There are currently more guns than people in the United States. The last estimate in 2015 put the number at around 357 million guns.

Time to do a little math.

Firstly, since there are mass shootings involved, my next premise is false, but it should still illustrate the point well.

There were 53,270 gun related incidents in the United States in 2015 (Source: http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/past-tolls). Lets assume then that in each incident, a different gun was used. Again, I realize that the number of guns used in those incidents is most likely lower. Still, using that figure, that means that roughly 0.00015% (0.00014921568 rounded) of guns in America are being used for violent purposes.

The way the media reports these things, and the way people react to it, one would think that all we do in America is shoot each other - and that is simply not true. Most gun owners are responsible, law abiding citizens - and taking their guns away is not the solution. Particularly since, with today's technology, guns can be made at home with relative ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    FBI has already clarified that he has ties to IS. Multiple IS twitter accounts have posted support for him. This was a terrorist attack, and this thread should be appropriately label. This is not a gun control issue.
    Where are you getting "confirmed ties to IS?" I'm still seeing "possible radical Islamic leanings."

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    power comes from the bullets.

more AR bullets are designed to penetrate than pistol bullets

cmon
    There are AK and AR pistols, so whats your answer to that? He said equal caliber. I'll even pull the FN Fiven Seven.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I dunno man, if it were JUST ideology, then this would be much more frequent.
    I'm not saying it's just ideology. It's also life experiences, social networks, access to the tools needed, and so forth. There are a lot of things that help to motivate these kinds of acts, and not all of them can or should be placed into the category of mental disease.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    Anything can be defined as mass harm. My truck could take out a crowd during a marathon. So that's a bit scewed. ARs are less mobile, but have a longer range and more rounds in a standard magazine. A pistol is actually far more dangerous, single handed firearm with the capability of extended magazines and concealable. Don't give ARs a bad rap because of the lack of knowledge of them.
    the term AR has nothing to do with mass harm

its incredibly well defined

people are just idiots and have no idea what theyre talkin about because they cant be assed to do 10 seconds of research

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOut View Post
    Anything can be defined as mass harm. My truck could take out a crowd during a marathon. So that's a bit scewed. ARs are less mobile, but have a longer range and more rounds in a standard magazine. A pistol is actually far more dangerous, single handed firearm with the capability of extended magazines and concealable. Don't give ARs a bad rap because of the lack of knowledge of them.
    Hand guns too. Take em.

15+ Year Old Account
    Haven't read the thread, but I find it curious that the officials reported 9 dead and multiple wounded earlier. Now it's 50 dead and 53 wounded....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I didn't deflect shit, what are you trying to prove by sayign "look in those islamic countries" when really it's "look at those really homophobic countries" you're trying to point to religion instead of where you should be.
    So now you bring up African countries. I thought that was off limits with you or is that only when it's about race?

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    "Some places" is hardly trying. But hey, go ahead and talk about mental health. That totally accomplished much in the past few years. Meanwhile, gun sales are soaring. I wonder who's profiting from all of this and has an interest to lobby for less gun restrictions...
    Gun sales actually go up when things like this happen because people are afraid they will get taken away.

I just don't think you can regulate 800 million firearms with much success. California, New York, Washington DC, Chicago are evidence of this.

I don't like guns myself and if I could live in a society without them, I definitely would but that just isn't being realistic.

AR is gonna hit more than 1 person per shot more readily than a pistol will.
    Incorrect, a .556 is not as deadly as a concealable .45. A .45 is concealable and generally kills what it his, plus leaves an exit wound on every target. .556 tend to break apart on contact

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Where are you getting "confirmed ties to IS?" I'm still seeing "possible radical Islamic leanings."
    news. cnn specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    The only "systemic issue" is that we don't have mind readers and fortune tellers that can predict when someone's going to go psycho.
    True - so the only think you have to do is stop giving them weapons of mass destruction when they do.

I was in my early 30s when Australia also had a systemic problem with mass shootings - then one day, some nutball shot 35 people in Tasmania.

We as a country decided and supported our government is saying "THAT IS ENOUGH".

It was - and they made tougher laws, and guess what - the mass shootings STOPPED.

STOPPED

DEAD

IN

THEIR

TRACKS

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Nope - with stricter gun laws these events stop happening. That's a demonstrated fact.
    Look at Columbine.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

power comes from the bullets.

more AR bullets are designed to penetrate than pistol bullets

cmon
    Power comes mostly from the caliber, and penetration comes from the bullet design. While rifle bullets can be better designed for penetration, a bullet that hits multiple targets is far less deadly than a bullet that shatters or spreads after initial penetration, like most handgun bullets are designed to do.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Isn't it strange though at every other mass shooting, which seems to be a crime popular with white people, religion is never mentioned? The Sandy Hook shooter was an extreme nihilist. So was the V Tech shooter. So was the Aurora shooter. Yet no one mentions this but when it has to do with brown people, they blame their relgion?

the term AR has nothing to do with mass harm

its incredibly well defined

people are just idiots and have no idea what theyre talkin about because they cant be assed to do 10 seconds of research
    You have to understand, some people here really think AR-15 stands for "Assault Rifle Model 15".

This is the type of ignorance that gets riled up over emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    The fact he's trolling has nothing to do with another fact, that there are people even in this thread who share the exact view he mentioned, and without trolling. Still waiting on them to come out and say it. Not that they have the spine to do so.
    Oh, I'm just waiting...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    There are AK and AR pistols, so whats your answer to that? He said equal caliber. I'll even pull the FN Fiven Seven.
    i dont see anything about equal caliber anywhere

but ok.

if you want to think that if you line up all the rounds, pistol shot would be deadlier than rifle shot

you can feel free to think that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    So the high capacity clips didn't come from the USA?
    Doesn't matter where you import from..
    It has to cross ones country's borders. That puts the ball into the courts of the buyers customs agency.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    Fox News reported the shooter's name at 8 his morning, and probably earlier. 8 am is just when I turned on the TV.

I don't know why you persist in fabricating such nonsense, but I am reporting your post for trolling, and will not respond to you again on this thread.
    You are reporting me for saying that FOX News site was not listing the guy name ? Go ahead.