Quote Originally Posted by goibonuden View Post
    Ok, thanks for the info. Never raided much in wotlk so I'm clueless about it. According to this though: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ed-the-longest it did take longer for yogg at least? "#5 Yogg-Saron, Alone in the Darkness - 70 days from One Light in the Darkness. 7th July 2009 " if this is correct he was the 5. longest living boss in the games history.
    Yogg 0 was a verry awkward fight. In the end the boys from STARS used 10 affliction locks and killed it. From the little I remember, not a lot of guilds were attempting it and some were saying it was impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Yogg 0 was a verry awkward fight. In the end the boys from STARS used 10 affliction locks and killed it. From the little I remember, not a lot of guilds were attempting it and some were saying it was impossible.
    Yeah basically. Most guilds didn't do 0 lights until the aff lock cheese happened.

aight, ty for the info both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Yeah basically. Most guilds didn't do 0 lights until the aff lock cheese happened.
    I remember defending the STARS guys in /2. So many people were butt-hurt about the way the fight was handled.

- - - Updated - - -

aight, ty for the info both of you.
    Heh no problem.

Man this makes me feel old.

Not that it's a fair comparison, but pretty cool that ragnaros still holds that record by far, with over 150 days alive from his release.

Not that it's a fair comparison, but pretty cool that ragnaros still holds that record by far, with over 150 days alive from his release.
    Is there any info that shows the time it took from the first boss kill in MC to the first Rag kill?

Yeah when you look at those lists you can basically see the changes in the raid design haha.

Is there any info that shows the time it took from the first boss kill in MC to the first Rag kill?
    http://manaflask.com/articles/a-hist...firsts-vanilla

Lucifron
    Fires of Heaven US, 19.01.2005

Ragnaros
    Ascent US, 25.04.2005

So a bit over 3 months. edit: 3 months, not 4

http://manaflask.com/articles/a-hist...firsts-vanilla

Lucifron
    Fires of Heaven US, 19.01.2005

Ragnaros
    Ascent US, 25.04.2005

So a bit over 3 months. edit: 3 months, not 4
    Shit, that's still a respectable number. Also didn't know that Ensidia's site was still up. I used to follow their mages for tips and tricks.

Shit, that's still a respectable number. Also didn't know that Ensidia's site was still up. I used to follow their mages for tips and tricks.
    I expect it has much to do with all the fire resist needed? Sure you needed fire resistance for other bosses in MC but for raggy you REALLY needed a lot of it. That + taking time to gear up 40 people well enough to have both enough fire resist and other stats to take him down.

I expect it has much to do with all the fire resist needed? Sure you needed fire resistance for other bosses in MC but for raggy you REALLY needed a lot of it. That + taking time to gear up 40 people well enough to have both enough fire resist and other stats to take him down.
    That and the fact there were no resources to research how to do the fight and no PTR to test the boss. They had to do it as it went.

That and the fact there were no resources to research how to do the fight and no PTR to test the boss. They had to do it as it went.
    True, I imagine it took some time before people understood how important FR was and how much of it they needed + what other stats were best etc. Blizz didn't help out in that regard at all did they?

True, I imagine it took some time before people understood how important FR was and how much of it they needed + what other stats were best etc. Blizz didn't help out in that regard at all did they?
    Nah they didn't - they were more concerned with the bugs and the servers going into meltdown. It really was like the Wild West. I think that competitive raiding took off around AQ and reached its peak in Wrath - both Blizzard was supporting the competition and there was interest about it.

Nah they didn't - they were more concerned with the bugs and the servers going into meltdown. It really was like the Wild West. I think that competitive raiding took off around AQ and reached its peak in Wrath - both Blizzard was supporting the competition and there was interest about it.
    Naxx competitive pve was lit.

Naxx competitive pve was lit.
    Heh, Kungen's boys were something else.

Heh, Kungen's boys were something else.
    I was more a Death and Taxes guy, myself. Risen was good too. Hell, any alliance pve lol.

I was more a Death and Taxes guy, myself. Risen was good too. Hell, any alliance pve lol.
    Man, those paladins were such an asset in Naxx it was ridiculous. I loved my bubble boys to death because they kept giving me Sanctuary as I couldn't manage my threat lol. How the Horde were doing it was beyond me - that's why I respected Nihilum so much.

Man, those paladins were such an asset in Naxx it was ridiculous. I loved my bubble boys to death because they kept giving me Sanctuary as I couldn't manage my threat lol. How the Horde were doing it was beyond me - that's why I respected Nihilum so much.
    hours played
    I think nihilum was one of the few actual full time raid guilds

Deleted
    Warlock dps also varied from good to top levels throughout all raid tiers.
    Really? From what i remember warlocks and hunters were at the bottom while rogues, mages and fury warriors were at the top (especially rogues), i've been watching some raiding videos from Nostalrius raids and it looks the same there.
    It would however be interesting to see some BiS dps rankings from vanilla and TBC, i haven't been able to find any though.

hours played
    I think nihilum was one of the few actual full time raid guilds
    I thought they got sponsored in TBC, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Really? From what i remember warlocks and hunters were at the bottom while rogues, mages and fury warriors were at the top (especially rogues), i've been watching some raiding videos from Nostalrius raids and it looks the same there.
    It would however be interesting to see some BiS dps calculations from vanilla and TBC, haven't been able to find any though.
    TBC - mages were good until SWP, hunters were okay, rogues were cool, locks crushed everything.