Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thessik-Irontail View Post
    0 new battlegrounds in WoD and now 0 new battlegrounds in legion is really truly unacceptable. A lot of people play this game soley for pvp and not having new content in years is really crazy for a monthly sub game. Not sure if I will be rejoining this train wreck or not.
    To be honest... PvP games tend to require less content... the appeal is the player vs player aspect, that shows on games like FPS's or MOBA's, with the same maps played for years, decades even...

That being sad, 2 expansions on a row without a new fucking Battleground is shameful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersemi View Post
    Spamming mana burn in between heals added dimension?
    I always hated when I was up against a Priest because it was a race to see who could mana burn the other fastest. It took 0 skill. Just CC and spam.
    Added complexity requires less skill? Further, mana burn being an extra element in a fight means the fight had an extra dimension : concern about being mana burnt. I don't get, and never have gotten, how this simple concept eludes people. More options equates to more dimensions. That you hated it, or that it may have bored you doesn't matter with regards to whether it added to the complexity of PvP.

Using your example:
    With mana burn : cc, burn, damage healer or dps.
    Without mana burn : cc, damage healer or dps.

wpvp is dead in legion, BGs are pretty pointless because pve gives you better loot for less effort and time
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

As a PvE'er, I really enjoyed Ashran. The Lord of War quest got me into it and completing objectives and working as a team has been a lot of fun. Kinda bummed there won't be an equivalent in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually really enjoyed the Southshore / Tarren Mill BG. It just seemed like mindless fighting in mid which is basically what PvP is these days give or take.

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

The last 3 bgs blizzard made were garbage, mines, kotmogu temple, and the other one that came out midway into the xpac. Mines is half decent, the other 2 are utter trash. I'd be content if i could just play ab, wsg, twin peaks, and gilneas every time.

In other words, i couldn't care less if they add new bgs or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Weren't both of MoP's new bgs added mid xpac?
    MoP had 3 bgs, 2 at launch, 1 mid.

I'd much rather see the major existing BGs just be affected by seasonal changes. Eg, give me winter wonderland Arathi Basin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    The last 3 bgs blizzard made were garbage, mines, kotmogu temple, and the other one that came out midway into the xpac. Mines is half decent, the other 2 are utter trash. I'd be content if i could just play ab, wsg, twin peaks, and gilneas every time.

- - - Updated - - -

MoP had 3 bgs, 2 at launch, 1 mid.
    Ya I realized mistake and deleted that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    wpvp is dead in legion, BGs are pretty pointless because pve gives you better loot for less effort and time
    Pretty pointless for who? People who like pvp and like bgs, will still do bgs and continue to not give a crap about pve.

I lost my love for pve this xpac when my guild died due to 20 man only mythic. Since i came back to the game ive been strictly doing bgs and arenas, from my point of view dungeons and raids are pointless because its scripted content which eventually gets old.

Kotmogu's Temple and Silvershard Mine are fun! But I always hate that Wind Gorge shit. Perhaps because horde is hardly win there.

Tol Barad and WSG was actually kinda fun and put people to actually fight for it (let it be pve or pvp players). Because they add a weekly boss there. While Ashran main idea to be a pvp map 24/7, it's getting old fast without any new updated content on the map itself. Not to mention the imbalance faction players number on earlier patch. I wonder if they could add a weekly boss again later in mid patch to a new pvp zone like WSG or Tol Barad, rather than a weekly world map boss like Kazzak or alike.

OT: I wish they'd add new BG that actually feels like MoBA game. You have exclusive set of new skills on each of your spec/class. And you're starting from level one and progressing from killing creeps and other players. You can buy exclusive set of the BG's gear that enhance your skills or stats with the BG's resource exclusive (gold from killing players or creeps). Just like an actual MoBA but in WoW platform. Maybe like how SMITE is played. One can only hope lol.

Pretty pointless for who? People who like pvp and like bgs, will still do bgs and continue to not give a crap about pve.
    That's the thing, you wouldn't be able to NOT give a crap about PVE, because they remove ilvl caps and PVEers will have better stats - in BGs and arenas (!) - than you do. The typical difference will be as between full conquest and half conquest without weapons - that's *after* you get all your gear from BGs and that's conservative, and yes, that's with their ilvl scaling of 100 ilvls to 10% stats.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-06-10 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durtnasty View Post
    people will think this is a troll but i was between GW2 and Legion - considering PvP exclusively
    WoW's PvP has always been a huge disappointment to me. When GW2 released I was ready to quit WoW entirely because of what GW2 claimed their PvP system would be like.

