The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gio Bernard extended by the Bengals. Love this move.

GIo always brought more versatility than Hill. I'd take Gio over Hill every day of the week. If Hill repeats last years performance, they should make him full time second string RB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Its what the Patriots do, and topping the Suh contract is not my definition of "cheap".

Seeing a variety of spin on this, but the closest to the truth seems to be the Broncos' spin that the offer was rejected and is still on the table as they try and hammer out the details.
    As I understand it the Bronco's current offer only guarantees him the first 2 years. Less than 40M guaranteed. Everyone knows it's very rare for players to see any of the none guaranteed money. Von Miller wants 3 years of guarantees, closer to 60M. Suh got 60M guaranteed. It's flashy to say "We offered him the biggest non QB contract ever" but if the guarantees in it don;t even come close to being the biggest contract then it's just bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    As I understand it the Bronco's current offer only guarantees him the first 2 years. Less than 40M guaranteed. Everyone knows it's very rare for players to see any of the none guaranteed money. Von Miller wants 3 years of guarantees, closer to 60M. Suh got 60M guaranteed. It's flashy to say "We offered him the biggest non QB contract ever" but if the guarantees in it don;t even come close to being the biggest contract then it's just bullshit.
    This was the exact same situation as last offseason with DT, pretty much everything out there is either speculation, or either side leaking stuff to try to help their negotiations. If Denver lost in the playoffs, this would probably not even be mentioned along with all the other franchised players. DT got 43.5 out of his 70 mill, so around 60 mill guaranteed (which Houston as the only actual comparable guideline got) sounds likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Supposedly it is the structure/guarantees that are the difference between Von's and Elway's camps. Also, I found it kind of funny how Von Miller was fishing on a lake all day while this no, yes, no, maybe, not close, will happen stuff was happening.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-06-09 at 05:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Marshawn comes out strong with his retirement statement:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...otball-anymore

Says he is 100% done. He looked pretty pissed that the reporter asked him like 3-4 times, rofl.
    https://youtu.be/Ut2vrhQZhI0?t=27s

New favorite Lynch quote. Former one was good though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck, Kikaha tore his ACL, he was gonna be a starting end and now he's gone for the year. Not a lot of talent at pass rush, that's a big blow.

Fuck, Kikaha tore his ACL, he was gonna be a starting end and now he's gone for the year. Not a lot of talent at pass rush, that's a big blow.
    Yup and Saints tried to be too cute and didn't draft for that position. Our already shitty defense just took a major hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks to hear.

We lost our third TE with torn ACL on Wednesday, Michael Williams, obviously not going to be that impactful, but kinda sucks cause he was a former Lineman as well, so VERY good in the blocking game.

- - - Updated - - -

Chargers and Keenan Allen got a 4 year deal. Wonder how close he got to last year's big time WR contracts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yup and Saints tried to be too cute and didn't draft for that position. Our already shitty defense just took a major hit.
    But lets be honest, can our Saint's defense really get any worse?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    But lets be honest, can our Saint's defense really get any worse?
    Oh I mean it can get worse. More points given up, more yards, more disappointment. But being the worst defense in the league? Nah can't go any lower than that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oh I mean it can get worse. More points given up, more yards, more disappointment. But being the worst defense in the league? Nah can't go any lower than that.
    I just keep telling myself every year "How can our defense get any worse?"
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Chargers and Keenan Allen got a 4 year deal. Wonder how close he got to last year's big time WR contracts.
    Supposedly it is worth 45 mill with 24 mill guaranteed, so in the second tier of WR contracts I think. Guess this means Sanders is going to be more expensive than I thought to resign, but he is also like 5 years older so maybe not.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-06-11 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear. Breshard Perriman apparently has partially torn ACL. Getting second opinion. Would be the second year in a row he's out for the Ravens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Broncos Superbowl Ring: http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...1-b59bcfb6cf60

Gaudy as ever.

Better view of it: https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/742174231513862145

Looks better than the 97 and 98 rings at least.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Broncos Superbowl Ring: http://www.denverbroncos.com/multime...1-b59bcfb6cf60

Gaudy as ever.
    Because the 2014 Patriots ring wasn't huge and gaudy, haha. They are all going to be like that.

Fletcher Cox signed a 6 year, 103 mill (63 mill guaranteed) extension with the eagles. Makes the Derek Wolfe deal look even better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Belichick View Post
    Because the 2014 Patriots ring wasn't huge and gaudy, haha. They are all going to be like that.
    Oh yeah, I meant all fo the Superbowl rings are gaudy as hell, certainly not just that new Broncos one. It's still one of the weirdest traditions when it comes to the game of football.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    Fletcher Cox signed a 6 year, 103 mill (63 mill guaranteed) extension with the eagles. Makes the Derek Wolfe deal look even better.
    26M signing bonus too. Dude definitely got paid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fletcher Cox just screwed the Broncos, and they're not even in the same conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Fletcher Cox just screwed the Broncos, and they're not even in the same conference.
    Eh, the Olivier Vernon deal already did that. Honestly the WR deals are the ones that might hurt more, since resigning Sanders might end up needing a DT average per year contract.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone going to pity Johnny Manziel when he finally hits rock bottom and realizes how many ships have sailed?

I know i'm not. Kid has been given more offers for help than all of us would ever get.