Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    We are everywhere.
    Something something legion, something forgive, something forget.

7+ Year Old Account
    god luck to whole who apply

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I read this and the time commitment it implies and it reminds me of the moderation or rather post-rating rules that Slashdot.org had once upon a time (or they still do, I don't know). Because they had a very high need for moderators and they couldn't do it on their own, and at the same time few people wanted to commit a lot of time at it, they actually gave temporary permissions to people to rate posts, and they were chosen more frequently based on their own appearance. What I'm getting at with this is that if you want more moderators in the forum, it might be a good idea to give some higher privileges to some people at least temporarily without them asking at all for it, just by you noticing them.

We have some very brilliant posters in this forum that are never flame baiting but they are very few among the bulk and they will unlikely apply.

The form that could take technically could be "you have been chosen to have top priority for your "Report Post" reports to be acted upon".
    It's really not that time consuming to be in IRC honestly. I usually just start it up and check it every like 10-15 minutes to see if anyone said anything to me. (You can set it to make a noise when you're pinged, but I uh...haven't set that yet, don't tell them! )

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    We are (MMO-Mods) Legion.

Also, here's hoping I can make into the Hearthstone sub-forum. Love the game.
    Join meeeeee

;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

Join meeeeee

;p
    Do you have cookies?
    Are they preeeety good?

10+ Year Old Account
    We are (MMO-Mods) Legion.

Also, here's hoping I can make into the Hearthstone sub-forum. Love the game.
    Eventually...

And good luck!, i shall try with the Lore sub-forum but i have to wait like 30 days to fill another form cause when i filled it i was kind of drunk and didnt actually gave any good answer :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Eventually...

And good luck!, i shall try with the Lore sub-forum but i have to wait like 30 days to fill another form cause when i filled it i was kind of drunk and didnt actually gave any good answer :S
    I've seen you posting around for a while now...
    Que bueno ver a otro Quisqueyano en estos foros

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Eventually...

I apped to the Lore forum and Gen-OT forum. Its kinda neat.

Good luck!

Good luck to everyone as well. Trying for FF14 but that seems to be very tame so doubtful. Plus tbh my behavior needs to improve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen you posting around for a while now...
    Que bueno ver a otro Quisqueyano en estos foros
    Yes, i may even post more than i should :P
    Igualmente amigo!, me acuerdo que la primera vez que lei tu nombre solo pense... "Debe de ser Dominicano"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Can i has mod?
    You can try, but you have... a lovely history, so i wonder...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my! that was fast... banned already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if there isn't perhaps a better, more modern alternative to IRC.

I used to frequent IRC back in the 90's. 20 some-odd years later, I find it difficult to accept that IRC is the best choice for real-time communication, with options such as Discord (and the like) out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post

I used to frequent IRC back in the 90's. 20 some-odd years later, I find it difficult to accept that IRC is the best choice for real-time communication, with options such as Discord (and the like) out there.
    It's low-impact, works on pretty much any platform (even phones), is stable, and completely free. Just checking Discord's site, it isn't available for Linux, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post

I haven't used Discord myself, but apparently Discord hooks into IRC. The Mage Altered-Time channel has a Discord bot that most are on instead of using an IRC client. Maybe MMO-C has one set up already? cc: @chaud

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I haven't used Discord myself, but apparently Discord hooks into IRC. The Mage Altered-Time channel has a Discord bot that most are on instead of using an IRC client. Maybe MMO-C has one set up already? cc: @chaud
    We have a Curse Voice channel we haven't really advertised yet. Both Discord and Curse voice don't have actual log exporting and are heavier than a simple IRC client, don't work everywhere, and have other drawbacks. For now we are happy with IRC.

Ooo a curse voice, neat I'll definitely hop in there. And yeah the IRC seems like it works well wish more people chatted there.

Also good luck to everyone who has applied ^^

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    We have a Curse Voice channel we haven't really advertised yet. Both Discord and Curse voice don't have actual log exporting and are heavier than a simple IRC client, don't work everywhere, and have other drawbacks. For now we are happy with IRC.
    Sorry I meant to say Altered-Time still uses IRC, but people are able to chat with Discord in it somehow instead of using an IRC client. A bot processes all the messages so you see <Discord> <username> in chat. Not sure how that works but they get the best of both worlds that way. Channel is #alteredtime on quakenet also if you want to check it out, but yeah I have no idea how the setup on that goes

I like IRC, has an old-school feel.

I am tempted to apply, so @Endus @Nixx and I can form an ultra-liberal mod super PAC just to annoy the super conservative posters in off-topic. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    IRC isn't something you are expected to be reading and chatting in constantly. We ask that moderators be in it while they are moderating (although many of us are there all the time) for the purposes of asking questions from the team and/or for getting in touch with admins, globals and other mods quickly and so they can also get in touch with you. You do not need to be reading it all the time; you can set pings up to notify you if you get a direct query or someone says a relevant keyword (like if you are a warlock mod, set to 'warlock'). The important thing is that it allows for quick and easy communication when necessary.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |