10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes, I noticed it wasn't in the film and that the Frost Wolves were all killed(as per dialogue) save the two males we spent time with.
    By the way, with how the Frostwolves were killed... Where will Thrall go after escaping Durnholde? Who will teach him shamanism?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    Anyone know where you get the 500 million to break even figure from? No sources provided.

If it's true then truly we can say goodbye to Warcraft 3.
    I've also read it on deadline.com but can't find the article. But I'm not so worried I think it'll do great WW, US can spread a good WOM and it can do better on 2nd week if it'll do bad the BO for US will be around 60m$ wich is shameful. We have to see how China will perform next week but it can surely reach 250M$, so far in Europe it didn't drop so bad like all the people thought, it's doing good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    I saw the movie and the theater was less than 20% capacity on opening weekend. That sounds like a failure at the box office which is what he meant, not that the movie is bad. Fucked by the critics.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand this point. I enjoyed the movie but it sets up for a sequel which won't come which is sad.
    That's why these things can't be half ass you either aim for success or do a tipey toe attempt, they choose a tipey toe attempt and as a result it face planted. You look back at any amazing trilogy in history and all of them pulled the full stops driving for perfection. Once you start compromising the battle is already lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    By the way, with how the Frostwolves were killed... Where will Thrall go after escaping Durnholde? Who will teach him shamanism?
    I think a part of them escaped, I don't remember if the white haired Orc was killed or no cuz if not he may be Drektar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shady View Post
    I think a part of them escaped, I don't remember if the white haired Orc was killed or no cuz if not he may be Drektar
    There is also the second option that there are still Frostwolves on Draenor. After all, not every Orc on Draenor managed to reach Azeroth in the actual movie, so it is not impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    When do we know if there is going to be a sequel, doesn't that take like 1-2 years before they announce it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggy View Post
    if you wanna see this movie instead of supporting blizz, cuz i feel ive given them enough money and they gave me duds for expansions (mop/wod) then go here

dvd quality rip...enjoy
    Its not even out on DVD you *** so piss off.

Deleted
    Not all of the orc went to Azeroth, only the strongest warriors, remember? So there must be some frostwolfs who are left behind. Maybe in the second movie they bring the rest of the orcs in.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    That's why these things can't be half ass you either aim for success or do a tipey toe attempt, they choose a tipey toe attempt and as a result it face planted. You look back at any amazing trilogy in history and all of them pulled the full stops driving for perfection. Once you start compromising the battle is already lost.
    If the quality of this movie has suffered from one thing, then it is the cut - but allready filmed+produced - material, ~40 minutes. And we've been through this about 250 pages ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    Anyone know where you get the 500 million to break even figure from? No sources provided.

If it's true then truly we can say goodbye to Warcraft 3.
    Lol, why? We're at 285 million right now, and the movie is going to earn at least another 50 million in the US and another 150 in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    When do we know if there is going to be a sequel, doesn't that take like 1-2 years before they announce it?
    When it's a huge hit, the announcement usually happens pretty early if I recall correctly. I have examples like Mad Max Fury Road or Jurassic World in mind.
    I forgot when Pacific Rim 2 was announced though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    If the quality of this movie has suffered from one thing, then it is the cut - but allready filmed+produced - material, ~40 minutes. And we've been through this about 250 pages ago.
    The cut material was no doubt a major factor but the movie was riddled with issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Msi View Post
    Probably not before the next 2-3 months, maybe at blizzcon, if they will make one. They first want to count all the box office money since it looks promising.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just watched the movie a few hours ago, for the second time. It's pretty weird how the pacing and character development issues literally vanish during a rewatch. For example, I noticed Lothar, Durotan, Blackhand, Gul'Dan, Medivh, Khadgar and Garona all get tons of scenes (5-10 each). And they really only are the only truly important characters. Others get 2-3, enough to serve their purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    The cut material was no doubt a major factor but the movie was riddled with issues.
    The overall problem is the editing and pacing. Doesn't matter if you care a lot about the original material, the visuals or to a certain extend about characters and story. If the movie can't keep a certain pace and jumps around abruptly you lose track and interest. Most reviews and opinions from the average moviegoer clearly show that they care about what's happening, but the way and pace in which actions go along is just not good. It doesn't help the unexperienced viewer to follow along and build a connection to story and characters.

Deleted
    I just watched the movie a few hours ago, for the second time. It's pretty weird how the pacing and character development issues literally vanish during a rewatch. For example, I noticed Lothar, Durotan, Blackhand, Gul'Dan, Medivh, Khadgar and Garona all get tons of scenes (5-10 each). And they really only are the only truly important characters. Others get 2-3, enough to serve their purpose.

Exactly what I thought when I saw it a second time. It became even better for me than it already was too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    The overall problem is the editing and pacing. Doesn't matter if you care a lot about the original material, the visuals or to a certain extend about characters and story. If the movie can't keep a certain pace and jumps around abruptly you lose track and interest. Most reviews and opinions from the average moviegoer clearly show that they care about what's happening, but the way and pace in which actions go along is just not good. It doesn't help the unexperienced viewer to follow along and build a connection to story and characters.
    Yep basically.

Traveled 700km today just to see movie in imax with friend,first thing he asked me when is next movie coming out.He is hooked

i got through about 10 minutes of it then quit, it's complete shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus fucking Christ, can we get these doomsayer trolls and Blizzard haters who go to the largest fansite dedicated to a Blizzard game banned already? This is getting annoying as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    I just watched the movie.

And i'm so awe of how bad it was.
    I'm a huge warcraft and world of warcraft fan.

