Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial-sama View Post
    Having mentioned LSH, what do you guys think will happen with Arya in books? She'll definitely go for Westeros, but which part of it will she be in? Could she go north if Boltons are ousted by that time maybe? I don't see her going Vale/Reach/Westlands/King's Landing, Riverrun maybe for Nymeria?
    I think the Faceless Men will kill her. They don't come across as "bumbling" in the books as they do in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    We need to get a shot of Randyll in a helmet, then we'll understand what he is.
    Mace Tyrell's helmet has feathers. None of the other military leaders have feathers. He must be a genius tactician

Deleted

Since the night king got rezzed think his wife will too?

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I can't wait for Jaime and Brienne to strap on there jetpacks and make it to Riverrun from Castle Black and Kings Landing in a single episode.
    I know the weekly episode format doesn't reflect it well, but considering every season should be roughly a year's time span, I think we can imagine the events of an episode taking a month or so. So we may see some poetic license if Brienne shows up next episode (prolly 2 months of optimal horse travel), but a month's travel should be about right for Jaime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I know the weekly episode format doesn't reflect it well, but considering every season should be roughly a year's time span, I think we can imagine the events of an episode taking a month or so. So we may see some poetic license if Brienne shows up next episode (prolly 2 months of optimal horse travel), but a month's travel should be about right for Jaime.
    Yeah I know, I just find the jetpack joke funny.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    But Gendry's still rowing....

...where is Gendry even supposed to be rowing to? From Dragonstone to the mainland? WTF.
    Davos said he'd reach King's Landing if he stuck to the coast or something. Maybe he'll show up after King's Landing burns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Davos said he'd reach King's Landing if he stuck to the coast or something. Maybe he'll show up after King's Landing burns.
    Or probably he's already in KL, keeping his head down. Just in time for barbecue.

Quote Originally Posted by shitngiggles View Post
    You're completely right as I was talking about show's portrayal of Sam. And yeah, he's got a big brain and he's not afraid to use it. That is what makes his theft even more incomprehensible for me.
    I don't know that he's planning on turning right back around, at least I hope not. Would like to see him do some learning in the Citadel, however given the time left in the story, seems probable that he's going to make his return to the wall sooner rather than later. To that end, I think the sword swiping was deliberate and thought out, and though Sam won't admit it, very brave on his part.

The sword is useless on his father's wall, whereas it would be one of the most powerful weapons at Castle Black, and possibly necessary to save the world from the coming destruction - at least as far as Sam would be thinking.

Deleted
    To me it seems he didn't think consequences and just wanted to hurt his father.

a) Sam, Gilly and inbred monster baby leave quietly, no fuss no muss. Lord Tarly thanks the Seven for reprieve.

b) What happened. Lord Tarly blows a gasket, hunts his son down, lets his guards rape Gilly while forcing Sam to watch, bash her son against a tree and hangs Sam from nearby tree..if GRRM was writing the story on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I think she's going to hook up with Aegon and become his personal assassin(don't forget, in the books she goes over there at the Temples bidding, not as a runaway). This will lead her to take out the last few names on her list, but eventually Aegon will clash with Dany's army and send Arya to kill Dany's General.

The dashing bastard Jon Snow.
    As I suspect Young Griff is the "mummer's dragon", I think it would be a waste of a story line to have Arya latch on. To that end the entire Aegon storyline seems to be a big distraction that stalled the end of the story. I think the TV show got it right to cut the entire thing out. I would be perfectly happy if GRRM conceded that is was a mistake to keep adding story elements and found a way to quickly dispatch of Aegon, Connington, and the Golden Company.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shitngiggles View Post
    To me it seems he didn't think consequences and just wanted to hurt his father.
    Since they didn't exposition his motives, we can only go off Sam's character development to make an assumption of what his motives were. That said, I can agree to disagree with you since we are both guessing, I just don't think his character is as shallow or stupid as that would imply. I want to give him a lot more credit than simple klepto-revenge.

Deleted
    Since they didn't exposition his motives, we can only go off Sam's character development to make an assumption of what his motives were. That said, I can agree to disagree with you since we are both guessing, I just don't think his character is as shallow or stupid as that would imply. I want to give him a lot more credit than simple klepto-revenge.
    Yeah, we'll see how it pans out in a week or two. I don't think Sam's stupid by any means, he's a well-educated know-it-all who's in love. And feels have trumped Sam's brain for how many times now?

Although, his feelings might have also saved his bacon few times too. Damned complicated characters with issues, making us question their motives, actions and stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I'm still hoping Aegon is going to take the throne. With Dany acting increasingly more erratic and... Well, like her father, I'm hoping that Aegon will be the metaphorical "Other side of the coin" to balance it all out.

