tranq as if the original post and every article since doesn't mention why they didn't tranq the gorilla..

I think you missed my post on previous page. So here, I'll just quote my own post.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    Yeah, because you expect the gorilla will gently hold the child in his arm and run away gracefully like a ballerina or some sort.

Well anyway, this specific Harambe wasn't taken from wildlife. He was born at zoo, raised by human and lived in the zoo for his lifetime. Which means he's used to be surrounded by human for it lifetime. It's very unlikely that he'll get aggressive toward a little boy who doesn't even poke him or harass him on the first place. It was the onlookers scream that agitated and made him threatened. It's really a basic instinct. Beside, if the gorilla was really that bloodthirst, that boy wouldn't last any minute on the pen with him. And the fact that the hospital found none of the serious injuries of the boy. Which I believe, the injuries were from the fall alone that he took, not from the gorilla's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Applying what one species does to it's children onto another species doesn't work :/
    I don't carry hundreds of children around on my back like a spider does. Why are you justifying a giant gorilla dragging a child around like it's nothing...

You keep bringing up the tranq as if the original post and every article since doesn't mention why they didn't tranq the gorilla..

Humans, gorillas, spiders..... one of these things is not like the others and 2 of them are very closely related. Do I need to tell you which?

I keep bringing up the tranq argument because it's should have been the logical choice. And another solution is the only way to prove the irresponsibility of those involved.

Move along.