Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Its under the judge's discretion to have a lower sentence if he feels like it would have an adverse effect on the convicted.
    Judges are basically god in the courthouse and they can basically do whatever. Saying it is within the guidelines when the penal code specifically states it should be higher isnt correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    I cannot understand after the outrage and the nearly unanimous public display of complete hate for this rapist that anyone can still pretend there is a pervasive rape culture on the west, much less make the claim with a straight face.
    Look at the judge and look at the father.

When you have people waxing poetic tragedy over a boy's ruined future over the person they injured you have yourself there the result of a cutlure that cares nothing for victims.

This isn't an isolated case either. The Steubenville Rapists had the same fucking story. Two Athletes who had their futures ruined was the prevailing narrative over the actual victim of their crime.

This is what Rape culture looks like-people trying to jerk a sob story for criminals and ignoring the actual Victim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Don't even turn this into a gender thing because it's not that. You want to go there, we can and I'm sure there will be plenty of people here to tell you just how privileged women are when it comes to crimes and lesser, if any, sentencing.
    I didn't turn it into a gender thing.

It already is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Atleast you didn't say white men
    Well they fall under the the same category so I may as well have.

I read her story, and couldn't help but keep laughing throughout the whole load of bullcrap. She, allegedly, was unconscious. Yet she acts like she was awake during the 'assault'. Sounds like someone got a little drunk, wanted rough sex, and then needed to save face with her family and her boyfriend. Then, her case got loads of attention, which she loved, so to keep it up she probably googled ptsd, rape stories, etc and composed the piece of fiction. Judge saw right through all that bullcrap and gave him a baby sentence. Yet another case of a woman ruining a mans life with a false rape claim. Got too shitfaced and wanted to keep your boyfriend? Better make a scene and get 'saved', while trashing the life and a career of someone who actually did work in his life.

And then go home and mope all day, trying to milk this nonsense dry.

She said it took her 10 days to tell her parents/boyfriend. Sounds like 10 days to come up with a good story.

She called the boys her saved her heroes, sounds like some dudes her owed her a favor.

She couldn't remember anything, sounds like a night of regretful drinking

She blames this guy, who she has literally zero memory of or evidence against (allegedly).

Doesn't add up. Probably should've gone to school for writing to make a better story, instead of blacking out her college career, missing the days, blacking again once she's old and ruining some guys life because she wanted some rough sex.

Goddamn female privilege
    Last edited by thehollowman; 2016-06-09 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Yeah, it's almost like THC and alcohol have different effects.
    Ya and one is legal and the other rather harmless one is not !

Quote Originally Posted by thehollowman View Post
    I read her story, and couldn't help but keep laughing throughout the whole load of bullcrap. She, allegedly, was unconscious. Yet she acts like she was awake during the 'assault'. Sounds like someone got a little drunk, wanted rough sex, and then needed to save face with her family and her boyfriend. Then, her case got loads of attention, which she loved, so to keep it up she probably googled ptsd, rape stories, etc and composed the piece of fiction. Judge saw right through all that bullcrap and gave him a baby sentence. Yet another case of a woman ruining a mans life with a false rape claim. Got too shitfaced and wanted to keep your boyfriend? Better make a scene and get 'saved', while trashing the life and a career of someone who actually did work in his life.

She said it took her 10 days to tell her parents/boyfriend. Sounds like 10 days to come up with a good story.

She called the boys her saved her heroes, sounds like some dudes her owed her a favor.

She blames this guy, who she has literally zero memory of or evidence against (allegedly).

Doesn't add up. Probably should've gone to school for writing to make a better story, instead of blacking out her college career, missing the days, blacking again once she's old and ruining some guys life because she wanted some rough sex.

Goddamn female privilege
    I think I agree, with the bolded part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya and one is legal and the other rather harmless one is not !
    We get it, you smoke weed.

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Judges are basically god in the courthouse and they can basically do whatever. Saying it is within the guidelines when the penal code specifically states it should be higher isnt correct.
    That's exactly why we have judges even in jury trials - the law does not and cannot account for every circumstance. The human element in sentencing is very important.

That said, the U.S. is ridiculous with it's overuse of the prison system anyway. This kid did something stupid when he was drunk and horny, he's already part of the draconian sex offender listing with the guilty conviction - I don't see him as enough of a danger to society to warrant a more severe sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Look at the judge and look at the father.

When you have people waxing poetic tragedy over a boy's ruined future over the person they injured you have yourself there the result of a cutlure that cares nothing for victims.

This isn't an isolated case either. The Steubenville Rapists had the same fucking story. Two Athletes who had their futures ruined was the prevailing narrative over the actual victim of their crime.

This is what Rape culture looks like-people trying to jerk a sob story for criminals and ignoring the actual Victim.
    Yes. The "upper echelons" of our society plays with our laws and lives and cover each others backs, make light of rape, and you construe this as a rape culture that the layman is involved in? No it's not an isolated case, look at what the cases have in common. The people involved. Their connections. Their pasts. This isn't the average joe. The average joe would be rotting in a cell and the media wouldn't even mention him twice.

Your enemy are those people. Not your neighbors. You entirely missed everything I wrote to do exactly that which I warned about. Get drunk in identity politics and ignore the strings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    We get it, you smoke weed.
    Honestly this guy should be locked up and thrown away so he can be raped in jail. His holes will be filled!

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account

Goddamn female privilege
    Nice burner account rofl
    0/10
    Grow some balls and post your bigoted bullshit on your main account ya wuss
    Ily mmoc

So, after he has served his sentence, done his time, paid his dues, is it justice that he's made to continue to suffer for the rest of his life?

We are guaranteeing that we will forever have poverty in this country if this is how we treat people who have already received their just punishment.

