Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Nah what I am saying is that when that petition happened and the servers opened it didn't get that close to the 500k people that signed it saying they'd play it. And I don't know what that last graph you linked was but it shows runescape barely breaking 1mil at its peak.
    oops yep my mistake somehow mistook aion and runescape. sorry, guess í am too tired.

I would still say that their playerstats point to it being roughly 500k-ish of players. at the very beginning of osrs and nowadays after a dip mid 2013 till early 2015.
    but whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
    oops yep my mistake somehow mistook aion and runescape. sorry, guess í am too tired.

I would still say that their playerstats point to it being roughly 500k-ish of players. at the very beginning of osrs and nowadays after a dip mid 2013 till early 2015.
    but whatever
    Hard to say, as I'd not call any of that stuff official numbers. But the point I am making is that their petition got a ton of votes over time, over 500k if I recall. But if you look at the numbers of people playing in that period on that OSRS it wasn't near that number. And it is totally different circumstances too. OSRS had an initial cost but I believe it was a lot lower than what Blizz would be charging for Legacy. The point I am making is that OSRS isn't Legacy WoW but if you want to use that Runescape information you have to look at the petition and then the turnout on those realms from the people that voted.

I think using Runescape or Everquest as examples to why Legacy is a viable idea does not actually help your cause. Or if it helps it it also harms it at the same time. You should be looking at Legacy on its own merits and what it could bring to the table if it was going to happen. I DO think if Blizzard announced Legacy realms that it would have a good turnout at first. The issues with Legacy is the long term sustainability and that is where I balk at the idea. I think you'd have a lot of people that check it out but likely don't make it past the first paid month.

Deleted
    Hard to say, as I'd not call any of that stuff official numbers. But the point I am making is that their petition got a ton of votes over time, over 500k if I recall. But if you look at the numbers of people playing in that period on that OSRS it wasn't near that number. And it is totally different circumstances too. OSRS had an initial cost but I believe it was a lot lower than what Blizz would be charging for Legacy. The point I am making is that OSRS isn't Legacy WoW but if you want to use that Runescape information you have to look at the petition and then the turnout on those realms from the people that voted.

I think using Runescape or Everquest as examples to why Legacy is a viable idea does not actually help your cause. Or if it helps it it also harms it at the same time. You should be looking at Legacy on its own merits and what it could bring to the table if it was going to happen. I DO think if Blizzard announced Legacy realms that it would have a good turnout at first. The issues with Legacy is the long term sustainability and that is where I balk at the idea. I think you'd have a lot of people that check it out but likely don't make it past the first paid month.
    I just watched that previously linked video, I am too lazy if the data was actually correct, but they already said yes to oldschool runescape when they were at a 160k vote and the vote closed with like 439k votes.
    their petition only had roughly 40k signatures.
    their concurrent player peak at release was more than 50k...
    I would say that the amount of support for it was smaller than the amount of people that played it.
    these 45k concurrent osrs players are a very solid number... you can look yourself how high up it would be in steams charts:
    http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

edit: that was apparently their petition: https://www.change.org/p/jagex-games...into-runescape

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
    I just watched that previously linked video, I am too lazy if the data was actually correct, but they already said yes to oldschool runescape when they were at a 160k vote and the vote closed with like 439k votes.
    their petition only had roughly 40k signatures.
    their concurrent player peak at release was more than 50k...
    I would say that the amount of support for it was smaller than the amount of people that played it.
    these 45k concurrent osrs players are a very solid number... you can look yourself how high up it would be in steams charts:
    http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

edit: that was apparently their petition: https://www.change.org/p/jagex-games...into-runescape
    Yeah there were some wrinkles to that vote though. They could have had free servers from the get-go if they had 750k votes. Also that 439k votes took quite a while to reach if what I've read is true. This is something that happened some time ago so getting data for it isn't easy. I don't know when the petition happened vs the vote system coming on line but I imagine the petition was up a month or so, they got the numbers they wanted and then started the vote thing?

Deleted
    Yeah there were some wrinkles to that vote though. They could have had free servers from the get-go if they had 750k votes. Also that 439k votes took quite a while to reach if what I've read is true. This is something that happened some time ago so getting data for it isn't easy. I don't know when the petition happened vs the vote system coming on line but I imagine the petition was up a month or so, they got the numbers they wanted and then started the vote thing?
    the best I can give you right now is just the video that someone posted a few posts back.
    the petition stuff starts at 5minutes 50 inclusive of dates and stuff https://youtu.be/iricBvFXh0E?t=5m50s
    but I'm gonna go sleep now

Some of us just want Legion and beyond to succeed and don't really want Legacy tacked on as some life support experiment. But if you guys get your Legacy then it is what it is. Though based on the tone from Nost's meeting I wouldn't expect a whole lot in the near future.

- - - Updated - - -

The first part is true though, I really didn't expect this response from Blizzard, even if they know it isn't something they would do they are keeping the door open later down the road.

On the won't do shit and petitions don't work at all stuff, for now that stuff is still technically true. The petition hasn't given them Legacy yet and Blizzard is 'listening' which could be something and could be nothing.
    This is basically all true. Blizzard did their good "PR" move, now they can string along the legacy server crowd like they did the flight crowd for so long. Except they can string the legacy crowd along ad infinitum.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    This is basically all true. Blizzard did their good "PR" move, now they can string along the legacy server crowd like they did the flight crowd for so long. Except they can string the legacy crowd along ad infinitum.
    Maybe, I mean I assume Legacy will happen at some point in the future, but it feels like something they'd do after they can any plan for future expansions and just get a last bit of money out of the whole thing. I think this will all die down a bit more if Blizz just strings them along and the Nost people never really say anything big. I mean the 'hype' has already nearly vanished and I don't think some bombshell is coming from the Nost people. We'll see.

