Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    Not everyone cares about winning. Nor do they have to win to enjoy the game. If they wanna play the hero the enjoy most even if they lose, then let them. It's not like you get any money for winning.
    Its not them losing. ITS THE WHOLE TEAM!
    They are making the TEAM as a whole lose because they refuse to actually play the game.

5 people are getting shafted because one person has a "I paid this so I got a right to fuck you all over" mentality.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    No problem, if you dont like sense and reasonableness, then feel free to ignore me.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, I'm the one saying people should be accepting, play for fun and have a good time.
    You are on the side of getting angry at people and bitching if they dont play the way you want.

and i am the angry one? hilarious.
    And if some people find it fun to play for the win (including hero swapping etc), who are you to deny that person that? He/she also payed for the game.
    Goes both ways, y'know. Just saying!
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    No problem, if you dont like sense and reasonableness, then feel free to ignore me.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, I'm the one saying people should be accepting, play for fun and have a good time.
    You are on the side of getting angry at people and bitching if they dont play the way you want.

and i am the angry one? hilarious.
    So quick to be judgemental on people you know nothing about on the internet.

I didn't say how "i want" one single time i said how the game creaters intended but please do insult me more and assume more about how i treat other people.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    They are making the TEAM as a whole lose because they refuse to actually play the game.

5 people are getting shafted because one person has a "I paid this so I got a right to fuck you all over" mentality.
    Welcome to pugs. I am not sure how Overwatch works with forming groups but I would think you should be able to weed out the AFKers over time and form better groups. Like WoW PvP, if you match up with a group of pugs there will likely be at least one AFK. I usually wait for a guild group to enter any PvP.
    Last edited by Milch; 2016-06-07 at 01:08 PM.

Welcome to playing games with random people.

This sentence doesn't make sense but I will try to reply.
    I already did switch to the other hero as I always do seeing I play to beat the other team and do the objectives.
    Them sitting on hanzo and widow at the back of the base isn't helping the team and they should have switched to ANY actually useful picks that could include Winston, Pharah, Mercy(could always use a 2nd healer), Reaper, McCree, Junkrat, Mei, Tracer, Genji, Roadhog, Zenyatta.
    You know, anything that will actually get into the fight?

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, now I remember why I ignore you in Off topic! thanks for reminding me!

It doesn't matter play DOOM its more fun then overwatch and you will like it more.

Deleted
    What kind of response is this? :S
    I paid for it so I play how I want? Fuck the other 5 people in my team?

Seems quite selfish to me.
    And yet that's exactly how it's supposed to be played, you should have fun playing the game, as long as you have fun, you are doing it right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    It doesn't matter play DOOM its more fun then overwatch and you will like it more.
    Played doom and it was fun for 2 hours.
    Still not sure what you are trying to say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iQ Superi0r View Post
    And yet that's exactly how it's supposed to be played, you should have fun playing the game, as long as you have fun, you are doing it right.
    no, just no.
    If I personally have fun but ruin it for 5 others I am not playing the game right.
    I am being a selfish "person" fucking over 5 other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    DOOM MP is about as fun as the receiving end of a Mei freeze.

The ONLY advantage to winning is 600xp bonus.

Everything else is exactly the same, unless you care heavily about your K/D ratio or win rate, if so wait for competitive which should matter to you since you seem to only care about winning.

Also, They are allowed to play the game how they want. If you're unhappy with what they're doing, you have the option to "Avoid this player" and if they're griefing/spamming/harrassing, you can report them.

The problem is that there are only these objective game modes... These are the type of people that play Team Deathmatch and FFA in other shooters.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some are griefers, some legitimately can't have fun unless they play x hero. In the end, there's a group of people playing this game that find enjoyment out of carrying out the gameplay and objectives the exact way they are laid out. You work with your team to win. All of those people will gladly move on to ranked as soon as it is available. At that point, regular queue will become the most cancerous battleground where you see ridiculous things in every match. It will be a terrifying place and I wonder how bad it will be for new players.

But at least we can look forward to ranked. Until then, find some friends and play with them. The bonus XP is almost required to make any form of progress for loot boxes anyways.
    BAD WOLF

So? There will always be another game.
    No reason he shouldn't enjoy it just so you can. There is no pareto efficient solution here. Don't act like that happens every single game.

no, just no.
    If I personally have fun but ruin it for 5 others I am not playing the game right.
    I am being a selfish "person" fucking over 5 other people.
    If that's what you want to call it, but I'd argue that if you think a complete stranger should cater to your wishes, you might be the more selfish person in the group. For example, I know I'm not very good at this type of game. Your argument seems to lead to a conclusion that I don't deserve to play at all because teams I'm on will have to compensate for me, thus ruining their game/fun. If I'm wrong, fine, but that sort of thinking is pretty flawed, IMO.