I've been hearing about this stupid rape nonstop on social media, that I am hardly ever on, and I'm so fucking tired of hearing about it. Yes rape is horrible, the sentencing was light. But there are some horrible and I mean HORRIBLE cases of rape out there, on the rape continuum scale of horribleness this one definitely does not merit the social media fixation.

The guy made a horrible mistake. He was kicked out of Stanford, lost his spot on a competitive swim team and is going to prison. He will likely not be accepted to any competitive university in the future. This rape case will likely follow him around for the rest of his life.

Our justice system dictates that those who serve time in prison have paid for their crimes in full. Depicting this guy as the next Hitler in social media does no one any sort of justice. Once he has served his sentence, I hope the media fixation moves on.

As an aside, I feel like we should be able to talk about drinking culture on college campuses/discuss responsible drinking without people acting like you're being all victim blame-y. The rape was clearly not her fault, but maybe we should discourage college-aged drinking culture, where getting drunk to the point of blacking out is considered normal behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    why would a 1st time offender ever get the maximum penalty? silly the amount of racial and gender bias going on in this. all cause hes a straight white male with money plebs want him to hang.
    Plebs want him to hang because he's found guilty x3, refuses to admit wrong-doing, shows no remorse for his rapey, rapey actions, and has a shithead for a father.

That he is rich and white is irrelevant, although I would ask why someone with so many advantages wasn't taught basic fucking morality at some point. Apparently money can't buy everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I've been hearing about this stupid rape nonstop on social media, that I am hardly ever on, and I'm so fucking tired of hearing about it. Yes rape is horrible, the sentencing was light. But there are some horrible and I mean HORRIBLE cases of rape out there, on the rape continuum scale of horribleness this one definitely does not merit the social media fixation.

The guy made a horrible mistake. He was kicked out of Stanford, lost his spot on a competitive swim team and is going to prison. He will likely not be accepted to any competitive university in the future. This rape case will likely follow him around for the rest of his life.

Our justice system dictates that those who serve time in prison have paid for their crimes in full. Depicting this guy as the next Hitler in social media does no one any sort of justice. Once he has served his sentence, I hope the media fixation moves on.

As an aside, I feel like we should be able to talk about drinking culture on college campuses/discuss responsible drinking without people acting like you're being all victim blame-y. The rape was clearly not her fault, but maybe we should discourage college-aged drinking culture, where getting drunk to the point of blacking out is considered normal behavior.
    I'm not on social media, so I don't have context for what you're saying, but this was about as rapey as any rape, in my eyes.

Additionally, addressing "drinking culture on campus" wouldn't have helped this case. She was hanging out with her little sister. As a guy who has more than once woke up confused while trying to hang and be cool with my little brothers, I absolutely sympathize. Neither the victim nor I have the metabolism to hang with the kids these days. Except I woke up confused and mildly embarrassed over how I ranted about philosophy. Whereas she woke up confused and raped.

It's still worth talking about, I don't disagree, but the raper's insistence that campus drinking is really to blame is dumb and indicative of his lack of responsibility. I drink. I drank on campus a lot. At no point did I think it was okay to rape anyone. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

But you can't separate the two while having a discussion in this context. Sure, we should have the discussion, but the consequence for that choice (to drink too much) shouldn't be rape. And you can say that you aren't saying that, but you are. When having a discussion about sexual assualt, you can't say "well we need to talk about the thing that the victim did that led to the rape" without implying that you are blaming the victim. Hey guys, hey guys! Don't forget that the victim did the thing that led to the consequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dormin View Post
    How can you 'be right back' when you try and commit suicide?

Goddamn female privilege
    You are bad and should feel bad. Bonus points for making an extra account to promote rape. Just really impressive.
    Last edited by Detritivores; 2016-06-10 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    That's exactly why we have judges even in jury trials - the law does not and cannot account for every circumstance. The human element in sentencing is very important.

That said, the U.S. is ridiculous with it's overuse of the prison system anyway. This kid did something stupid when he was drunk and horny, he's already part of the draconian sex offender listing with the guilty conviction - I don't see him as enough of a danger to society to warrant a more severe sentence.

So the justice system should make exemptions based on gender, race and money?

When you have people defending the killings (by cops) and mass Incarceration of minorities in the US because the people punished are so called ''thugs'' while at the same time you have this rapist and the murderous affluenza teen getting light sentences because ''their live is over'' argument.

Exceptions should only be made in exceptional cases (Self defence) and not with clear cases of rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Vozzek View Post
    But you can't separate the two while having a discussion in this context. Sure, we should have the discussion, but the consequence for that choice (to drink too much) shouldn't be rape. And you can say that you aren't saying that, but you are. When having a discussion about sexual assualt, you can't say "well we need to talk about the thing that the victim did that led to the rape" without implying that you are blaming the victim. Hey guys, hey guys! Don't forget that the victim did the thing that led to the consequence.
    Sorry but no, I disagree. We should be able to say, "hey, maybe it's not a good idea to encourage drinking to the point of passing out on college campuses" and reminding people that there are inherent risks in engaging in behavior where one is not completely aware of their surroundings (getting drunk to the point of unconsciousness being just one such behavior) without people thinking that you are blaming the victim for the rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    being drunk is a temporary mental defect
    if a you hook up with a woman at a nightclub she takes you back to her place you end up sleeping together
    she gives consent even though she was intoxicated

if she regrets the sexual encounter she could have you charged with rape
    the Government/Society will support her and she will be allowed to keep her identity hidden
    while at the same time you start getting attacked by Society and are assumed guilty by Social Media there will be no "innocent until proven guilty"
    Not true. Drunk sex isnt illegal. Its i had sex with you while youre passed out or had to drag your drunk ass somewhere first thats illegal. I have been assigned a few buyers remorse rape cases. They die pretty quickly and never go anywhere.