Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can tell you 100% this has NOTHING to do with prestine or legacy servers, it was a LEGION summit.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    You're right, those games are still out there, but I don't exactly say they are successful. They were forced to do so or die completely. WoW still can afford to maintain it's current payment method and still be the reigning MMORPG in the market.
    If its still running and making profit then its successful.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Started out as pristine server announcement speculation and you seem to be derailing it and getting a little angry :^] you aren't going to get what you want :^]

Quoted wrong person my bad. On stupid phone
    I'm not going to get what I want? I have exactly what I want, a game which updates. What I don't want is Blizzard to waste resources supporting game play I got bored of years ago.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could be anything:

- the next expansion after Legion
    - the revelation that Legion will be the last expansion of the game
    - announcement that Thal'darah (?) won't ever make it into Legion
    - the big-bad of Legion
    - WoW being discontinued after Legion in favour of Overwatch, Hearthstone, and HotS
    - the exact pre-patch date
    - a "Warcraft 4" type game
    - they're going to remove the talent system and give all specs their entire talent trees
    - they're going to make legendary drops not drop randomly from world mobs

I'm just thinking aloud here. All of the above could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I'm not going to get what I want? I have exactly what I want, a game which updates. What I don't want is Blizzard to waste resources supporting game play I got bored of years ago.
    My phone quoted wrong person. Was meant for the legacy server guy

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    I can tell you 100% this has NOTHING to do with pristine or legacy servers, it was a LEGION summit.
    Oh don't worry, don't even try to bring in some common sense to mmochamp, just don't bother ok, your sanity will be at risk, just take care of yourself... delusional "pristine" bunch will jump around for anything as always, so just ignore then, like they should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Either the pre-patch/ptr or the whole function and features of the facebook integration.

1. It will be Legion related, no idea why so many people think of the most unrelated things
    2. It will not be something negative (like cut content or discontiniuing a product). It has to be something that those tweeter were excited about and they are waiting for. Does really anyone think that this could be related to cut content or end of wow?

Seriously, guys...

My money is on a new Lords Of War series.
    Optionally a pre-patch PTR announcement.

Legion lords of war seems legit. But there could be another reason for the NDA. In the past they've used NDA's to give time for people to write articles and publish them at the same time. Don't want to give the US fansites too much advantage for having no roaming data charges

Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    Oh don't worry, don't even try to bring in some common sense to mmochamp, just don't bother ok, your sanity will be at risk, just take care of yourself... delusional "pristine" bunch will jump around for anything as always, so just ignore then, like they should be.
    Well blizzard mentioned pristine realms months ago and the best time to launch that would be around the launch of an expansion
    So I guess fuck me for thinking outside the box huh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Could be anything:

- the next expansion after Legion
    - the revelation that Legion will be the last expansion of the game
    - announcement that Thal'darah (?) won't ever make it into Legion
    - the big-bad of Legion
    - WoW being discontinued after Legion in favour of Overwatch, Hearthstone, and HotS
    - the exact pre-patch date
    - a "Warcraft 4" type game
    - they're going to remove the talent system and give all specs their entire talent trees
    - they're going to make legendary drops not drop randomly from world mobs

you have too high expectations...

Maybe there was no big "annuncement"... just a normal press events where Blizzard show Legion to the press, show a couple of cinematics, add new infos with usual Q&A with the Team.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Could be anything:

- the next expansion after Legion - Doubt they want to take away that live-streamed hype-announcement.
    - the revelation that Legion will be the last expansion of the game - Not happening, it would make below zero sense.
    - announcement that Thal'darah (?) won't ever make it into Legion - Yeah, let's tease an announcement for this.
    - the big-bad of Legion - This could be something, not sure if you'd tease that though.
    - WoW being discontinued after Legion in favour of Overwatch, Hearthstone, and HotS - Heh.
    - the exact pre-patch date - Not special enough, they are calling it "Very Special"
    - a "Warcraft 4" type game - It says #Legion for a reason
    - they're going to remove the talent system and give all specs their entire talent trees - Well... No.
    - they're going to make legendary drops not drop randomly from world mobs - No idea how this would warrant a teased announcement.

I'll take that action!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Yes cause even "if" wow is like at 2mill subs every company just would say no to that steady monthly income.
    Hell even if it was down to 1mill players that would be like 13.000.000 per month!
    So please learn some ecconomy before you cry f2p comming...
    At the current rate of sub drop off it is not all that outlandish. WoW does not draw subs like it once did. There are a lot of people who sub for the first month, then leave until the release of the next expansion. Eventually the trend is going to hurt Blizzard more than help. Removing sub requirement would also certainly draw a new player base to the game. Relying on subs is also not quite as lucrative as micro transactions. Who is to say more micro transactions are not to be added?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    you have too high expectations...

Maybe there was no big "annuncement"... just a normal press events where Blizzard show Legion to the press, show a couple of cinematics, add new infos with usual Q&A with the Team.
    It could very well happen, though I think FatBoss are smart enough to name something "Very Special" when it's at least something new-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    "There never was" an expansion announcement out of Blizzcon.
    "There never was" a 2 tier-expansion.
    "There never was" an alpha like Legion has had.

I think you shouldn't rely on past experiences as facts for the future.
    Oh, I don't, we never know what Blizzard will do next, but everyone that thinks it will be about open beta, seems to think that open beta is a normal, regular thing, which it clearly isn't, so the chance of that being the announcement is very small.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Well blizzard mentioned pristine realms months ago and the best time to launch that would be around the launch of an expansion
    So I guess fuck me for thinking outside the box huh
    You're thinking inside your little box called "Pristine realms", not outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Well they could announce the start date of Demon Hunter for people that pre-ordered. Thus giving a start date when 7.0 will hit PTR. Most likely a big nothing Q&A that will have no new information.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's that whole "Very special" bit that makes me think it's gotta be something new-ish or else it's gonna be a letdown..

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    Well they could announce the start date of Demon Hunter for people that pre-ordered. Thus giving a start date when 7.0 will hit PTR. Most likely a big nothing Q&A that will have no new information.
    Literally doesn't need to hit PTR, its seeing test on beta servers which no pre patch has in the same way before