Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Why do you like censorship so much, Orlong? Assuming you are serious, of course...
    You don't seem to understand the term censorship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its not censorship to deny people the right to watch something they didnt pay for. Censorship is altering the original content to keep people from seeing it. You can watch anything you want to on youtube uncensored. You just have to pay for it either through a Youtube red subscription or by watching an ad. You do NOT have a the right to download something that the creator doesnt want you to download and then watch it offline providing them with no revenue, nor are you to reuse the video by uploading it to another site where they wont be compensated or altering it
    Content streamed from the internet is content that is downloaded to my device.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    As an Internet user with a free browser that lets me access any content I can find freely online, I should be able to watch anything I can find by browsing. I have the right to download anything I can find; it is the people who upload the illegal content for everyone to see who should be targeted, not the users.
    No it isn't your right. Your right as they are about to prove is to simply WATCH what is on youtube unless otherwise given the ability to download it. Using third party software to download things off youtube and potentially edit and repost is stealing/pirating. The people uploading that content you suggest are doing so illegally by..... that's right downloading them off youtube illegally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Content streamed from the internet is content that is downloaded to my device.
    Actually it is not. Can you access that streamed content an hour later if I disconnect you from the internet if you had not done some other method to ensure that content was present? No. Streaming =/= download.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Coming very soon, actually!
    Sounds too good to be true!
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Actually it is not. Can you access that streamed content an hour later if I disconnect you from the internet if you had not done some other method to ensure that content was present? No. Streaming =/= download.
    If I disconnect my internet after something has been fully loaded I can watch it as long as I don't close my browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Ads without permission are kinda rape though as well.
    Yeah they are terrible. What percent of the screen being ads is too much? Is it okay if they trick you into clicking them? Are ads that cover your content okay? What about flashing and sound? Or redirects?

The answer is NO to all of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If I disconnect my internet after something has been fully loaded I can watch it as long as I don't close my browser.
    It's still not downloaded. Go do some research and there is a distinct difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Yeah they are terrible. What percent of the screen being ads is too much? Is it okay if they trick you into clicking them? Are ads that cover your content okay? What about flashing and sound? Or redirects?

The answer is NO to all of these.
    It was actually MMOC that made me get ad blocker. If you don't there's CONSTANTLY ads with sounds on it at the bottom and some you can't mute.

It's still not downloaded. Go do some research and there is a distinct difference.

- - - Updated - - -

It was actually MMOC that made me get ad blocker. If you don't there's CONSTANTLY ads with sounds on it at the bottom and some you can't mute.
    yeah, especially annoying if you keep multiple MMO tabs open...

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid really.

Deleted
    So, they can go against Piracy, but won't do jack with the #WTFU? Or reduce the Spam claims?

Alright then. F'ck em.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    You're taking the uploaders property without their consent and denying them both control over it and income from it. Yes, it's pirating.
    In the same way that recording a show on your DVR is, unless I'm completely misunderstanding what this is all about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i am confused how is this not legal under fair use?

you are watching a video....you record video like you do on a vcr/tivo/etc....you watch it again later.

how is that not fair use?
    If I remember right, it took a court case to establish those devices as fair use. More than likely that's what it will take again.

My opinion on the matter: It shouldn't be illegal to download videos. It should be illegal to upload copyrighted videos with intent to distribute. This is just an approach that requires as little work as possible for Youtube to do that might succeed.

If downloading is illegal then streaming is illegal too as you have the data in your cache at some point when you stream it.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-05-31 at 09:42 PM.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Only reason I come to MMOC these days is for the forums. News I find is slower than wowhead, and wowhead doesn't cause my adblock to reach 40+ per page. Like wtf ?

OT: I don't really see this doing that much .. and I wouldn't really call it pirating either. The people who download these videos likely have adblock enabled and I can't imagine it would be any tangible amount of viewers either.

Deleted
    Has nothing to do with combatting piracy, it's all about making Youtube Red relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Hey I have an idea!

Let's remove all copyrighted material from Youtube. All of it. Like, all of it. Including from people's videos where they use like 1-2 seconds of it, because fuck fair use. That would be removing what, 99.999% of the videos on Youtube?

Then, let's make Youtube subscription-based. You need to pay to see any videos.

Amazing, right! Sure, it's a complete 180 of what made Youtube popular, and would completely kill the site, but hey who cares. Because copyright laws are so important, amirite! Not like the music industry and smaller artists haven't gotten insane boosts thanks to people ignoring copyright laws. That hasn't happened, at all. Right?
    Apparently, not enough of a boost to make companies like iTunes and Amazon get a move on with their services for countries outside of US...I'd gladly pay to always have access to my favourite movies and tv shows, being able to buy episodes one at a time for a fee and then always having access etc etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    YouTube needs to get their own shit together before going after everyone else.

#WTFU
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Doesn't matter, I met the conditions you set out, stop trying to move the goal posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I believe using adblock makes you a thief (a scumbag at a minimum) as well because your browser isnt displaying those ads which means the website isnt making money from you. IF everyone used adblock, the internet would likely either go away ot you would have to pay a monthly subscription to every site
    People who go to the bathroom during commercial breaks are stealing too right? Get serious. Adblock exists as a reaction to the intrusiveness of advertising and nothing more. Companies have the means to block content to those blocking advertising. They also have competition that isn't doing that, so they aren't, because they will hurt their market share by doing that and lose anyway.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer if they ban garbage channels like femfreq and other trash tier nonsense by butthurt idiots.