Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Dalai Lama says 'Germany cannot become an Arab country.'

It's very sad when the Dalai Lama is a more staunch defender of Christendom than the Pope.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-migrants.html
    The Dalai Lama says Europe risks losing its identity by taking in too many migrants and warned: 'Germany cannot become an Arab country.'

Tibet's spiritual leader says refugees should only stay temporarily and return home to rebuild their countries when the conflicts have ended.

The Dalai Lama, who has himself lived in exile for over half a century, said: 'When we look into the face of every single refugee, especially the children and women, we can feel their suffering.

'A human being who is a bit more fortunate has the duty to help them. On the other hand, there are too many now.'

In an interview with German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, he said: 'Europe, for example Germany, cannot become an Arab country. Germany is Germany.

'There are so many that in practice it becomes difficult.'

He said 'from a moral point of view too, I think the refugees should only be admitted temporarily'.

'The goal should be that they return and help rebuild their countries.'
    People are unused to truth.
    People follow consistent truth.
    Respect the power and impact of truth.
    Men who speak truth drive value.

Deleted
    Too late unfortunately.

Should've taken in the Tibetans instead. They've been treated horribly by the Chinese government.

What does Christianity have to do with Germany's identity? Is Germany a theocracy or something?

Deleted
    Too late, Germany is doomed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I'm sure a nation of ~80 million Europeans will turn into an Arab nation just because they accept a bunch of refugees.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Yes I'm sure a nation of ~80 million Europeans will turn into an Arab nation just because they accept a bunch of refugees.
    If you are white British in London you are now a minority
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Nope.

Too late unfortunately.
    In what conceivable way is Germany "Arab"?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Endus will have a moral dilemma on whether to lock this thread or not.

We got a crusader over here. Mate, you are 700 years late to the party.

Isn't the Dalai Lama trying to reinstate the pampered theocracy in Tibet? I guess if anyone would know the harm a religion could have over a population, it'd be him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    I'm not so sure that's true, the numbers I've seen showed that ~60% of the total population of London are white. But even if what you are saying is true, so what? Are you saying that you have to be white to be British or to have "British" values? Just because you are a person of color doesn't mean that you want to turn the city or country you are currently living in into something else.
    Last edited by zephid; 2016-06-02 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Integration takes a lot of time, Turkish immigrants aren't properly integrated even after a few generations, while the german population will decline massively in the next few decades, only 39% of the population is under 40 years old and germans don't have many kids. So yes adding too many too fast can change everything, but a refugee is not the same as an immigrant in Germany. Refugees have to return home, once it is save. Unless they register for proper immigration and get it granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Walk around downtown of any larger city in Germany anytime, and absorb the languages you hear from people passing by. German is probably still the largest single language, but non-German would just as likely make up 50% or more of what you hear. (Or at least this horrible Arab-German-Whatever mix that sounds like someone pukes while trying to form a coherent sentence while feeling super cool and superior. (Hint: They're anything but.))
    This is a poor basis for any claim.

He's right, and he should know firsthand what it's like to be displaced.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is a poor basis for any claim.
    He's giving a personal account about how the place he lives has become drastically different than it was previously. While anecdotal evidence certainly is not conclusive in debate, It need not be dismissed as though the person giving it is being disingenuous. He having personal experience with the subject matter and it having a direct impact on his life is far more compelling than the 5 min research you or I can jam out on google.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    He's giving a personal account about how the place he lives has become drastically different than it was previously. While anecdotal evidence certainly is not conclusive in debate, It need not be dismissed as though the person giving it is being disingenuous. He having personal experience with the subject matter and it having a direct impact on his life is far more compelling than the 5 min research you or I can jam out on google.
    Why on earth should I not dismiss it? "Germany is Arab because I hear non German languages in a major city" is an absolute shit argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Why on earth should I not dismiss it? "Germany is Arab because I hear non German languages in a major city" is an absolute shit argument.
    He didn't make that argument. He said that German culture is far less prevalent in major German cities than it was previously, and gave a personal anecdote that reflected it. I'm all for enforcing logical arguments, but let's not confuse one claim for another.

Deleted
    Only white trash are worried about stuff like this. They have nothing except the color of their skin, and they feel it's being threatened.

Wealthy, educated white people don't care if they're a minority or not. They still hold all the money and all the power and can live in their luxury neighborhoods where there isn't a person of questionable origin in sight.

I for one wouldn't mind if there's just 1000 white people like me left in the world, as long as we're rich and living somewhere safe.

That might make for a cool science fiction movie: The entire world is one giant dumpster, everyone is of colored ethnic origin, except for a tiny white aristocracy who doesn't mingle with the plebs, and instead lives in their secure cities of shiny gold, protected by a drone and android army.

Elysium?
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2016-06-02 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kensai666 View Post
    I for one wouldn't mind if there's just 1000 white people like me left in the world, as long as we're rich and living somewhere safe.

That might make for a cool science fiction movie: The entire world is one giant dumpster, everyone is of colored ethnic origin, except for a tiny white aristocracy who doesn't mingle with the plebs, and instead lives in their secure cities of shiny gold, protected by a drone and android army.

Elysium?
    Who are then overthrown for their decadent lifestyle, exterminated and replaced by a new elite from those "rebels" that will fuck over those beneath them, so basic human history.