10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Have you guys ever gone to a movie theater to watch an anime movie?
    Multiple. All the Madoka movies, Expelled from Paradise, Kizumonogatari, Bakemono no Ko, and Pokemon stuff when I was younger.

There's not much to talk about while waiting around for new JoJo and Tanaka-kun each week.

I haven't read Wild Grills yet this week so maybe there's a Jaegu shit post incoming.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2016-06-01 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from your mainstream stuff like Pokemon 1 and some Ghibli's, I haven't gone to the cinema to watch anime movies.

I do have a cinema within a few km of me that does seem to play them though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    *leaves to read more Coiling Dragon since book 16 is nearly done*
    on aneem topics: almost done my yu yu hakusho "rewatch"...Latest I saw in english way back when was definitely the dark tournament...and I didn't even see the conclusion of it.
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I've seen the Violet Evergarden CM soooo many times now...
    You should be watching the pinky promise scene from Re:Zero over and over again instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Yeah 1st Pokémon movie. More recently DB resurrection of freiza
    Pretty much this and Pokemon 3. They don't show anime (in the Japanese sense) in theatres in my city. Unless it's super popular like Dragon Ball. They don't show any of them. Pretty much Battle of the Gods and Resurrection of F have been the only anime movies they've shown in 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Have you guys ever gone to a movie theater to watch an anime movie?
    I would if American theaters actually screened anime films.

- - - Updated - - -

*Thumps head*

I saw the Victini film during it's weekend release in summer 2011 (damn that was long time ago remembering it now).

I haven't heard of a single anime movie being shown in theaters in the US ever since.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    I would if American theaters actually screened anime films.
    Dude, did you just complain about anime movie availability in fucking USA? Only Japan itself has more cinemas covering anime releases than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Dude, did you just complain about anime movie availability in fucking USA? Only Japan itself has more cinemas covering anime releases than you do.
    I haven't been living under a rock; I've never seen an anime film in theaters here outside the 14th Pokemon movie five years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

No listings on movie sites for anime films in theaters here
    No ads on the internet for anime films in theaters here
    No in theater teasers for them
    No posters
    No nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been living under a rock; I've never seen an anime film in theaters here outside the 14th Pokemon movie five years ago.
    Yeah only real way to be in the know is if you get the newsletters from the specific company that's licensing it to our theatres, or following the series enough to get news of it from others (IE I found out all about love live movie from the subreddit I check on every day, and I get emails from funimation about their movies)...
    [CENTER]

I don't know why you thought would be the second to top highest screening nation of anime films, but here in the US it just doesn't happen; anime films are either screened on television or just get the direct-to-video treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Yeah only real way to be in the know is if you get the newsletters from the specific company that's licensing it to our theatres, or following the series enough to get news of it from others (IE I found out all about love live movie from the subreddit I check on every day, and I get emails from funimation about their movies)...
    In which case it'd be a really niche situation like the 14th Pokemon film screened over a single weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    In which case it'd be a really niche situation like the 14th Pokemon film screened over a single weekend.
    Yeah that's how about 90% of the movies are. A week of screenings tops in whatever city it happens to air in (IE for the one I did I had to go to Boston, and it was only airing that one day)...They wouldn't put their money in advertising a subtitle only movie when most of the people who would go to watch it don't need ads / aren't able to go already due to location of screenings (one I wanted to see nearest was in NY and I'm in RI)
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you thought would be the second to top highest screening nation of anime films, but here in the US it just doesn't happen; anime films are either screened on television or just get the direct-to-video treatment.
    There are a couple theaters in my area that screen every new anime film a couple months after it comes out in Japan. Essentially every anime film that comes out gets showings in almost every state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    There are a couple theaters in my area that screen every new anime film a couple months after it comes out in Japan. Essentially every anime film that comes out gets showings in almost every state.
    RIP Rhode Island ='(
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    And a lot of them just don't work out for everyone. 99% of the time when an anime film is released in theatres, it's only shown in NYC in NY - meaning I need to plan out a least a 3-4 hour travel plan and take into account parking, walking distance, etc. I have friends even farther up north who need to do another hour or more.

For a lot of people in the US, theatre screenings just aren't worth it, so they don't bring money in. They don't bring money in, so theatres don't screen them... And so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    And a lot of them just don't work out for everyone. 99% of the time when an anime film is released in theatres, it's only shown in NYC in NY - meaning I need to plan out a least a 3-4 hour travel plan and take into account parking, walking distance, etc. I have friends even farther up north who need to do another hour or more.

For a lot of people in the US, theatre screenings just aren't worth it, so they don't bring money in. They don't bring money in, so theatres don't screen them... And so on.
    My place must be special then, cause a lot of smaller chains love taking in movies. One of them said they will do their best to get every anime film that comes out in Japan, another takes every dub that comes out, and there are a couple others further out I don't really bother with. All within 10 minutes to an hour drive.

Afaik lots of them sell out pretty quickly too.

Deleted
    Heya, guys. I want to watch Aria but I'm having trouble finding... you know. Any PMs about it and the sequel are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Heya, guys. I want to watch Aria but I'm having trouble finding... you know. Any PMs about it and the sequel are appreciated.
    I was going to say "Hulu" but they just lost it. And I didn't see it on that list posted earlier this week until now...I never got past the first few episodes and was looking forward to watching it once school got out. That's a bummer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    I was going to say "Hulu" but they just lost it. And I didn't see it on that list posted earlier this week until now...I never got past the first few episodes and was looking forward to watching it once school got out. That's a bummer.
    Yeah. Sucks when I want to really see a show and I can't find it anywhere to watch.

._ .'

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    anyone know any good sites for a free verification SMS?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.