GW2 turned out to be a bigger disappointment than WoW - at least in terms of PvP. If it's PvP you are looking for, WoW and GW2 are not the games to be considering.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That's the thing, you wouldn't be able to NOT give a crap about PVE, because they remove ilvl caps and PVEers will have better stats - in BGs and arenas (!) - than you do. The typical difference will be as between full conquest and half conquest without weapons - that's *after* you get all your gear from BGs and that's conservative, and yes, that's with their ilvl scaling of 100 ilvls to 10% stats.
    PvErs have better stats/gear right now. PvP gear currently is 730 while mythic raiders have around 745 ilvl.

Nvm i see what you mean, i still dont see pvpers doing pve just for gear though, nor do i see pvers jumping into pvp just for the sake of it. Besides as far as i know pvp gear will also keep scaling based on rating, only mythic will be better than 2200 pvp gear.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2016-06-10 at 06:46 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    So it looks like we're not going to see any new Battlegrounds or world PvP zones in Legion. What do you guys think about that? Are you content playing the same BGs we've had for years? Are you sad to see nothing like Wintergrasp or Tol Barad? Let's hear it.
    people have hated the last 2 world pvp zones

no matter how many battlegrounds they add, everyone only does warsong gulch and (fuck im too tired... blacksmith mines farm... whatever its called)

ashran was going to be isle of conquest 2.0 but... people never play isle of conquest so they bailed

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    Kotmogu's Temple and Silvershard Mine are fun! But I always hate that Wind Gorge shit. Perhaps because horde is hardly win there.

Tol Barad and WSG was actually kinda fun and put people to actually fight for it (let it be pve or pvp players). Because they add a weekly boss there. While Ashran main idea to be a pvp map 24/7, it's getting old fast without any new updated content on the map itself. Not to mention the imbalance faction players number on earlier patch. I wonder if they could add a weekly boss again later in mid patch to a new pvp zone like WSG or Tol Barad, rather than a weekly world map boss like Kazzak or alike.

OT: I wish they'd add new BG that actually feels like MoBA game. You have exclusive set of new skills on each of your spec/class. And you're starting from level one and progressing from killing creeps and other players. You can buy exclusive set of the BG's gear that enhance your skills or stats with the BG's resource exclusive (gold from killing players or creeps). Just like an actual MoBA but in WoW platform. Maybe like how SMITE is played. One can only hope lol.
    or just play fucking heros of the storm?

also world pvp will be as strong as ever this expasion with the world pvp quests and events to cause people to fight eachother in these zones
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2016-06-10 at 06:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

PvErs have better stats/gear right now. PvP gear currently is 730 while mythic raiders have around 745 ilvl.

Yesterday i tried "ganking" a 742 hunter with my 730 rogue, the dude had me down to 10% in like 5 seconds and his hp didnt drop below 90%. The gap between pvp and pve gear is already massive and you dont see pvpers doing pve anyways.
    You are talking about gear difference in world PVP, right? Because in BGs, PVP gear is 740, not 730, and 745 PVE scales down to 740 (or 730? it was scaling below conquest with a sliding cap in MoP) as well. No offense, but not many people care about world PVP (and it's not that I didn't do it, I did it more than you'd like to know). There is no gear difference in BGs and arenas, after you cap conquest, which is what's important. Come Legion, the gear difference will come into BGs and arenas as well. That thing with you trying to gank someone and failing because of the gear difference will be happening in BGs and arenas, too. It doesn't happen now, but it will in Legion.
    Last edited by rda; 2016-06-10 at 06:52 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    WPVP is even more alive, they allways have been really.... and pvp wont care about gear, but both will give gear about the same rate/effort

cause pve you can only raid so much each week, pvp you can just play non stop
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I'm fine with it, considering every bg added since EOTS has been garbage that I dread getting in q. Imo we should be able to blacklist as many bgs as we want so Bliz can see which ones are terrible and remove them from the game until they can be revamped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    So it looks like we're not going to see any new Battlegrounds or world PvP zones in Legion. What do you guys think about that? Are you content playing the same BGs we've had for years? Are you sad to see nothing like Wintergrasp or Tol Barad? Let's hear it.
    Well, I would like to see some new BG introduced soon ...

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    WPVP is even more alive, they allways have been really.... and pvp wont care about gear, but both will give gear about the same rate/effort

ROFL

"WPVP is even more alive, they allways have been really" - no.

"pvp wont care about gear" - no.

"both will give gear about the same rate/effort" - no.

"cause pve you can only raid so much each week, pvp you can just play non stop" - no (forgot about conquest cap? if you are talking about Legion, forgot about how PVP ladder works?)

10+ Year Old Account
    If PvP is FUN, i won't give a damn if we get no new maps. I don't care where i'm fighting or what i'm fighting over, I just want to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

I wouldn't call a couple of optional world quest the peak of wpvp

Dalaran underbelly seems cool.
    Last edited by Etselion; 2016-06-10 at 06:59 AM.