But that's mostly because I can't stand Dany.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

They need to show a Conan style "wheel of pain" montage with Gendry walking out of the boat at King's Landing, jacked like Conan the Barbarian, after rowing for 300+ miles.

no Davos told him to keep land on his left, while they were on island... he is rowing in circles

Deleted
    Let's get a few facts straight:

Randyll Tarly is in fact a skilled swordsman, who actively participated during Robert's rebellion and not merely from the side lines as a strategist.

It's pointless to compare him to Arthur Dayne; Dayne had absolutely no equal and considering this comes from the legendary Barristan Selmy, it's safe to assume it's more than a legend.

Jaime, is a worthless fighter now that he lost his sword hand and his relentless practice with Ilyin Payne, hasn't done him much good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Tbh I'm still hoping Aegon is going to take the throne. With Dany acting increasingly more erratic and... Well, like her father, I'm hoping that Aegon will be the metaphorical "Other side of the coin" to balance it all out.

But that's mostly because I can't stand Dany.
    I'm on team Night King personally, but given ending's gonna be bitter-sweet, hoomans will prevail.
    Aegon on the throne would be the ultimate wrench in everyone's plans, but I don't fancy the idea of him winning.

Wouldn't it be interesting to see all of major houses wiped out by the end of it? I doubt GRRM is that much of a cynic tho xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I suspect Young Griff is the "mummer's dragon", I think it would be a waste of a story line to have Arya latch on. To that end the entire Aegon storyline seems to be a big distraction that stalled the end of the story. I think the TV show got it right to cut the entire thing out. I would be perfectly happy if GRRM conceded that is was a mistake to keep adding story elements and found a way to quickly dispatch of Aegon, Connington, and the Golden Company.
    I... what? I mean that could be said for every storyline that isn't directly related to humans and WW's fighting. No Robert's rebellion. No K.L. intrigue. No Stannis. No Red Wedding. etc etc.

Aegon's storyline is actually more important for the overall history of Westeros than many that preceded it. It will be the last Blackfyre rebellion, which historically have been incredibly important events. It will fulfil multiple visions, foreshadowing and prophecies to multiple characters. It will make Doran's actions actually make sense, and ultimately Varys' as well. Connington, Doran, and Varys have all been compelling characters related to this storyline. (Granted, Varys acted outside of it too). Multiple minor characters have been as well. (I've seen quite a few Darkstar, Hotah, and even Aegon fans in this thread.)

As for the impression that its an afterthought, many of the visions / prophecies related to this storyline were laid out in books 1-3, showing that these aren't some add-ons. They were largely planned from the beginning.

At the risk of assuming too much, is it possible that you fell in love with the storylines from book 1 and once many reached their conclusion you didn't extend the same courtesy to the ones being introduced in 3 and 4?
    Last edited by Sooba; 2016-06-01 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    As for the impression that its an afterthought, many of the visions / prophecies related to this storyline were laid out in books 1-3, showing that these aren't some add-ons. They were largely planned from the beginning.

At the risk of assuming too much, is it possible that you fell in love with the storylines from book 1 and once many reached their conclusion you didn't extend the same courtesy to the ones being introduced in 3 and 4?
    Could be that Martin was planning this all along, but considering we would know very little of the Blackfyre rebellions had it not been for the Dunk&Egg books and WOIAF, it feels shoehorned in to introduce so many very prominent characters this late into the story. So maybe GRRM had them planned since the 1990's, I not going to sit here and say he didn't, I'm just saying, he should have done what D&D did and realize it's a little late to bring more new characters in. Book 5 felt like an entire book of everyone is traveling from here to there. This late into the story we should be seeing story lines start coalescing, not seeing new branches sprout up.

So it's probably just personal taste and preference, but the whole Griff/Aegon introduction really throws the pacing off for me, and feels like everything getting reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    I... what? I mean that could be said for every storyline that isn't directly related to humans and WW's fighting. No Robert's rebellion. No K.L. intrigue. No Stannis. No Red Wedding. etc etc.

Aegon's storyline is actually more important for the overall history of Westeros than many that preceded it. It will be the last Blackfyre rebellion, which historically have been incredibly important events. It will fulfil multiple visions, foreshadowing and prophecies to multiple characters. It will make Doran's actions actually make sense, and ultimately Varys' as well. Connington, Doran, and Varys have all been compelling characters related to this storyline. (Granted, Varys acted outside of it too). Multiple minor characters have been as well. (I've seen quite a few Darkstar, Hotah, and even Aegon fans in this thread.)

I fully believe Aegon was planned from the beginning of the books, mainly due to Varys: he's not a strict Dany supporter in the books like he is in the show; whether he was using Viserys/Dany as red herrings for Westerosi attention or just kept Aegon as backup plan, Aegon was within his plans likely from the get-go.

What you said almost confirms we won't be seeing Aegon in the series: too little time, Doran no longer relevant, Varys is with Dany. Majority of characters influenced by his storyline are either dead or were never in the show (like Arianne).
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.