you literally were discussing that. You said that the rule was set in the book and it can't possibly be different in the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    That was pretty obvious without having read the letter ^^
    Was it? I would think the obvious thing was she was contacting Littlefinger...

- - - Updated - - -

Please, read my reply carefully. There's been a discrepancy between the books' story line and that of the tv show for quite a while. But we weren't discussing that - at all.
    So unless, the tv show completely deviates from the books' rules
    The show has deviated far off course from the books in many other aspects. Why is this one impossible?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka34 View Post
    you literally were discussing that. You said that the rule was set in the book and it can't possibly be different in the show.
    No, I never contested discrepancies in the story with respect to content. I was disputing the discrepancies with the story's rules. This hasn't happened so far, as far as I recall. (okay Daeny kept her hair and Grey Worm felt pain).

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    The show has deviated far off course from the books in many other aspects. Why is this one impossible?
    I didn't say it's impossible. I said it's impossible unless the tv show doesn't respect the original story's rules. Which, is a realistic scenario, I admit.

You see, deviations in the story, can be patched up, moved past and recified. Discrepancies in the story's core set of rules, could collapse the whole saga's credibility. Unless, unless the audience forgets about it.

Heck, maybe I'm just too delicate

Matrix was ruined for me when Neo could see everything happening outside the sewer-ship, but by the love of his life, couldn't find that crowbar next to his feet.
    Last edited by mmoc47927e0cdb; 2016-06-08 at 01:51 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Jesus Christ, are all the Freys a bunch of sniveling, weak willed, useless, spineless cunts?
    More or less, yes. One or two have a spine, but in turn are greedy shortsighted fucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    The theory with Arya and the Waif reminds me a little this (long forgotten it seems) theory about Tyrion imagining Varys, anyone remember? Looks like it was a miss.
    Yeah, that one had far more counterevidence. I won't say I'm a proponent of Waif=AS, but it's got more going for it than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yeah I get that, they needed to take shit to survive... But it quite a jump to go from taking what you need to survive to killing people... Especially since these people had nothing, so they killed them for apparently no reason.
    It happens due to a change in leadership and purpose, which may or may not get revealed in the show.

So, I saw this post on Reddit about Arya/Jaqen, and I think it puts it far better than I did. http://imgur.com/a/xvoXs

10+ Year Old Account
    And how did her face get there? You see, this never happened in the books, for a reason; faces become available upon death. So unless, the tv show completely deviates from the books' rules, the Arya=Jaqen theory is impossible.
    In the show I dont think its impossible, right before Arya goes blind last season, Jaq kills himself in front of her, she starts taking of his masks and finds herself there. So in the show, you dont need your face on the wall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    In the show I dont think its impossible, right before Arya goes blind last season, Jaq kills himself in front of her, she starts taking of his masks and finds herself there. So in the show, you dont need your face on the wall.
    I completely forgot about that scene! Thanks for the reminder :>

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I completely forgot about that scene! Thanks for the reminder :>
    Which begs the question: Why bother harvesting people's faces if you don't actually need them?

On a related note. A thought that brought me up short while eating my lunch today. -- How the hell did the junior actress from a travelling troupe afford to pay for a faceless man assassination? Was there something I missed in one of those scenes? We're talking about a contract that is so prohibitively expensive that the crown opted not to pay for it. Related thought - she's either more than she appears to be, has connections that can afford it, or wasn't actually the one who ordered the hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Which begs the question: Why bother harvesting people's faces if you don't actually need them?

On a related note. A thought that brought me up short while eating my lunch today. -- How the hell did the junior actress from a travelling troupe afford to pay for a faceless man assassination? Was there something I missed in one of those scenes? We're talking about a contract that is so prohibitively expensive that the crown opted not to pay for it. Related thought - she's either more than she appears to be, has connections that can afford it, or wasn't actually the one who ordered the hit.
    I had the same thought, but wasn't that the Sorrowful Men who the Crown didn't want to pay? The assassins who come up to you and whisper, "I'm sorry" before they kill you? We haven't heard mention of them since Dany avoided one who had a scarab to try and kill her.

The whole lore behind the Faceless Men is that they were slaves who killed masters. Jaqen recently reinforced this, telling Arya that a Master (like her, being a lady) had never become no one. It makes a modicum of sense that perhaps the Faceless Men would do something in light of oppression or injustice. It also might make sense why they wouldn't work for the Iron Throne, the ultimate Masters, and why they weren't even a mentioned option in s1.

10+ Year Old Account

In the books, I think water dancers can change faces with water magic. So maybe the faceless men use skin and water dancers use water faces. In the book it seems like Arya is training to be a water dancer while learning faceless men tactics and tricks. I could be wrong about that.

Heres some good speculation:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthron...ory_confirmed/
    Last edited by Beazy; 2016-06-08 at 04:23 PM.

oooooo that axe pickup ending scene (6/5) was as good as a mic drop!

Deleted
    In the books, I think water dancers can change faces with water magic. So maybe the faceless men use skin and water dancers use water faces. In the book it seems like Arya is training to be a water dancer while learning faceless men tactics and tricks. I could be wrong about that.

Heres some good speculation:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthron...ory_confirmed/
    Water magic?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Water magic?
    Hum Nope. The faceless men are the only ones that can swap faces, it's not like killing chickens

Deleted
    My theory of Faceless Men is that they *are* the Many-Faced God, meatpuppets without faces.

I recall it was being discussed here before. Something about who is the target influencing the price. Daenerys, as the last Targaryen, trying to conqer Westeros, being a wife of Khal, must be so much more expensive than a good actress.

I recall it was being discussed here before. Something about who is the target influencing the price. Daenerys, as the last Targaryen, trying to conqer Westeros, being a wife of Khal, must be so much more expensive than a good actress.
    That's still hella dumb. Anyone can contract the faceless to kill anyone... for the right amount of coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, but I couldn't help but wonder...where was his armor and sword?

It's not like he took it off and wandered away before he was found, it was all still there, and they had to take it all off of him to treat him. So where did it all go? You'd think he'd want that stuff before going off to fight all those guys, not just regular clothes and a wood axe.
    Well, if he shed his persona of The Hound, his armor could be gone. The Elder Brother might have also disposed of the gear as Sandor was now a more peaceful man. He seems quite resolute in not returning to violence, even if he doesn't exactly believe in the Faith. That or he is going to go apeshit with the axe and realize he is still the same, go back and get his armor if he knows where it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    In the books, I think water dancers can change faces with water magic.
    No. I've never heard even the slightest hint of any such thing. It's a swordfighting style, and water dancers get their name because they hold their duels upon a fountain called the Moon Pool.

- - - Updated - - -

No. It doesn't matter how wealthy the client is. The price is always high, but within the means of the client to pay. It's a matter of sacrifice, not monetary value. The client has to be willing to give up something dear to them -- but that could be absolutely anything. Money, a child, a relic, a home, even their own life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, but I couldn't help but wonder...where was his armor and sword?
    I'm guessing they're tucked away somewhere and will be found later on. However the axe grab was such a badass scene, hey went with that instead of him unpacking his old Armor.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    HBO confirmed the titles for episodes 9 and 10 :
    Game of Thrones 59: Battle of the Bastards | 60 minutes
    Game of Thrones 60: The Winds of Winter | 69 minutes
    http://www.hbo.com/search?type=sched...20of%20Thrones