I like to play Reinhardt, a lot. Typically If I don't pick him straight away it won't be long till some random Hanzo or McCree is spamming "We need a tank" over and over again. So, I pick Reinhardt. But those whingers crying for a Tank do not proceed to play as if there is a tank, they continue as if there is no tank at all.

So I ask, what is the point? I mean, Blizzard themselves state that Hero switching is a central part of the Overwatch game play and by and large the community agrees, but what is the point? If player X sucks so bad, people have to rage/spam chat or run to forums to alert others that Hanzo99 didn't change when asked to, what makes these people complaining think Hanzo99 will be any better on another Hero? Aside from the foolish notion that Hanzo99 will actually perform better if he does switch, in Quick Play its often better to stay on your first pick to get off your Ultimate than keeps switching up to counter X,Y or Z because randomguy69 told you too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    So? There will always be another game.
    No reason he shouldn't enjoy it just so you can. There is no pareto efficient solution here. Don't act like that happens every single game.
    Jesus christ.
    I give up, not sure when it started being ok to fuck people over for your own enjoyment.. but whatever.
    This community.. pff.

They are in fact allowed to play the game how they want. But you're also allowed to criticize them, and IMO very fairly. There's nothing you can really do about it, but it's definitely not playing the game "wrong"; self-limitations can also be done for the sake of challenge, or if that person is trying to find every situation that Hanzo is good at and bad at, since, while it doesn't really apply to Hanzo, this can be slightly deceptive at times and grasping every time it's good to use a character against certain comps isn't always obvious immediately.

Instead of expecting your teammates to switch, just switch to adapt to them. That's the best you can do, because players will play how they want, especially considering how lax Overwatch currently is (although this is almost definitely going to change over time).
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-06-07 at 01:21 PM.

Its in any mode in a team game.
    You are not playing alone and houyi just doesn't care about anyone but him self as you can read from his posts.

This is no way to play with other people around the world.
    If you want to play this way you should go play a single player game..

People muting chat just because there are a few bad apples in the community.
    How sad .
    Doesn't matter in normal games still. It's not worth getting angry over, because there's no set way to play a quick match. People do whatever they wanna do.

Ranked on the other hand plays for keeps; you get some point system so you can rank up and play with what should ostensibly be better, more skilled people, and puts a number on your own skill level as well. By then, I entirely agree with you, and people who just do whatever are a clear detriment and it has an actual consequence other than losing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    If you decide not to run with a team, then that is your choice. They can do what they want and you have no right to tell them otherwise.
    Hahaha! Yeah I bought this car and I can weave in and out of traffic without signaling if I want to, it's my right! Haha! This is exactly the kind of thinking that ruins games like these. Selfish beyond reason. If people act like this in real life, in actual groups of people, they get thrown out of the group and nobody wants them around.
    But for some reason, online, this is acceptable because "they've got the right".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Doesn't matter in normal games still. It's not worth getting angry over, because there's no set way to play a quick match. People do whatever they wanna do.

Ranked on the other hand plays for keeps; you get some point system so you can rank up and play with what should ostensibly be better, more skilled people, and puts a number on your own skill level as well. By then, I entirely agree with you, and people who just do whatever are a clear detriment and it has an actual consequence other than losing.
    But you WILL get punished for leaving these, sadly frequent, games.

- - - Updated - - -

Jesus christ.
    I give up, not sure when it started being ok to fuck people over for your own enjoyment.. but whatever.
    This community.. pff.
    It's not just this community, it's an attitude of the generations of people who grew up thinking it's okay to be shit and utterly selfindulgent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelhiss View Post
    If that's what you want to call it, but I'd argue that if you think a complete stranger should cater to your wishes, you might be the more selfish person in the group. For example, I know I'm not very good at this type of game. Your argument seems to lead to a conclusion that I don't deserve to play at all because teams I'm on will have to compensate for me, thus ruining their game/fun. If I'm wrong, fine, but that sort of thinking is pretty flawed, IMO.

The game tell you what to do, it says you have to many snipers on the right side.
    This means you HAVE TO MANY SNIPERS and you are ruining your chances of doing well.

All I asked if for people to actually play the game as its supposed to be played instead of "I paid so I do whatever the fuck I want, respect my authority" shit.
    The game is made as a team game to go for objectives and beat the other team.
    Its not my little pony fun world were you walk around all day.

I also said in my first post I asked the person nicely if they would swap as hanzo on Temple of anubis attack is useless till you get to point B.
    I did not rage, did not tell him what to do I asked him and told him my reasons for asking him.
    And all you guys are doing is attacking me personally over and over.