And this movie does no justice.
    I'm a Travis Fimmel fan as well and he plays Lothar like he plays Ragnar its so dissapointing.

The actor for the King was bad choice he doesn't resemble a strong king not with that face.
    Kadgar was a joke......... do not even get me started on Medvih or Garona.....

If there is to be a a second movie blizzard and the studio that is making it really need to re-think a lot that has been going on with this movie.

That is all please do not try to tell me i'm wrong.
    This is my own opinion about it, some of you might of liked the movie some of you might of not all in all im hugely dissapointed.
    His Ragnar acting is more overacting but in a good way, his take on Lothar is more underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin94 View Post
    I think that if "Vikings" didn't exist, nobody would be here complaining about Travis Fimmel's acting.
    What's wrong if he acts a bit like Ragnar? Didn't you think that maybe Duncan Jones choosed the main guy of Vikings for some reason? Didn't you understand yet that the movie's Lothar is NOT the lore's Lothar (luckily, I'd say!)? And this doesn't depend on the actor, but on the written character itself. The character is supposed to be a bit snarky, flawed, sarcastic yet serious and valorous during battles. Travis Fimmel fits in that role perfectly.

- - - Updated - - -

Thursday MN screenings included? ...that's bad.
    But there's still the chance that the actuals may end up being higher than the estimates.
    Still can't believe how few money US people are giving to Warcraft.
    Good thing that Lothar is not involved once Varian Wrynn starts to grow up. Had some flaws but I got used to him

Quote Originally Posted by Speedhoven View Post
    I told you, most US people are like "lol this movie has 27% on RT, it must be shit" and won't even bother going to the cinema. They are all excited for Conjuring 2 and think Warcraft CGI is worse than Scorpion King because they saw some shitty quality pics on the Internet.
    True. Conjuring 2 is just another sequel to a surprise hit but it won't make big money worldwide, it is just a North American sensation.

Anyway, at least in China it made $144M in 3 days. How much will it make in the 5 opening days then?
    So far...
    Wednesday: $46M
    Thursday: $45M (total $91M)
    Friday: $53M (total $144M)

On Saturday it should make about other $40M, right? While on Sunday it's work-day in China, so maybe it will drop at about $20-30M, I guess?

So probably the 5-day opening will be at almost $200M
    Box Mojo is wrong - it was 145 Million in 4 days with Friday like 33 Million and Saturday like 20 or 21 million

You might want to try reading that again. It lists only 3 days (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) with $144M
    again BO Mojo has not updated correctly, belive me, Chinese have a better and more efficient way to measure their own Box office numbers. 4 days it is

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I'm suspecting that the chinese don't really care about Hollywood, at all.
    They are. They will go and buy 20% of Hollywood's stakes in the future. Going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Faier View Post
    That is pretty common for big hollywood films. Marvel/DC movies spent well more than that.

I really think the low box office performance is 3 folded:
    1 - general lack of interest in high fantasy;
    2 - pretty bad advertising, especially when it started. It looked uninteresting even for fans;
    3 - poor critic review.
    All 3 are important to explain the poor results (projected).

Tomorrow on their weekend report, BOM will provide cinemascore results for the opening films. If Warcraft gets at least a B+ we can assume general audience liked the film. But it would need at least A- to get a decent WoM.

When analyzing the film aspects, many people (and critics) are confusing a few things.
    First the aesthetics. Some people are calling CGI bad, that it is not realistic. There are moments are the CGI isn't top notch, but saying the Orcs is bad CGI?? Their problem is that they actually didn't like and couldn't adapt to the slightly cartoonish/slightly realistic art style that is essentially warcraft. Those are 2 different things.

Another is the acting. There are 2 things that are really different: miscast and poor acting. This only concerns the human side, as the orcs are considered almost humanly well acted (from what I could gather). On the human side, the biggest problem (I think) is more of a miscast than poor acting. The choices for the actors have always felt weird (to me_ since they were first announced. When I say the trailers I felt just the same, then seeing the movie again. Most actors don't fit well on the role of the character they were trying to represent. But in most cases, they did a good/great job portraying a role that wasn't really for them. Many start somewhat bland but grow on you as the film develop. You can see the nuances on many of the characters. They talked a lot with their eyes. But since they really don't fit the role, they feel weird and fake. Some people can get past that, some can't.

Take Lothar (Travis Fimmel) for example, a polarizing performance. To me, he really doesn't pass the idea of a noble warrior. He's too young, too roguish, too "cool", and his mannerisms are really noticeable and annoying. He doesn't fit the role his playing. Or wasn't able to adapt to that like some "chameleon" actors can. Wasn't for that, he's performance was really good. He carried lot of emotion, very expressive eyes and he handled the fight scenes pretty well.

Edit:
    In my case, I was able to enjoy the film, despite that.
    Do you know who are more noble than human warriors? Paladins is the noblest order I know. Lothar is not a paladin, at least not in the movie.

Epitome of Nobility right there

OK. That doesn't make any sense from a business standpoint though. Most theater owners show the movies that will make them the most money, not the ones that most people enjoyed as children(unless they intersect).
    True.

First, it only broke presales records. It won't break the all time opening weekend box office(unless a miracle happens and they double up today's box office tomorrow). Second, the movie has to gross $500M worldwide(reportedly) to break even... It makes people, including me, worry that we may never see Azeroth on the big screen again.
    Come on, man, do not worry that much. If we see more of Azeroth, then it happens, if it is not happening, it is not happening. We move on.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    No. I didn't see it. I see no reason to see a movie that has all the points of being a failure.

It's like watching a dying pacient.
    Let the hate consume you, breh.

It slowed down for you like it did for me. Not feeling like a rookie anymore.

- - - Updated - - -