So, THE meeting just happened and theres no celebration from the nostalgic folks and only two new pages on this thread? The vanilla hype its definitley dying

This was the moment for a victory announcement. Not just a "We had a couple beers and some chat. Great times" kind of tweet.
    Last edited by Etselion; 2016-06-05 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    It won't make a difference. People have made threads daily since Vanilla ended, all this did was hype it up more even if it dies down a bit.

Deleted
    Yeah, MMO-champion is the origin and frontline of all things World of Warcraft and Vanilla-server hype. As you might also be able to tell, MMO-champion also develop the game as they post the BETA changes, and all Feedback here gets applied.

Nost was a lot of fun, but I can see where Blizz is coming from. As someone who has played (and still does) since 2005, I would make a toon or two on a legacy server, but it wouldn't overtake my live version toons. Would just be kind of nice to have a handful of 60/70/80's servers.

Maybe, I mean I assume Legacy will happen at some point in the future, but it feels like something they'd do after they can any plan for future expansions and just get a last bit of money out of the whole thing. I think this will all die down a bit more if Blizz just strings them along and the Nost people never really say anything big. I mean the 'hype' has already nearly vanished and I don't think some bombshell is coming from the Nost people. We'll see.
    Oh, I agree about the hype. It was kind of one of those "flash-in-the-pan" type of things. Blizzard did their due-diligence and can move on from it now and focus entirely on Legion (at least the WoW team.)

The vanilla community does not die anyway, other private servers are alive and well. The muggles think there was just one vanilla server and now it's closed Blizzard is the only hope, but that's completely false. Losing the character every two years because of problems can be refreshing. It's how it works, and it works well.
    And @Lobosan, Legion is irrelevant, it's a way too different public, to put it in Ghostcrawler's words.
    What can die tho is the vision of Nostalrius team as the ambassador of the community. They'll go back to the shadows.
    The overall impact on servers population is great, it increased everywhere since more people are aware of it. You could say Nostalrius multiplied as a cell, instead of being just shut down.
    Last edited by Koward; 2016-06-05 at 06:57 AM.

Some of us just want Legion and beyond to succeed and don't really want Legacy tacked on as some life support experiment. But if you guys get your Legacy then it is what it is. Though based on the tone from Nost's meeting I wouldn't expect a whole lot in the near future.

- - - Updated - - -

The first part is true though, I really didn't expect this response from Blizzard, even if they know it isn't something they would do they are keeping the door open later down the road.

On the won't do shit and petitions don't work at all stuff, for now that stuff is still technically true. The petition hasn't given them Legacy yet and Blizzard is 'listening' which could be something and could be nothing.
    Drop the passive-aggressive attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Drop the passive-aggressive attitude.
    How about no.

How about no.
    Do you want to have a discussion and be treated like an adult or do you want me to treat you like a child? I prefer the former, rather than the latter.

Do you want to have a discussion and be treated like an adult or do you want me to treat you like a child? I prefer the former, rather than the latter.
    So you want me to have a normal discussion treating me like an adult when you make snide comments such as "Drop the passive-aggressive attitude." Yeah I can see this conversation going places after you open with that. You may not like the attitude I presented in a text based format and that is fine but I don't really have much to say to you when you open up with a comment like that.

So you want me to have a normal discussion treating me like an adult when you make snide comments such as "Drop the passive-aggressive attitude." Yeah I can see this conversation going places after you open with that. You may not like the attitude I presented in a text based format and that is fine but I don't really have much to say to you when you open up with a comment like that.
    Believe it or not, I actually read all of the comments you make and usually you make a good point and I value your input and your opinion. That said, sometimes you come off sounding like a child or a passive-aggressive ass. Your response to my comment was nothing more than nit-picking, that's why I reacted the way I did.

Believe it or not, I actually read all of the comments you make and usually you make a good point and I value your input and your opinion. That said, sometimes you come off sounding like a child or a passive-aggressive ass. Your response to my comment was nothing more than nit-picking, that's why I reacted the way I did.
    Fair enough and yes sometimes I do have a passive aggressive or even aggressive tone to my posts it really depends on what I am replying to and the tone of the post that I reply to. I've been pretty bad in many posts in this thread but over the past 1400~ pages it has been hit and miss with the attitudes of all parties involved. However I wasn't trying to come off that way in that particular post.

I still stand by my statements that I feel Legacy can hurt WoW in the long term. I don't think the Nost meeting went particularly well based on the things they have said thus far. Maybe more will come of it in the next few weeks but I didn't get a good vibe from it.

Fair enough and yes sometimes I do have a passive aggressive or even aggressive tone to my posts it really depends on what I am replying to and the tone of the post that I reply to. I've been pretty bad in many posts in this thread but over the past 1400~ pages it has been hit and miss with the attitudes of all parties involved. However I wasn't trying to come off that way in that particular post.

I still stand by my statements that I feel Legacy can hurt WoW in the long term. I don't think the Nost meeting went particularly well based on the things they have said thus far. Maybe more will come of it in the next few weeks but I didn't get a good vibe from it.
    Yeah I know what you mean. I think that whether-or-not we get legacy servers will depend on how Legion performs and how disgruntled the community continues to be.